1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Nerf Shooter Thread!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by DragonLegend, 25 Sep 2018.

1. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

That a full anti-speeder setup with nearly all max legendaries can barely beat a speeder with all epics ....?

Interesting point.

So you're scared to 1v1 vs a shooter main using the underpowered, high skill speeder ...

That's what I thought. 1 down. 1 to go.

Mad_Bulls_007 and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  2. Kurd1stan.

Kurd1stan. Well-Known Member

just look at the first match ,he hardly beaten @ysl even he had much more better items , and if she didn't miss the last ExC shot she would have won .

3. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I would like to take you up on the offer of a game, however, my Shooter is only mk3, and I don’t have 5 weapons that I could put on it if it weren’t. So it probably wouldn’t be a fair test (not that I’d be much of a match for you anyway).

What we can do though, is I’ll play my Speeder, and you can play Shooter, and then you can play Speeder, and see which ship fairs better. (I will play the best game I can no matter what).

I already did that test against DJ Radnad (who has all mk7s). The result was that I was able to beat his Speeder ‘some’ of the time, and his Shooter ‘never’.

Nikkie! and What's Up Player like this.
  4. DragonLegend

DragonLegend Well-Known Member

I am amazed how you clearly ignored that is a 5v5 game. And everyone knows speeder gains power in 1v1.
    And this video was before the update. Now with inc. turret speed it will end sooner.

5. xArrogance

I don't have the yellows to pull of a proper speeder .. which is the point. But, yeah ... you'd have to get your shooter up to Mk6 to be fair.

6. xArrogance

Lol ok, you get 4 friends and I'll get 4 friends .. I'll play speeder. You play shooter. We'll see who does better ... how's that?

7. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

That video proves nothing I am afraid, in fact it maybe even contradicts your argument.
    AM has multiple T5 legendaries, and YSL is using epics, so I would expect the shooter to win.
    However in the first match,
    upload_2018-9-28_11-7-23.png

If that shot landed, it would have been YSLs game.
    In the second match of shooter vs speeder, it was a draw despite the fact the shooter had a much higher gear score / better equipment.

So the speeder has much weaker gear, almost won the first game (missed shot cost her the match) and in the second match was a draw despite the speeder having much weaker gear.

Not sure how this supports your argument that the shooter is overpowered?

Attached Files:

JoshW likes this.
  8. DragonLegend

You are ryt. And speeder was supposed to be 1v1 king. And it was its peak time.
    Its she lost.
    Now with turrent keeping up and speeder nerfed. Wonder what will happen.

9. DragonLegend

How much speeder has lost since then and how shooter gained. Do the math.

10. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

Turret agility has certainly buffed shooter.
    I was just confused why you posted a video of an over equipped shooter who still struggled to kill a speeder, and then said this video proves everything :)

Jayden Kim and What's Up Player like this.
  11. DragonLegend

Sure. Though i only have 1 slot weapons. I will still do it.
    Don't know that will prove anything though. Few matches wouldn't determine anything.
    Only devs can prove it by showing shooter win rates vs other ships win rates stats. Some other stats which shows the stats of complete game efficiency of shooter vs other ships.

12. DragonLegend

So atleast you agreed shooter is buffed.
    Now question is has enfo or speeder gained enough?? Since they clearly lost close range battle advantage.

13. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

It’s probably not the best test, however, it does prove one thing, which I have been trying to get across in this topic: Speeders get hit.

YSL is usually considered to be a very good Speeder. But she still ends up taking the big EC hit in both games (twice I believe in 2nd game). She also gets hit by the Railgun, and the missiles (which are a slower weapon).

If Speeders were really as good at evading hits as people make out, then it shouldn’t have mattered much what AM had. But they aren’t, so it did.

Nikkie!, ShipCrusherCz and Ash KOT like this.
  14. Kurd1stan.

enforcers ? yes , definitely yes,
    speeders? well not much compared others ,
    but reducing agility will cause more problems , because enforcers need a agility nerf more than any other.

15. Kurd1stan.

because AM doesn't have a noob aiming ,and actually she didn't do much dancing ,

but still before "agility update" yellow boats were always on the top of NML ,but now you can see other boats ,so which one isore balanced ? speeders dominant the top of NML or 4 other boats dominate the top of NML?.

16. Kurd1stan.

I have many things to say and prove ,but I don't wanna waste my time complaining about balancing ,it is just waste of time .

EyeOfDoom likes this.
  17. DragonLegend

Is the top balance is what matters?
    Even in NML shooters way outnumber any other ships. Cant speak for lower it would be similar or worse. What kind of balance are you taking about.

Hokuse and What's Up Player like this.
  18. DragonLegend

You clearly wasted enough time on this thread.
    If you had proof you should have started with it. If there is any proof.

19. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

Exactly, Last time we heard from Devs, Defenders were the most dominant in lower leagues. Who knows what number they have up there and all this fear mongering is just overreaction. Won't be surprised if it's still similar win ratio on all boats.

What's Up Player and Kurd1stan. like this.
  20. xArrogance

I've always played YSL in her enforcer so I can't say how good of a speeder she was, but she's not playing a very good speeder (under the old rules) in the first game. I didn't watch the second.

But, this is why I'm switching over to yellow boats ..

Not that this is a common occurance for yellow boats, but it's certainly possible - especially 1v2 or even 1v3. Whereas this has likely never happened with a shooter winning a 1v5 against a nearly full-health team (with similar or better items).

And, I say "yellow boats" because trigun did it in a speeder to my team when I was a mk5.

Another point - Xryn is f2p ... there are no shooters reaching those heights as f2p.

fighter23 likes this.