1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf Shooter Thread!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by DragonLegend, 25 Sep 2018.

1. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

This is somewhat true. TB is not worth using below 10 sec while red items have no such limitations.
    What if yellow items have high initial value and lower inc. with lvl to balance it out??

2. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

red items have no such limitation ,what?
    if you use any weak(underleveled) red item then it is useless ,you can't use a T2E EC because it is so weak compared to others items, but you can use a T2E TB because even if it is only T2E still it stuns players for more than 11s .

TheAntiSnipe and Mad_Bulls_007 like this.
  3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

That's completely untrue.

The base stun duration for a level 20 Epic Tesla Bolt is 5.7 seconds. If you had all the training up to t2, then you could get it up to 7.4 seconds, with a 19 second cooldown. That's why it's useless in the early and even middle stages of game. Later in the game when you have access to all the training and Epic Perks, then you might get higher, but that is not what he was talking about. At the beginning of the game TB is unusable, the stun duration on the common is even shorter than GCD.

Something like Blast Cannon, on the other hand, is more or less consistent throughout the whole game. My uncommon Blast, that I used in challenger league, was every bit as useful as my Epic Blast that I use now in Ace.

4. DragonLegend

You are ryt since ec gets 79% boost from talents.
    But thats not what i am talking about. Red do dmg less or more. But for yellow its different. Slow overboost won't save you from enemy shots or less than 10 sec stun wont give to time to do escape or focus on another target.

5. DragonLegend

I think @ViscountSniffit found the root of the problem. Shooter has been dominating from the very start. Mostly because yellows are not that good at start. Yellow items gains power too late.
    Like ts is so good at end game but it breaks too quick lower than t4e.
    If yellow became effective when people try every ship i.e in start mk1-3. Then we might see less shooter domination.

PallabKumarS likes this.
  6. Kurd1stan.

7. ViscountSniffit

I don’t even know what your point is?

We said that yellow items don’t reach full power until late in the game. And you try to refute it by posting a video from Wave Blower: an end game player, with Captain level 50, max training, and probably has Epic perks up the wazoo!

A regular newb in Masters can’t get anywhere near that much duration out of his t2 Epic. The final big duration training isn’t until Buzzkill 29. I’ve been playing Speeder for over a year, and I literally only finished that training yesterday.

Nikkie! and PallabKumarS like this.
  8. Kurd1stan.

and it will be 7s and at end game it will might get higher , 4s isn't something small to call might get higher,
    and what is your point ? shooters are OP because TB is weak , or because they are spammers ,if they are spammers you need to do something about spamming and not shooters ,if speeders are weak then buff speeders ,
    most shooters uses 2 SC , that OP because SC
    ....etc

before the TB nerf it was OP ,do you wanna make it OP again ?,

and talking about OPnese ,enforcers are the most OP ship in battle bay ,

and EC are weak for newbies too ,with slow projectile ,and it's talents are at the bottom of bhurt tree.

9. Kurd1stan.

yeah underleveled yellow items are weak apart from nitro and TS but TB is weak but it is just like that for low league but now even challenger league are full of high gear score players , why do you think Devs made gat gun ignore defence points instead of just making it deals more damage ? because low league players already have low defence points and making it deals more damage that will make it OP ,so you can't just buff an item because it is weak(as you say) if it will be OP for others.

10. ViscountSniffit

I’m in favour, of buffing Speeders, but then people will complain that it is too OP in the end game.

I don’t personally think Tesla Bolt was OP. It’s a zero damage item. I’d rather be hit by a Tesla Bolt than a Sniper crit (only 11.1 cd).

And arguing that we need to leave it how it is, or make it OP ‘again’ is a false dichotomy. It could get a serious buff, and still be nowhere near as powerful as it was before.

If you really think Enforcers are an issue, then you should be in favour of buffing Tesla Bolt. Having lots of Tesla Bolts in the meta is what dissuaded people from trying to spam bubbles.

Edit: also I did run EC since t1 Epic, it was still a pretty good weapon with the splash damage.

Here is my very first video, from when I was in Warrior League, with t2 Epic EC and 7 second Bolt. This was probably the last time my games against Shooters actually felt fair.

Last edited: 1 Oct 2018
    Nikkie! and What's Up Player like this.
  11. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

There are plenty of Red items that are trash early game before training and leveling ... Missiles, Carronade, Gatling Gun, Grenade, Railgun.

I have very little Tesla Bolt training and my T2E (just a L11) stuns for 9.3 Seconds with 3 Epic duration perks. My T1L with no perks stuns for 8.3 Seconds. Considering how the game throws Rares at new players, not to mention the occasional Legendary, it's not difficult to level up yellows enough in early game to be useful.

I was thinking more about your early game Speeder issue and I don't think the situation is that the Yellow items are worthless early game...I use all lower-level yellow items on both Yellow boats, and while I'm not a great Yellow boat captain, I've found them mostly sufficient at T1E (Frost Blaster), T2E (Tesla Bolt, Nitro), or T4R (OB). Tesla Shield is the only one that needs to be T4E before you don't get a break+stun on every shot. My personal opinion is that Speeder needs HP more than anything else... that's the only issue I run into while using it.

