1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf *superawesome* frost torps

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Zombie, 28 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

It's absolutely ridicolous that my last 3-4 matches ended up with the same thing:
    frosted, 2 torps, 4-5k damage per torp, dead
    i want a dev to tell me how a thing like that can be considered balanced...
    this is the most unbalanced shit i've seen in months, nerf this goddamn frost torps already.
    who cares about halloween map (which is very nice btw, i really like it), when speeders have it so easy it's embarassing...
    i get speeders should have this mighty reposition ability, i get that they have this mighty crowd control ability....
    but also oneshots? why? speeders don't need to fucking oneshot even defenders...

2. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

Frost-Torp is the deadliest combo in the game right now :eek: but I have noticed an increased number of frost-torp speeders recently. I mean, this combo is not something new. Is there a buff to the frost blaster?

Mr. Chompers and • Percy • like this.
  3. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Yep, in old frost blaster some crew talents didn't work. Since the bug fix FROST effect is STRANGELY POWERFUL.

WE already have 2-3 threads about this. DEVS, you need to look into this

4. Phalgun

Phalgun Member

We can’t do anything to Frost Torp combo to be honest.. they can’t remove the frost effect nor the massive damage of the big torpedo.. if they remove the Additional damage of the torps on freeze items, then no one would use the freeze items and it’s not wise. I don’t see a way out of this problem anytime soon. Maybe they can reduce damage at the most. Let’s wait and see

5. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Nerf big torp. The other torps are actually really under powered(when compared to the Big Torp).

6. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Every thing about damned big torp is OP
    1) DAMAGE
    2) AREA DAMAGE
    3) FROST ADVANTAGE
    YOU NAME IT

7. Disguised

Exactly.
    They should add perks that decrease angle spread for weapons like carronade, missiles, and tri-torpedo. Also, swift torpedo has around the same damage as a blast cannon, if not less.

8. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

LoL, where will all the whale speeders go if they nerf it. I'm pretty sure their outcry was the reason they buffed it in first place. Even blaster wasn't that bs before.

Phalgun likes this.
  9. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

They don't need to nerf the torpedo. They just need to nerf it so that the slow effect on blaster is not as strong. There has to be a chance to still dodge the torp while frozen. At the moment it is not possible with .33 speed. Perhaps they can seriously nerf the slow down effect but make it so turret and agility is also lowered. That way when you freeze an opponent they cant aim to try and hit you.

10. Disguised

Nitro.

11. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Noooo don’t take away my frost+torp!!! :(:(
    No seriously, epic t5 and lege frosts are ridiculoysly strong. A nerf might be in place, but only in the high end . I have epic t2 and enemies escape my torps 50% if they see it coming.

12. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Since a lot of players don't know the drawbacks of frost + torp, I'll explain. If you are using this setup, you either have to sacrifice nitro/tesla shield for tesla bolt (TB, FB, OB), or you can go w/o a stun (Nitro or TS, OB, FB). When playing without a stun, this setup loses a large portion of its effectiveness against the yellow boats AND you risk being shot at while setting up. However, if you decide to use a stun, your chances of hitting these boats is much greater, but at the same time you must stun -> frost -> slow down and set up for a torpedo which takes a great deal of time. This is extremely risky when you are not in a 1v1 situation, as you are practically a sitting duck to other boats while setting up, especially considering you are sacrificing nitro and tesla shield which could have been used to help escape. Also, while setting up many players can notice what you are doing and prevent you from completing the combo. With all this said, it is still an extremely powerful combination and I could understand why many believe frost should be nerfed, I personally also think frost blaster could use a small nerf.

Last edited: 28 Oct 2017
  13. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Lol how every shooter cries to nerf speeder items and when people say shooter has extra blue slot advantage they say its well balanced :p

14. Fer in Prague

Fer in Prague New Member

It is all about tier. In MK5 shooter rules. Then. When people rise to mk6 and developed crew some weapons change from bad to good. Just about observer hall of fame

Jstajlr likes this.
  15. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Frost blaster is just silly now. Even Peelah's legendary T4 frost launcher doesn't bother me as much as a rare T5 blaster, that extra 30% slow from Isak is a killer.

JJf, behumble and Babablacksheep like this.
  16. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Conclusion:Whatever I use is under powered whatever I don't use is FREAKING OVERPOWERED :p

17. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

cmon man it's not like that
    frost torps is 4k to 5k damage per single torpedo.... for gods sake how can that not be overpowered....

look at fire ec combo, you deal max 2.5k damage, even aoe frost and mortars max you get it's close to 2k...
    and you aren't CCed which means you can dodge both of those...

look at frost torp combo, you deal 4 to 5k damage and you are CCed, you can't dodge the hit...

in pretty much all games a kit that brings Crowd Control, doesnt bring also damage,
    we have 2 type of CCs stun and freeze,
    with stun you are CCed but you don't get increased damage hits and you can still dodge the shots by moving,
    freeze you are CCed you can't dodge the shots and you can't move also you get the highest return on damage increase perks (since big torp has the second highest base damage after mines).

it's not just right, frost damage increase perks for torpedos should be removed at all.

PepeButtCrack likes this.
  18. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

Dude I'm at 3400 infamy with a T4 Epic Big Torpedo. Its not fully maxed, but even with epic and rare frost perks, my frost combo only does 2.5k, with an extra 700 from my Blast Cannon.
    You must be in Nightmare league against T5 epics or t3+ Legendaries ? Which means it's fair enough that a Big Torpedo with frost does 5k... players have 20k health sometimes.

Also frost combo torpedo is the hardest combo to pull off, It is high risk, high reward. It also required the most investment in perks and multiple slots dedicated to trying to land it.

If you think it's OP, let's see you play using it and tell me if your infamy drops, coz I guarantee it will.

19. Zombie

Zombie Active Member

there are literaly 2 players in whole battle bay with 20k hp,
    and yes i'm in nightmare league
    in nightmare league there are also mk5 ships like myself.

nothing is high risk high reward with a speeder, high risk high reward is a defender or a shooter f.e. to chase a fixer for a kill that would change a battle, they are then mispositioned and exposed to enemy fire...
    a speeder can get in and out of crossfire in the easiest way respect all the other ships,
    i've never saw frost torp users in top global and look at it now instead of Orpheus with his cannons u see YSL with her torps.... what were GODLIKE and Peelah playing before their actual frost setup?
    I saw a lot of players that were high ace or barely in nightmare tier, then started to use frost torps and now they are 4500+

If you think that getting a single hit that you can't dodge for 5k damage it's not unbalanced, i have to believe your opinion is really biased
    5k it's the full hp of any mk5 ship except defender and some mk6 aswell.... do you think it's right for a speeder to get in, glue you to the ground, oneshot you, and ob\nitro out?
    It's one cooldown cycle and you are already almost dead, 10 seconds later cooldowns are refreshed, if you are not dead yet they finish you, else they can get in and do the same to someone else and your battle is over
    and don't think that my opinion is biased, because i myself use leg 1 st and bt, and epic lvl 40 bt

Jared and PepeButtCrack like this.
  20. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Fire + ec combo deals 3000 dmg when it’s epic t5 (t pro). AmericanMarauder’s lege t4 ec deals 2400 without fire. And it is way easier to pull off than frost torp

Edit: What’s your in-game name zombie?

NightXO and Shadow Moon! like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.