1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Napalm + Burning Combo

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by PastelPiku, 24 Mar 2018.

?

How much bonus damage should stacking to two do? (% of burn bonus)

1. 100% (current, after bugfix)

4 vote(s)
    17.4%
  2. 125%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. 150%

11 vote(s)
    47.8%
  4. 175%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  5. 200% (before bugfix)

8 vote(s)
    34.8%
  1. PastelPiku

PastelPiku Well-Known Member

Security
    Alright, so this combo was actually a bug and we were all aware of this (I hope) but generally people seemed to think it was pretty cool. I don't want to hear complaining about its removal, I just want to leave a poll here to see what everyone thinks.

Thank you.

2. PastelPiku

Security
    Stacking the* two, typo lol

3. StormDevastator

StormDevastator New Member

Engineering student
    This is something I would want the devs to add back to the game, but maybe somewhat nerfed. That 150% damage seems like a good way of bringing it back.

PastelPiku likes this.
  4. StormDevastator

Engineering student
    But what if multiple burn items deal increasing damage? Say 2 burn items do 135% , 3 does 160%, 4 does 175% fire damage (additional to normal damage)

Wouldn't this be a great was of bringing back the napalm flare combo, but as a general burn stack it would bring in more advantages for fire users that deal damage over time

Last edited: 24 Mar 2018
    PastelPiku likes this.
  5. PastelPiku

Security
    It's a cool idea, but 2 things would have to happen:
    • 100% -> 135% -> 160% -> 175% is a pretty steep rise. I think something like this is better:
      • 100% -> 120% -> 135% -> 145% -> capping at 150% (each stack is 5% less than the last)
    • Nerf base damage boost from fire. If it was reduced by about 10%, a second burn debuff stack would already negate the nerf.
    Now, here's a more wild idea to add to this, but if the boost from napalm was dependent on the distance from the center (25% of current at the edge, 150% in the center) that'd be awesome.

6. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

I voted for 150% because it seems like a good compromise between the two. But I was not in favor of the “nerf” (bug fix) for the napalm double bonus. If you have the ability to put an enemy in napalm and on fire and then shoot them with a cannon, that should be rewarded. And they should be punished greatly for sitting in a pool of fire.

7. PastelPiku

Security
    So far 11/12 people want some kind of bonus from stacking the two. I hope the devs will graciously make a compromise.

8. Help I Cant Swim

Help I Cant Swim MVP

This is close to the hardest combo to pull off and needs to be rewarded as such. (Only harder is frost torp or mortar, but those are broken, so I don’t really count them).

TheAntiSnipe and PastelPiku like this.
  9. co-op

co-op New Member

Question is, should there be combo damage in the game?
    If so, should it be permanent? Or maybe more interesting to have it like a weekly event combo?
    Until we have this feature any accidental combos should not exist.

10. PastelPiku

Security
    True, it was left there unintentionally, the poll is to find out how many players would like to see it as a feature, not a bug. The difference is that you can balance a feature.

11. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

Sitting in napalm and being on fire already is already stacking the damage. Fire DOT still stacks so they are taking hundreds of dmg every second. They also still take bonus cannon dmg. They really don't need to provide stacking here because it allows for some of the most insane and game breaking numbers to be put out. At my level, 4-5k before the patch I was getting close to 3k non crit. If I maxed my weapons perks and crew I would be close to 3.5-4k non crit. This is ridiculous. Everything is fine as is.

12. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    I don't use napalm. Kinda like mine- you have to be stupid to run into it

13. PastelPiku

Security
    Which is what makes the bonus damage even more punishing. If you're on fire, you should especially not rush through napalm.

14. PastelPiku

Security
    I feel where you're coming from, but understand that nobody in their right mind just sits in a pool of napalm. You can easily pull more dps just by using another cannon. The only reason this combo was cool was for the extra burst damage and crowd control it left behind. I didn't even vote for 200% myself, I voted for 150%, and I'd even settle for 125%. It was a fun combo to use.

15. StormDevastator

Engineering student
    True any improvement over standard damage would be nice, I'd actually like stacked damages in the game. Say double Frost for torps/mortars would also be fun. (Deadly as well xD)

PastelPiku likes this.