1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf sniper!!!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Zusay, 25 Nov 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

E691C73E-4236-4ECD-A3BB-BE57052F40E7.png Ok, please take note of this shot guys.

EC doing almost 3.3k CRITICAL WITHOUT FLARE !! Epic T5

Why are ppl worried about sniper cannon lol!

2. Admiral DJ

Admiral DJ Well-Known Member

Solid

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

EC is unique in that it starts being powerful above Bhurt 20. Snipes, though, are almost completely trained by Bhurt 20. All the others are not even close to their full potential below Bhurt 20.

4. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Every cannon can critical. Picking on one, ie sniper seems...short sighted.
    This game needs no more nerfs.
    It needs buffs. Under used Ships, underused weapons.

Nothing else.

And fixing matchmaking.

Calling out of specific weapons for nerfing. Just comes off weird now.
    This game needs players to survive. We don' need any more frost overreaction nerfs.

They messed up frost with current nerf. Going too far.

Those that cry for...now sniper to be nerfed. Play this forward. What if they mess up and make it un playable? Do u want every sniper user to quit the game? If ur meta is right? You will piss off almost everyone. Ie. Whole gaming community will revolt.
    Honestly I am at a point I would never spend a dime again on this game with how random certain nerfs. Happen because of whining on forums and then overraction by devs.

Point to note. I was against the frost nerf. And I play defender. I am against the sniper nerf. Now. And think those that have an issue. Get stronger. Or change tactics. And better yet. Ask for buffs on underused. Weapons and underused ships.

5. TheAntiSnipe

The reason frost was nerfed that hard was because it was horrifyingly OP and people didn't have good suggestions. Sniper cannons are not that OP and people have good suggestions. And again, you should help us in nerfing it better, since you use it

6. Eeyore

Eeyore Well-Known Member

No, im not saying that. I’m saying that those ships have versatile options to deal with it. They have good attributes and proprieties that shooters don’t have.

Enfo can switch engines from full ahead to full astern quickly, we can’t deny that.
    Speeders has nitro, boosts Tesla shield.
    Defender has large number of blue slots, big shields, reduced hits, etc.

Now, what does shooter has ?
    I’d say they are the most difficult ship to play with.

Pros: Great number of red slots.
    Cons: Slow speed and turrent; slow rate of turn, slow rudder. No Tesla shield, no Tesla stun, low-mid defense attribute.

You see, it can be very aggressive, but it also Won’t have many options to prevent damage.

I’d say that a perfect ship for BB is the shooter balanced with turbo, gear lube, rudder, big shield lol. That was on purpose, it can’t have tons of advantages since it has the major red slots of the game.

Uerguy likes this.
  7. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Both the nightmare player arguing are right in their shoes.With speeders who have Tesla shield and 5-6k HP easily sniper is the only counter.Allow speeder to get near you and you are dead.I have faced against difficult speeders,and that is my take

In ACE league,it does it need rebalance.Not beacuse it is overused,Dont throw that snapshot in face(LRM is more used than most of the heavy weapons,So ssly only end game snap shot is accurate description).

Nerf can be applied in various ways like decreasing projectile speed which makes sniper extremly agile.Making talents hard to achive until end game.And make Cap crit chance at 30%..

Nerfs like Rail--Gun that have been suggested have serious impacts,0% at close range really?Its almost impossible to HIt above ACE-1 players At long range

You cant nerf a weapon just beacuse it kicks ass in ACE-2.See what happned to Fixers because of ace noobs(I m ace league player) complaining about them!!!

I do think sniper needs a slight balance considering it has terrific projetile speed.Changes that i already suggested in begning of post

Only endgame snapshot matters,I ditched enfo for shooter because i knew which boat is better end game.Every smart player plays and upgrade ships for endgame

Eeyore likes this.
  8. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

You're wasting a lot of effort trying to educate these people who will just make another duplicate thread when they fail to accept facts and realize the sniper is balanced with every other type of cannon.

9. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

That’s utter BS. Low-mid defense? Slow? Pfff!

Shooters shouldn’t have any extra defense. No other ships get significant defense, apart from Defender, and defender pays a huge price for it’s ability to tank.

Shooter gets an almost broken number of weapons, and then gets huge hp and defense stats to boot, and it’s not even that slow. Turboed shooters are scary fast. It’s like the Mary Sue of boats.

