1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

My Best Battle Ever!!!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by KINGIVANOV, 30 Jun 2018.

1. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    24A59B8B-676D-4C24-9497-6CC5234C404F.png C8EC4D3E-CE90-4068-8903-58CD143FFCDA.png So yeah... over the past few days, I have been custom battling @TheAntiSnipe to better learn how to use speeder and am willing to say, it has definitely payed off.

Even though I didn’t win, this is my best battle because of these reasons:
    1.I singlehandedly(almost) made it a draw.
    2. If we had 10 more seconds on the clock, I would have won.
    3. New records (personal records) for burn damage and damage in general.
    4. Hey... 13k damage is kinda nice.

If anyone can help me figure out how to put the link for the battle in here, that would be awesome. @TheAntiSnipe , I shared the replay with 50 Caliber Squad, could you upload it?

Anybody have any tips for making my skills even better?

2. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Nice battle :D Might wanna get some fire damage perks for that blast. Also, I personally feel that health is more important than bandage at mk 5.

3. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

If you tap on the battle code at the top right of the results screen it will create a link and copy it to your clipboard.
    Then you can paste it wherever you like:)

4. KINGIVANOV

Teenager
    No no no no no, I will never take off my bandage. And I have been looking for fire damage perks, but they never show up in the shop.

Last edited: 30 Jun 2018
    ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  5. KINGIVANOV

Teenager
    Thanks, https://replay.battlebay.net/YPVKZRYY#VVYFKMRQ
    That’s the link

6. ShipCrusherCz

ShipCrusherCz Well-Known Member

it would do better if you leveled up your nitros:)

7. KINGIVANOV

Teenager
    Do you have any tips regarding my play style?

8. KINGIVANOV

Teenager
    What do you say @TheAntiSnipe

9. Nimzor

Nimzor Member

I watched your replay. Seems like you got a good grasp. You took a risky initial approach cutting across the middle of the map at the beginning of game though. At higher infamies you would have definitely taken a few hits for doing that. Also battling the final guy when you ran into the wall and you went opposite directions giving them a lot of distance. Once again at higher infamies you would have got nailed there too. You also over killed 2 of your opponents by laying down an extra flare shot when the current ones on both of them would have finished them off. That would have added up to extra shots on the final guy by the end of the game, so you probably would have won the match.

Side not though. I didn't realize there were so many MK5s at that low of an infamy. Looking at the gear of some of those players, some of them easily have powerful enough stuff to get to 2000 infamy and beyond.

TheAntiSnipe and StrictSalmon307 like this.
  10. KINGIVANOV

Teenager
    Yeah, it’s all the high level ships that are keeping me down in infamy, it seems like I have the skills, I usually do around 5000 damage and have like 2 kills a game, thanks for your tips btw.

11. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Good work! That was done really good duelling, and I'm sure you would have won easily if you had a little better gear.

Now for my LECTURE FROM HELL (lol jk):
    1. Your starting scout move took you from the right of the map to the left. Experienced speeders on this map will tell you that this exposes you to A LOT of gunfire. It's okay right now, but once you cross 1.3k or so and get a big shield, mistakes like that are capable of getting you killed. I remember a battle where I did exactly what you did there, and guess what? Got shot by an RG on the right, panicked, moved to center, got hit by an swift torp, and boosted again to the left, and BOOM sniper crit. Dead in 25 seconds. Lol. What you should do is make sure that whatever scouting route you take ON ANY MAP keeps you very close to cover. Helps a lot.
    2. Next. Your duelling movement. Beautiful. It was a treat to watch. I have a few of my old tutorial videos for you to take a look at, I want you to tell me what you learned next time we meet in the custom (homework LMAO)
    1. A draw, these things are normally not shared, so I decided to share how to handle draws. Wish I had it in first person though. There are a lot of "vision" plays you should understand, but I guess I'll be telling you later anyway;)

2. A look at how I used to play binitro speeder. You might learn something that will help you in this little reel I have for you. No lessons in particular, just tell me if you learned anything.

3. Okay, just one more. I hope you don't have to face this situation, mate, but this one deals with handling multiple speeders. IF you ever need tips on that, contact me in a conversation.

3. Finally, you have to learn one more aspect of duelling. With me as your opponent when we spar, you don't have to think much about weapons. But when you duel shooters, you must think about their loadouts. Saves you a LOT of wasted nitros. I see you didn't see the tritorp coming. Either that, or you didn't know you would have been in the deadzone of that torpspam in a second of travel time. Nitro was unnecessary there.

No matter, you'll learn these things as you progress. For now, you need to focus more on gear than tactics. Get your weapons to T4 rare, get perks, get a big shield, upgrade and train for your nitros. I'll set your priorities tho:

Crew training: Bhurt>Swift>Brock

Simultaneously, when you have the materials, gear priorities:
    Blast>flare>Big shield>nitro>OB>turbo

You have a pretty good speed right now, you'll do just fine with it.

Good luck!

12. KINGIVANOV

Teenager
    Thanks... but I gotta go to sleep now, it’s 10:43 pm on the east coast of the USA

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

8:34 AM here lol I just started my Sunday