1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf *superawesome* frost torps

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Zombie, 28 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ArctiC

ArctiC Active Member

Wow look at all these frost users trying to protect their weapon lol, Rovio's got to do what they got to do! I'm confident they will take actions in the best interest of both parties.

I think a frost should be similar to a tesla stun: breaks on hit, has resistance, doesn't go through a tesla shield just disables it but well thats just my opinion.

Terry Morgan and Babablacksheep like this.
  2. ArctiC

ArctiC Active Member

Anyone who shows vision should expect to get killed. You must be joking right? So either you are suggesting everyone should camp or run a nitro like you do! Not every ship gets to equip an OB/Nitro and any weapon in the game should not make you feel helpless this is exactly what glue blaster is doing right now.

Even for a speeder such as me with a T5 epic O/B dodging a frost/torp attack is impossible. Not just the torp but all enemies target you once you are frosted & you just wait to be dead.
    Again Rovio's got to do what they got to do but thats my 2 cents on this issue being vocal doesn't change anything (don't forget what happened during raffle exploits)

Last edited: 8 Nov 2017
    Babablacksheep likes this.
  3. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

at everyone saying the nerf is not needed, then keep frost how it is and nerf torp damage by its half.
    permastun was bad yes and it still is OP how it is now, but that CC doesnt carry damage that's the point, a CC shouldn't carry damage, figure even a oneshot...
    YSL and other frost users were 500-1k not less before this broken mechanic was implemented, how do you justify that first player ever to reach 6k not it's a frost torp user?
    do you think YSL is more skilled than Orpheus or Peelah etch etch?

besides all of this speeders should get an heavy nerf all around.
    i play defender right, i compare myself to a speeder:
    Pros:
    i have twice the hp

Cons:
    i am static, if i misposition i am dead, a speeder gets in n out a fight as he pleases, a speder is way much harder to target with lead shots and anything, a speeder can get out of frost with nitro
    i can't CC, speeder can both frost and stun and still has a slot for OB, not to mention a speeder could also tesla shield
    i deal half as much damage per hit, in the best case fire combo its a 2 to 2.5k hit, frost torp 4 to 5k

honestly, a ship that has the ability to reposition so easily, which is basically everything in this game, should not have all those advantages over another ship, i still see average speeders win 1v2, 1v3s.... stun one frost the other, oneshot him, ob away, bandage up some hps, refresh cds, reengage stun one frost the other oneshot him etch...
    if my defender gets in a 1v2 - 1v3 it's: i trade damage with one ship, perhaps kill him then i am dead. shooter? the same. fixer? not a chance. enforcer? has way much harder times respect a speeder cause he is slower.

so can any other ship respect a speeder win 1v2s 1v3s?
    then why speeders need a crowd control+oneshot combo?

just nerf them lol

4. Hodges

Hodges Well-Known Member

great discussions coming from both parties but at the end of the day its been confirmed that there will be a balancing of frost and who knows other items also ?

it was always coming and im sure frost users knew this also.

Babablacksheep, Kitterini and A55A51N like this.
  5. ● • ARM¥TR!X F!X€R • ●

● • ARM¥TR!X F!X€R • ● Active Member

Frost torp user protect their own toys.lmao

6. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

This is starting to sound like jealousy now...

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  7. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

It was the primary aim of the thread:p

8. @YSL

@YSL Well-Known Member

Digital Creative Director
    You talking like every frost-torp speeders are top 10. LOL Have you ever seen any other torp speeders except bunta? I see many speeders who switched to this setup and they don't even climb. Even a guy called CaoZaVa runs a T4 LEG big torpedo, he doesn't even reached 5K. You have no idea what you talking about.

Let me show you few screenshots I took from Frost-torp speeders, they're almost all under 4k dmg:
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

The only think you do is making it sound easy, BUT IT'S NOT EASY.
    You guys actually punish players who master it (and there only a few). You guys are also talking like it was a restrictive weapon, but it's not. @Zombie Can I see you hitting 6k with my setup?

Ian, Cyn and Shadow Moon! like this.
  9. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Minimum speed is 0.33 right
    Can we just bump it to .5 that's fast enough to give dodging chance in most cases I think.
    Also frost effects and secondary debuffs should not stack. That's bs

10. Shadow Moon!

Lol don't play a defender then or just admit you aren't good enough to complete in higher league. Defender and shooters are already having having slot point advantage and still you whine.