The only ship that even stands a chance against a shooter 1v1 is the speeder, and that’s only by using a lot of tricks, and dodging. Shooter doesn’t need to do any of that, it just sits back and unloads shot after shot... doesn’t even need to pay attention to cooldowns. It’s the easiest ship by far. All you need to do is keep pressing shoot, and the ship’s stats take care of everything else for you.

The amount of noob shooters at high infamy is a disgrace: can’t lead shots, can’t stick with thier team, spammy builds, and yet they’re still owning everything.

If shooter were hard to use (which it should be) then it wouldn’t be used more than all the other ships combined (even as high up as Ace league). The only time Speeders start to outshine it, is in the very late ultra-whale part of the game, which most ftp players will struggle to ever reach, let alone ‘compete’ in.

Last edited: 27 Nov 2017
    A55A51N and Shadow Moon! like this.
  10. ViscountSniffit

It has the same cooldown and slot point cost as BC. So that part is balanced.

With the high crit chance it probably averages around the same damage (might even be higher). But so far that’s balanced too.

But then it also has much greater range, projectile speed, and accuracy. What does BC have to balance that out?

Sniper is objectively better.

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  11. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Please read all the other sniper threads, I won't waste my time explaining the pros and cons of sniper and blast cannon because it has all been said before. You can check out the links I sent in the first few pages of this thread.

12. ViscountSniffit

I’ve read them, and there isn’t an answer there.

You said it was balanced with other cannons, so I’m asking you now, what does BC have to balance out all that extra range and accuracy (that I haven’t already mentioned)? What could it possibly have? You don’t have to explain ‘all the pros and cons’ just one thing.

I think you’re just avoiding the question because you don’t have an answer.

13. Babablacksheep

Most horrendous thing i have ever heard sorry! I support sniper nerf,But if you havent seen a shooter owned 1 vs 1,Then i will have to say you never played this game

Shooter is a strong boat when team is alive,Weakest when it dies.

1) A rushing defender(If defender uses flare+explosive,I will say it will own any shooter 1 Mk higher than it.I have myself done that Twice)

2) A fixer eating box or having 1 duct installed

3) Even the bugged enfo with a good tesla shield Can own a shooter

Shooter's strenght is team,5 weapons are utterly useless again yellow items and High HP.All this applies after mk5+....

I have to agree this,blast has quite the flaws and it was scaled down indirectly.Sniper needs balancing for sure to make it bearable at low levels.At higher level it doesnt matter,because the gameplay is vastly diff...

TheAntiSnipe and ViscountSniffit like this.
  14. ViscountSniffit

Perhaps you’re right. But generally, that hasnt been my experience, and the other three boats are underrepresented at every stage of the game.

15. Babablacksheep

Two factors for that

1)Overpowered shooter Till mk4(Defender and enfo literally crap),So people get overtly used to them (Going to make a thread about it as soon as exams are over)

2)Since game is based on teamplay,shooter are strong.

My arguments were totally based on 1v1 scenario.

ViscountSniffit likes this.
  16. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

IT HAPPENING. EVERYBODY CALM DOWN!!!
    [​IMG]
    Edit: And they all left. No update this time.

Last edited: 27 Nov 2017
  17. FearsomeChicken

FearsomeChicken Well-Known Member

+1
    I'm a sniper user myself, and I think it really needs some rebalancing to make it less powerful in average damage compared to the blast (end-game). Probably the best way is to reduce the max critical chance. But that would make mid-game sniper totally useless. So to compensate, the base dmg of sniper needs to be increased.

TheAntiSnipe and ViscountSniffit like this.
  18. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I would suggest that they should introduce an extra element of skill to those long shots.

Something like that you have to enter the zoom mode to be able to hit anything over 25. It would make it more akin to using a real sniper rifle.

It would bring an extra element of risk for sniper, as they would be less aware of their immediate surroundings.

HeroicBubbles and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  19. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

shooter is not OP, if you look at global rankings, hardly any pure shooter in top 20... assuming all ships are fully upgraded, a shooter can't take on a properly built defender alone, it can hardly beat a good speeder/enforcer, let alone a highly skilled one. Shooters look OP because that's how they are supposed to be perceived, 5 guns and 2nd highest base HP, but excluding the fixer, they are the 2nd easiest ship to kill. catch a shooter out of position and it will sink fast. The shooter shines in team play because they can't thrive without good teamwork.

20. TheAntiSnipe

In the top leagues, it is true. But you should see the ace 3 and 2 meta snapshots, shooter is OP there.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.