1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

My Opinions about Frost Effect Fixes

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Fix-it, 21 Aug 2018.

1. Fix-it

Fix-it Active Member

Student
    Frost Effect! Yeah that's what we are gonna talk about this time...

Frost effect is supposed to slow an opponent down to make it an easier target. But with last changes on frost it lost its feature I think. You can land a huge torpedo or a berta shot to frosted target, instead someone hits with a 800 hitting cannon or 750 hitting snip and breaks the frost. This is a big chance ruined and defeats frosts purpose!
    So we are gonna fix it like this...

- Adding a damage cap -

This should be a total conclusion. Like a you got enough damage and you gotta run now, thats why someone carries a frost.

"But how do you make a damage cap? You cant balance between challenger league and nightmare league players cannon or snip?"

We gotta upgrade damage cap along with slowing effect through upgrading the item or captain skills, maybe even some perks? I don't know.

Also there is something that I want to point out too. Frost Blaster Heal Cut.

I dont think it is good against tesla bolts heal cut. They work same. They cut heal while effect is active but tesla bolt cuts all heal away and while frost blaster cuts %50 of it. We have make to stand frost blasters heal cut out of tesla bolt's heal cut to make frost blaster a reasonable item along frost launcher.
    So my solution against this is:

- Checking how frost removed in the first place -

Frost blasters heal cut should continue a bit longer when its removed by a friendly fixer. But if enemy breaks the frost, it should stop right away for fixer to heal.

"People can stack flare+frost blasters heal cut"

Thats another possible problem that I want to talk about. We should make like "If its only flare, cut the heal by %30. If its flare+frost cut it by %50 and when frost heal cut wears off, make it %30." But right now they cut by 2/3 of heal together(I gathered some people and tried it in custom).

Anyways, thanks for reading to this long and have a good day. Post down your opinion below!

Last edited: 21 Aug 2018
    Ultrah likes this.
  2. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Yeah frost sucks, and has been sucking for a long time. Unfortunately, whoever is responsible for balancing at Rovio, seems incapable of admitting when they’ve made a mistake, so we’re probably stuck with it for the foreseeable future.

3. Fix-it

Fix-it Active Member

Student
    sorry, I accidently hit post button while typing. But hey, there is more to read now and its finished!