12. AAZ7

AAZ7 Active Member

Oooohhh.... believe me, man. In 2v2 battles it makes me crazy. Although it's only zero dmg, but soooo much effect...
    And, by the way, my 2 things:
    1. TB duration. Dr. Buzzkill is lvl 30, but not all of his skills are in TB favor right now. Levels 11, 15, 22, 29 are NOT about TB =)
    IMG_20181002_034358.jpg

2. I played 99% of battles with shooter. But nonetheless I have TSs, TB, Nitro, OB... So if you don't like that yellow ships are useless at the very beginning, then just start building them later =)

13. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

For a number of reasons that many people have outlined, ship usage numbers throughout the bay are not necessarily indicative of what's overpowered ...

[To recap - guild quests are easier with certain ships, because you start with certain ships people may be less willing to switch to others, or there may be a difficulty in switching ships (lack of inventory space/power cells), for more variety (in item usage), lack of quality yellow items RNGd, etc.]

What's a better measure of what's overpowered?

Ship mark ... What are the Mk levels of the different types of ships you're accustomed to seeing? Are they above your level or below your level?

If you're a Mk6 accustomed to seeing Mk7 ships in your infamy range, then perhaps it's the Mk6 ship that's overpowered ..

If you're seeing the same level ships, then maybe it's balanced..

If you're a Mk6 seeing a lot of Mk5 ships, then perhaps the Mk6 ship is underpowered ..

Now, I know people are going to say that it's "skill" that allows them to push higher with their lower mark ships ...

But, if that's true, then as your mark and item levels continue to improve, you will continue to progress.

Otherwise, for those with Mk7s and a full max epic item set that are stuck at or under 3k infamy .. their progress in the game is over. Do they really need a nerf to further speed their exit from the game?

14. ViscountSniffit

My mk3 Shooter must be overpowered too :rolleyes:
    26C2BF10-62AF-4E42-B692-762AAFD32169.png

The sad part is, mk3 Shooter feels like an upgrade for me (maybe I should use it in Ranked?).

Nikkie! likes this.
  15. xArrogance

I'm sure we all have odd replays from the event ...

Screenshot_20181001-185116_Battle Bay.jpg Screenshot_20181001-185206_Battle Bay.jpg Screenshot_20181001-185245_Battle Bay.jpg

But .. if someone's in a lower mark ship in a ranked game, what type of ship are they typically in?

16. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

in my battles, it's usually anything except for the shooter (ofc there are mk5 shooters too, but it seems that less than mk6 shooters), these shooter usually have two or more maxed t4 epics or stronger items in their setup and also t5 rares
    imho in case of my battles, it's really matter of skill, not that I (and also other mk5 ships) am good/really skilled player, but these mk6 players usually don't know hown to lead and dodge shots

What's Up Player likes this.
  17. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I only play events with shooter, after all it's the only ship I can put my firebomb on. Along with my blast, ex, and flare gun.

Shooter needs a small nerf, yes. But don't go :

Oh WoW sHoOtEr Is SlIgHtLy OvErPoWeReD lEtS kIlL iT

Like ya did with speeder ( lol you can't nerf speeder anyway. If speeder gets another netf somebody gon have to force the devs to listen for a week.

Knows truth: devs actually listen, some ideas just can't be implemented or change was NEEDED that vets didn't want- 1% of community

Believes lies: 99% of community

Seriously guys, devs are people too. Give them a break.

18. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Like arrogance said, some people find a difficulty in moving to oth r ships. Usually, nobody cares about yellow items if they aren't using a yellow ship. People are just generally afraid of new ships. We are like that. So I propose we have an event: try a new ship. Basically, just use a ship you haven't used before. Lower mk players will not be allowed to use shooter. Higher ( mk5-7) mk will just play the event as a regular TDM. This way, higher league players don't get bothered by this event, and newer players can decide if they want to use another ship. Not that for this event all ships will need to be unlocked for the little ones, so it's also a free all-unlock, even if you ain't at the required level. Little ones have better time and new generation of players will be COLORFUL!! Or maybe they will be stubborn AF lol

Little ones: newbs

PallabKumarS likes this.
  19. xArrogance

I would like to see an event for 5v5 in the ranked (single-life) format with all max epic (or legendary) items and mk7 ships unlocked .. all with their full crew talents.

This puts all players on an even footing, shows players what ships and items are capable of (once they get to that level), allows for experimentation, and removes all concern of gear score manipulation/seal clubbing.

In fact, I wouldn't mind seeing this added as a permanent option for custom matches (for guild wars).

20. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Yea, that is the only way for this game offer legitimate (fair) tournaments. I'm actually surprised it hasn't happened yet, and because of that, I have my doubts it ever will.

If all boats were leveled at once, this whole rash of seal clubbing complaints will also come to a screeching halt... it's the most glaring aspect of fair play that seems to be missing without reasonable justification. The implementation would be far easier than what was just done with Lube/Rudder/GG.

The beauty of the events is that you can try out new item combinations and unfamiliar boats without incurring penalties for doing so. That's what they were designed for... so I'm not even how a specific "use a different boat" event would be structured.