@YSL likes this.
  11. @YSL

@YSL Well-Known Member

Digital Creative Director
    I'm not against a nerf. Increase the minimum speed is a solution, or decrease its strengh. i agree also with the fact that it souldnt stack anymore. BUT frost blaster similar to a tesla bolt - breaks on hit, can't go through a tesla shield... LOL. No way

The Otherguy likes this.
  12. Kraptastic

Kraptastic Active Member

Sales
    I've been trying Frost Torps lately (mostly because of this thread), and I like it. Frankly, it's the only reason why I run Speeder. Frost Mortar on my Enforcer is probably even more annoying for some people tho. No escaping the ballpark mortar.

13. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

What about frost and stun stacking. The combo in no aspects is easy. But stunning a SHIP, gives you enough time to execute the FROST torp cycle without a single mistake

1) Frost can stack

2) It doesn't break stun

3) It penitrates through shield (in fact entire combo makes tesla shield pathetically useless)

4)A severe boost to Torpedo damage, which seems to be one of the highest DPS weapon without frost

5)And after all this if combo not executed well, you are still an easy target for MORTAR type weapons(which are enhanced by frost too)

And about sticking together, Land a one big torp perfectly, and you end up injuring entire team by splash
    Also torp has unlimited range, so experienced speeder like YSL here can injure the team at a safe (which is skill per se) until they find the loner who is probably dead, the moment the speeder charges

IF YOU DON'T FIND THIS OP, AND JUST JEALOUSY THEN I SAY YOU ARE JUST PROTECTING YOUR PRECIOUS COMBO

Te rompi el tuje likes this.
  14. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

If speeders were so OP and easy to master, then everyone would be playing them. There are a lot of players that simply can't effectively play speeder, and it shows. Particularly at the lower infamy levels. Playing defender is more forgiving, simply because the larger number of hit points lends itself to a higher margin of error. You can take more hits. Speeders don't need to be nerfed.

The big torp should not be nerfed at all. Its already set up that you gain high damage in exchange for long cool down and slow projectile speed. I've seen the complaints about the frost/torp combo being OP, but from what I've seen its a high risk/high reward combination. Speeders attempting to land the combo leave themselves vulnerable oftentimes to other enemy ships. From what I've also seen, its oftentimes unsuccessful. The number of times that I've seen a speeder successfully land that combination only to be destroyed immediately afterwards has been somewhat high. The devs appear to be nerfing frost a bit. But in terms of game mechanics, everything else is working just fine.

A55A51N, Shadow Moon! and @YSL like this.
  15. Shadow Moon!

But saying YSL is not skilled or less skilled and all speeder needs overall nerf is termed as jealousy. Yes accepted frost needs nerf but how do you justify zombies statement that YSL is less skilled?
    Considering the fact that there are 75% of shooters and speeders and less defenders is because people feel comfortable with speed and firepower. I personally found the remarks made by zombie are because of jealousy and anger and not logical thats it.

Cyn and @YSL like this.
  16. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

I average above 3200 infamy and play with everyone after nightmare resets, no it is not OP, stop whining and get gud.

Because someone kills you using a different strategy is part of the game, you people wont be happy until everyone is using the same setup as you, spamming OP sniper cannon

@YSL likes this.
  17. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

As a speeder I can't tell you how many times I get hit two or three times with sniper and are taken out without ever being able to target a single unfriendly, now you want to nerf our items more? learn to adapt.

18. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

If you don't like a person comments, do not target that person, IGNORE HIM(I M ignoring player who abuses players in global, has no skill). We all are here for constructive discussion, i ignore personal comments from both parties and share my views, you should do the same :)

Just one question to all of you, if someone insults YSL does it decrease her infamy or decay her skills? No!!!! So keep thread constructive and free of SALT, before it ends up getting locked

19. Shadow Moon!

I agree with you that ignoring is the best option but I personally find that ignoring just encourages that person to do the same again unless something or someone brings him or her to senses. I am ready to take the heat but its really disgraceful to namecall someone on global platform and to say someone is unskilled just because they play better than you.

20. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Lol, that’s just not true. Speeders sometimes have amazing games, if someone plays perfectly and has a bit of luck, just like any other ship. But that’s not ‘average’.

Let me show you what it’s really like to be a speeder ~80% of the time...

Kindly note how the sniper hit even when I’m using Nitro. And how I have to eat a massive crit, before I can even begin the whole ‘stun-shoot’ pattern. And then it’s not that easy to keep away from the turret. And there is often a bit of lag, so you don’t know if the turret is really where it looks like it is.

Playing speeder mostly involves watching your ship get abruptly blown up, over and over again. A monotonous and frustrating pattern, which is ‘occasionally’ interrupted by an awesome game where you own everyone... And when that does happen, despite it being a rare mixture of luck, skill, and planets aligning, everyone cries about it, and says speeder needs a nerf. No it doesn’t! The speeder is already a floating death trap, as it is.

Last edited: 9 Nov 2017
    Shadow Moon! and BasedCarpen like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.