1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf sniper!!!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Zusay, 25 Nov 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Its not about devs man!!! Miika,zeus,Bennunator,dmg don,Sir beef none of them use sniper.Still at best infamy among devs..

Problem is when you nerf a weapon of solid player base,The consequences are severe.This not something that has to be decided without proper thought.

If you want to see what a sniper user can do above 3k,Let me tell you its just another weapon.You just cannot hit a speeder with T4 boost and all perks with a crazy strong T shield.Notice the last 2 shooter,I might have missed a hell lot of sniper shots in that bcause T shield are just impenitrable.It just needs a scaling as it is quite effective at lower levels...
    IMG_6053.PNG

2. djsurfzz

djsurfzz New Member

everyone is saying stuff like they got crit 3 times in the same game and sniper crit percent is inaccurate. I could be wrong but I would think that if you logged 10,000 sniper shots the amount of crits would be somewhere near 3750 and that's assuming 37.5% crit chance

Last edited: 30 Nov 2017
  3. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    And if you log 10K with any other cannon there'll be around 100

4. djsurfzz

djsurfzz New Member

right and that's because that's how sniper was designed.

5. djsurfzz

djsurfzz New Member

people are making it seem like the displayed crit chance doesn't reflect true crit chance in game

Babablacksheep likes this.
  6. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Not 0% damage. 0% crit chance. I wouldn't suggest that much of a bad nerf.

7. TheAntiSnipe

Start. On. Point. I take a one day leave of absence. ONE DAY. And people are firing off personal attacks? Jeez. @YSL, you walked into an ambush. The match was set the moment you started moving towards that end of the map. BUT it doesn't show my point. Sniper critting at long range is okay. It's the short range part that irks me. All three of the other cannons lack range. This cannon has range AND the ability of the other three. Back on point, guys.

ThatOnion and A55A51N like this.
  8. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I destroy moving speeders all the time with my blast canon... don't even need a sniper for that.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

#blast44

10. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

the fact of the matter is... sniper crits are still RNG based... it is not guaranteed, you are still relying on luck (my standard shooter loadout carries two snipers, somtimes i get lots of crits and sometimes i get zilch, that's the sniper's weakness, just when you need 1 crit, and it doesn't happen, you are dead). although in the old meta, crit chance was only suppose to max out at 37.5% because the old meta only allowed up to 3 perk slots... the devs might have overlooked that part. you guys better be careful when asking for nerfs, look what happened to frost, it basically went extinct with the new update... burn combos rule the bay as of the moment.

- Oskar -, @YSL, _devill and 2 others like this.
  11. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Devs tried to balance burn with frost but fire does not extinguishes after hit. Frost nerf turned bay on fire.

A55A51N likes this.
  12. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I'd love some 100 - 200% damage buff to standard cannon since everyone's so hellbent on nerfing every defender setup possible. :mad:

13. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

You might consider it a weakness, but it’s not a weakness that can be exploited.

Against BC/ExC/carronade, you can outrange them; even at medium range, they’re difficult to hit with. Against torpedoes, you can get inside thier arming range. Against Mortar type weapons, you get a ‘heads up’ and time to move away from the centre.

Against sniper there is nothing you can do (apart from hide). You can’t just assume it won’t crit, because they often do. So you have to treat it like it’s always going to do 1000+ damage.

Not that it makes a lot of difference, since it’s so hard to avoid the damage anyway, but still... if its ‘weakness’ is the chance it ‘might’ not crit, then there ought to be a strategy to take advantage of that weakness (for example getting close), but there isn’t. All you can do is hope that it won’t crit. However, the chances are very high that it will: you certainly wouldn’t want to take more than two shots from it.

TBH I wouldn’t mind if sniper was nerfed into ground like frost. Some game mechanics aren’t fun, and the game would be better without them. I don’t think the game benafits any from forcing everyone into cover, to snipe from extreme range. I signed up to fight cute little boats, not name-tags on the horizon. I signed up for strategy, not hiding and praying to RNG.

Even before I’d experienced the huge crits, I felt sniper was OP just because of the range and accuracy. Even at medium range, it probably makes up from its lack of power through pure accuracy. The crits just make it unbearable. It’s a terrible weapon that shouldn’t even be in the game IMO, let alone the most powerful option, dominating the meta.

FearsomeChicken and ThatOnion like this.
  14. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

One question, do you use sniper?

15. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I used it when I played shooter, and thought it was easily the best weapon. However, RNG gave me Blast Cannons, which were okay at first, but then it became very difficult to get into range with them (that’s partly how I ended up playing speeder).

I’m currently training up an epic sniper. In the likely event it doesn’t get nerfed, the only reasonable option will be to to retrain Bhurt and switch. There’s no way I’m gonna continue going balls-to-the-wall, just to get 700 damage; when I can sit back and get 400 safely (and then 1100+ every 2-3 shots).

16. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

It's good that you have blast cannons to compensate for the nerf. I'll be super selfish as a f2p and say I don't have anything to replace my sniper. My loadout is limited to sniper/EC or sniper/BT. So if the sniper is nerfed I'll have to grind for a new weapon setup (considering how last few nerfs went). Maybe i'll go with flare/EC cos I have a rare t1 flare gun. Wait until I get like 5 more, then nerf sniper.:p

And I guess the balls-to-the-walls happens anyway if you run speeder. No place is safe enough to help you win without getting a few shots in return.

If the devs see it right to nerf sniper you won't hear me complaining about it. All players are accustomed to the performance of sniper on the bay. They know the risk and the cost. Let's keep it that way (again being selfish) or the next thing on nerf list will be blast cannon. :p

Last edited: 30 Nov 2017
  17. TheAntiSnipe

How, pray tell, would you nerf the blast cannon? Lol it has already been nerfed enough.
    Oh, edit: Anything the devs nerf, I have a backup plan for. I have a DPS build with standard cannon and BT set up. xD fortune favours the prepared.

18. - Oskar -

- Oskar - Well-Known Member

in my modest opinion I would stop making everything nerf, people spend a lot of time, energy, other pieces scrapped, money ... to maximize an item and then the nerf makes it completly useless like all the freeze weapons :confused: ... it does not seem fair to make much effort Maximize something and then make it useless. I think it would be more positive to make a buff on some of the other items so people would vary their combinations and have fun... in this game there are a lot of items but only a few are used and that will not be fixed by nerfing everything.
    Fix the disastrous matcmaking, create a few decent maps(no like the last), and fix the issue of infamy on the ground to do the quest which is killing the game as well.
    In summary if a little more case was made listening to all players who give incredible ideas in this forum the game would be the best but with all my respect the developers seem to have no rush to improve their product, which is sad. I think this game in other hands would be number one ... but ... o_O

_devill likes this.
  19. TheAntiSnipe

No, the last map is a work of art that deserves a place in an art gallery. No arguments about WayPains.

Help I Cant Swim and LimeOnMars like this.
  20. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

Snipers just aren't OP, if they really were, then speeders and enforcers would be using them more instead of blast cannons and EC... i'm can't accept your argument on this one... i just don't see the sniper being OP. i'll leave it at that...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.