1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf sniper!!!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Zusay, 25 Nov 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

Basically I am not a person who calls for nerfs but sniper damage is definitely too overpowered. I know tons of players won‘t agree with me, as nearly everyone is using sniper cannons and let‘s face it, most of us don‘t want our loadout to be nerfed. So why do I think sniper needs a nerf? We all know shooting a player, while he can‘t shoot you can be a big advantage, so sniper is great for long range. Furthermore it‘s projectile speed is very high, mostly you don‘t even have to aim it and if it‘s against a fast speeder it only needs very little aiming and it‘s still very very easy to hit. But those factors (projectile speed and range) DON‘T need a nerf cause that‘s what basically describes a sniper. Easy hitting from far away. The 2 things that are way too overpowered is the chance to crit (nearly 50% crit chance at nightmare) and it‘s crit damage outcome. With a t5 epic sniper you can do around 1.9-2k crit damage on NON burning targets. Today I have been hit with such a sniper (screenshot) and it dealt 2047 damage, while i couldn‘t even see the defender who shot it. Even if i did see him, there was no chance for me to fire back as the distance was way too big for my loadout (flare + double blast). Now let‘s compare it with my t5 epic blast cannon. Blast cannon should deal high damage but it has a low projectile (which means you need a lot of aiming, especially the further you are away or the faster your enemie‘s ship is) and you need to get rather close to enemies to be in range for your weapons. Even getting into that range can cost you tons of hp. So let‘s say i hit my flare (also not even close as easy as hitting a sniper) and follow it up with my t5 epic blast cannon (as mentioned also not thaat easy to hit), my blast deals around 1900 damage to burning targets. My crew training has everything that influences blast cannon upgraded and my perks are 4x epic burn damage perks, which gives it the highest damage in case flare hits. So i need to get close to enemies, while others can easily hit me, i need to aim my flare AND blast well in order to hit the enemy and the result is a lower damage than a sniper on non burning targets. If i miss my flare my blast hits ~1170 lol. How tf is that balanced??? Probably some people will counter that 50% of the time sniper won‘t crit and the damage without crit is kinda low but the problem is, no matter how good you are at leading shots, sniper users hit their snipers way more often than for example blast cannons users plus ofc hitting from far distance. This weapon is just very overpowered and i don‘t understand how devs nerf so many things and sniper just keeps it high crit chance and crit damage. That 7.5% damage reduction nerf a few month ago was just ridiculous.
    Still I am happy to hear all opinions on this, also a statement by a dev would be nice, thx for reading :)

B2EE0018-A6EB-4B09-8F67-FD0A8BF9A8A3.png 5EC02884-A688-4753-BF4B-DDD94ECB05A0.png

Cpt.urdad, Rivet, ArctiC and 12 others like this.
  2. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

In before sniper protectors.

3. Shadow Moon!

Basically what everyone is mad about snipers is the ridiculous crit chance. 50% seriously every second shot a critical hit. I don't have problem with critical damage tbh but the the consistency of crit damage is too daman high. I don't think sniper is no skill weapon but still it is easy to use weapon and the results are more rewarding for 1 slot weapon. Maybe crit chance should cap out at 33-35%.

4. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Agree with you, but expect lots of people disagreeing with you because they're just way too happy with their sniper cannons equipped.

Zusay likes this.
  5. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

I've been saying it forever, give that 7.5% damage back and decrease crit chance.

TheFixer27 likes this.
  6. Shadow Moon!

So was I with my frost torp:p difference was I wasn't hiding behind a rock and putting out crit after crit.
    No salt, Peace.

What's Up Player likes this.
  7. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

These are from the same game.
    F4F23DCD-485D-4584-B2A9-F4A83C4F335C.png
    8A636CA3-B4C3-43B0-9BAF-FE8D0CC73B4C.png

These are from the same game.
    30DF2AB8-67A5-4669-867A-4206986B9A7A.png
    E0FD4A69-1DF3-4987-9C4F-B423D2CAE719.png

I think I get at least one in almost all my games.
    416DF289-E09E-4DF4-A45B-489FEED91B77.png

I think the issue has been exacerbated by the ease with which people can obtain perks now. A couple of months ago only people in nightmare needed to worry about stacked crit perks. Now there are people below 1k infamy with all epic crit perks.

In my first screen shot, that sniper doing 800 damage is only level 21. So the level of power is way in excess of what equivilent level defensive items like shields can tolerate at that stage in the game. And also what equilivent level weapons like BC can do at lv21.

Last edited: 25 Nov 2017
  8. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    Give back 7.5% base damage
    While crit chances,maybe,reduce each crew talent to 2.5% more crit chances and add one more sniper talent just like how they did with fire and frost?

9. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It’s not a ‘no skill’ weapon, but it is arguably ‘the least’ skill weapon.

With the possible exception of Ball Park, no other weapon is easier to hit with at even a fraction of the range, and it hits like a railgun, with none of the drawbacks a railgun has.

Last edited: 25 Nov 2017
    Zusay likes this.
  10. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

yes i think they should either reduce the critical hit chance or maybe take off the extra burn damage for sniper cannons, it has already been nerfed , if nerfed completely for sniper cannons i feel it would be better.

11. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

Fire damage nerf would do anything! It's only about the high crit chance and the high damage output from a crit! 2k damage on non burning targets

12. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

They'll be like: "What was that? Did you ask for your blast cannon nerf"?

On serious note, I don't think they'll nerf it. If they wanted to, they would've done it last update. Instead they nerfed fire ignoring all complaints about snipers.
    It's the most used weapons in the game and they'd prefer not to mess around with it. They won't nerf it for small playerbase that doesn't use it.

What's Up Player likes this.
  13. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    I think that the best balance would be a railgun-like percentage but with crits. So crit chance decreases in close range.

14. vis1234567899

no but that is the only thing that will help players of all levels against sniper as in lower levels sniper really doesnt crit so much and blast cannon does more damage overall

15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Small playerbase. True. Sad, but true. Well, guess we'll have to work around it then, as all the great speeders do. Let's git gud! On a cooler note, guys, nitroing not into, but beside, enemy shooters or sniper cannon users, causes their aim to NOT WORK! Basically, this'll help y'all to dodge those close tap-to-shoot snipeshots.

16. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

they shall not nerf it for the small playerbase that doesn´t use it, they shall nerf it for a balanced game. I am not asking to boost blast cannon or whatever, but sniper is overpowered and I don´t know why they always miss to nerf it. And it´s the most used weapon in the game for the same reason - it´s overpowered. You can´t be afraid of nerfing a weapon just because most people use it - if it´s too strong, nerf nerf nerf, just like it happened to so many other weapons.

A55A51N and ViscountSniffit like this.
  17. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

Not a bad idea at all!!!

A55A51N likes this.
  18. vis1234567899

yet rovio does not want to upset the majority right after the last major nerf update,. People will complain that with burn and sniper nerf is too much nerfing

19. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Well simple solution,It doesnt the best skill,as a sniper user i know that.But as zusay said,They wont nerf due to large majority using it

So a Minor nerf suggestion

1) Projectile speed which goes up to 48 should be decreased to 35

2) All sniper Crit sniper perks Just +0.5% better than canon ones(All class)

3) Relaod time increased by 1s.

This will cause indirect nerf of crit chance and slow projectile wont make it easy to hit rather it will req skill to lead shot

TheAntiSnipe and Shadow Moon! like this.
  20. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Crit chance is what makes a sniper,so ideas should be planned around its periphery without affect the its main character

So we have aspects like Reload time,projectile speed,Range,Etc which can be balanced to make it more skill weapon

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.