1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf sniper!!!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Zusay, 25 Nov 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. @YSL

@YSL Well-Known Member

Digital Creative Director
    You're surely not dietcoke. You're surely not have his boat, neither his gears.
    So when I see a mk5 fixer who runs a sniper or swift torpedo and go straight to solid mk6s. It's pretty sad.

Miku da yo, I'm sorry.

*slaps self in the face and leaves*

2. Play4ever4

Play4ever4 New Member

Stop cry... 50%crit where do you live?!?
    I bearly get 30%... and again let’s compare the damage without crit... very low compare to blast cannon or the mortars...
    mortar almost always 100% hit if ur not a speeder and damage can be huge

3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Nerf sniper because you want to go in the view of 5 enemies? Nerf sniper because they kill you? Out of all the items that 5 players can have sniper was the only that could hit you, so nerf it, yea! Nerf it for the sake of the fastest boat with the ability to get in your face with 7k hp and run back to the fixer on opposite side of the map in seconds...

Maybe, try being more cautious.

4. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

Seriously, all of you should be able to debate the topic itself without resorting to personal attacks against each other or your play styles. This thread is going to get locked if this thread continues on its current tone.

Ian, ThatOnion and Miku Da Yo 39 like this.
  5. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

I m a sniper user myself,and i know how hard hitting it can be at Ace- 1,2 and 3

Sniper needs a rescaling/Rebalancing/Rearranging of talent tree.A weapon which does better damage than Railgun 45 times out of 100 in 1 Slot,with miles better accuracy,Half the reload time,Without amy damage reduction ar close range...

And Remove one +25% big Crit hit Crew talent,Thats all

And i will say this all again.A minor decrease in Ridiculously fast projectile speed will solve some problems.

And crit chance CAP at 30% if you want to walk away with minor change

@Miku Da Yo 39 i disagree with down
    scaling of perks

Reason:- it will still be a good weapon for P2W with 4 perk,F2p rare user player with 3 perk suffer

All This coming from a sniper user:-- Rare T4 and Epic soon to be T2

TheAntiSnipe, Ian and ThatOnion like this.
  6. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Why is everyone comparing sniper crits to flare + Ex. It's a 2 weapon close range combo that takes up 3 red slots and other one is 1 slot long range point and shoot.

And why are we comparing sniper crits to ex crits? One hits once in 5 games (less than that) and other hits 5 times in 1 games. Are we all out of common sense here?

I don't care if sniper gets nerfed or not but asking for flare+ Ex nerf along with sniper is just plain stupid. Let me tell you why: Because fire and frost go hand to hand. If fire combo gets a nerf then frost gets a nerf and it's not doing so well at the moment. Good luck with your trash blasters then.

It's the fundamental idea behind both combos. You really think they just Yolo nerfed fire combo last update?

7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

That’s such a perfect example, thank you for posting that. The speed and accuracy alone is terrifying.

What’s worse: there are people below 1k infamy now (like loads of them), dishing out the same 1100! crits, against ships with less than half the hp YSL has.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    Can you just leave. We all know you have a leggy sniper and don't want it nerfed, but for once in your damn life just look straight at what is happening.

A 1slot item with lazer-like projectile speed, and high range can deal over 1200 damage
    consistently above 700 infamy with no drawbacks.
    Also, quit comparing sniper to other cannons, they all have drawbacks a/or quirks. AND don't crit every 5 seconds.

I stand by my suggestions, remove the crit damage increase in the skill trees, this gives use to crit dmg perks and indirectly lowers crit chances. And a 30% cap on crit chance, because, duh.

9. Joey who

Just... what??

10. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

I don't even run crit chance perks, get out, They can take away all crit chance perks from the game for all i care. just DONT touch the god damn talent tree, nerf crit chance through perks not through the tree because our max crit dmg gonna suffer if I'm forced to use crit perks.

Last edited: 30 Nov 2017
  11. ThatOnion

Gamer
    Shooters are going lower and lower with higher level crap. It may have been a bit of an exaggeration, but not that much.

12. ThatOnion

Gamer
    Good god, is the talent tree your wife or something? Explain your points please and thank you

13. Miku Da Yo 39

Read my comment

14. Joey who

Yea a bit, haha

15. ThatOnion

Gamer
    My point still carries

16. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Damn that's crazy. It's worse for me tho, how do you think I feel with only 4k hp and no tesla shield or nitro to defend myself? xD im in nightmare as well so the sniper shots are just as powerful as this vid :(

17. ThatOnion

Gamer
    I just realised how pointless this thread is, 90% of the devs use sniper. A nerf is never gonna happem

18. Miku Da Yo 39

Hey guys I made a thread regarding the usefulness of auto aim in this game, please go check it out thanks!

19. ThatOnion

Gamer
    Nobody cares

Stay on-topic

20. Mr. Aussie

Mr. Aussie Well-Known Member

Miku Da Yo 39 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.