1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Napalm Launcher or Fire Bomb ?

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by ExenBär, 28 Jul 2017.

1. ExenBär

ExenBär New Member

Dear Battle Bayers,
    Sorry if this topic was already discussed but I didn't find any search function (surfing on my smartphone ;)).
    I know it is always hard to tell which weapon is "better" but as I was desperately waiting for one of the two (NL or FB) to drop I was getting both (rare) within few days. Now I'm wonderig which one to skill (already started with NL now as I got it first but it's still mk1 lvl10 and only 1 skillpoint was actually for NL by now).
    So if you guys have any suggestions for or could let me know which one you prefer and why it would be surely a big help =)
    Btw, I play mk4 shooter with sniper canon, big torpedo, long range mortar (and napalm launcher) at the moment if that has anything to do with your suggestions.
    Thanks a lot an ARRRR ;)

2. lolawola

lolawola Active Member

if you flip your phone into landscape mode, the search function should appear.
    nl or fb? i say use whatev fits your style. nl is more of zone control tool, spreads chaos to enemy ranks and often makes them go separate ways if they panic.
    fb will help your team land bigger hits with cannons if they have burn perks. atm fb is more popular, as its almost like an auto 3star. but you wont go wrong with either of them.

3. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

My personal favorite is the firebomb. Napalm is traffic control. You have to drive through for damage.
    Firebomb does damage to all players in the blast area. Plus gives that sweet extra cannon damage.

With that said with your setup I'd probably use napalm to direct the unfriends into your outher weapons.

4. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Naplam is better once you get burnice to a good level, until then firebomb keep using firebomb if you have one ...

5. disorder

disorder Active Member

Napalmlauncher if you up burnice,
    Good for area control
    And in your shooter build. It give you a little control on the map, stay with napalm

firebomb if you up brock
    Good for fire dot

6. Crack Efron

Crack Efron Member

Napalm for sure! Fire bomb is a waste imo... also I'd scrap the mortars, end game they are totally useless.
    Sniper and big torpedo are great, use napalm for now and then when u have 5 slots add missile, railgun or any cannon or carronade for close range.
    Sniper big torpedo and napalm is a great setup to try defender btw!

7. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

Why do y'all consider napalm better?! Firebomb does continuous damage for a specific amount of time. Napalm only does damage when driven through.

8. Crack Efron

Crack Efron Member

1- Cooldown, radius and damage better.
    2 - chance of you hitting a target and especially a group with fire bomb are very slim. Napalm on the other hand is a strategic weapon: block a route, separate and isolate opponents, use for escape when chased, save team members being chased. Someone will get hit with napalm for sure and some might run into it.
    3- firebomb doesn't give strategic benefits so should be replaced with a higher damage item.
    3a- 2 slot points for firebomb is a full on waste! U can do 5 times as much dmg per game with any other weapon. Standard mortar (if not all mortars) is a waste for same reasons too. Hope this makes sense