1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mortars Nerf; Rant

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by bhar47, 1 Jul 2017.

1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Nerfing base damage for snipe and calling it a nerf is like, "We brought down base crit chance on blast cannon. Nerfed!" Lol

tonberryking98 likes this.
  2. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

That is an old ass comment...If you forgot to read date

3. TheFixer27

TheFixer27 Well-Known Member

A boat
    napalm damage reduced by1% HA!! TAKE THAT NERF!! XD

4. TheAntiSnipe

I know. Necroed threads are equally fair game for some old ass trolling:p;)

5. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

Not fair lol,Back in the time where berta was the best weapon and Mortars were OP:D

Missile carronade and railgun sucked

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

Mortars dont need a nerf. If anything mortars need a buff.
    I know those writing here are from the 1.5k to 3k range. And mortar spam is agressive in this range.
    I had to come up thru the ranks to get to 4k nitemare league. And truth be told i ran a 3 to 4 mortar setup multiple times on shooter. But here is why i said mortars need a buff.
    Mortars are almost completely worthless when fighting a 4k, 5k, or 6k player. I remember the first time with my mortar heavy setup i played a nitemare league player. They used the map to get away from my reign of mortars. And then before i knew it. They were right up on my boat blowing my boat to smithereens with cannons and i couldnt fire bacj because they were closer than my boat wanted to fight.
    They used tactics to beat me. Badly. This happened multiple times to the point. I scrapped all my mortars except for one. And developed all my cannons from then on.
    Suggestion to those reading this now living the mortar life. Develop weapon that can hurt a boat with real damage every time. Not so mortar dependant. Because if u dont. Eventually u will fight better ships. And they are faster and stronger than u. With the exception of 4 nitemare players. Or those doing quests. Less than 1 percent of nitemare league consistently uses mortars. Tells u something. End game. Mortars need a buff. They should be faster. And have larger area damage if they are meant for nitemare league.
    See my point is tactically people who have advanced to nitemare league have made adjustments to mortars ans dont face issues related by og poster. Adapt. Improve. And get good at this game called battle bay. Heres a good hint. More than 3 of any weapon. Is imho a mistake for any shooter.

7. TheAntiSnipe

Railgun never sucked. I daresay if I wasn't a speeder, I would be a support and sniper shooter, with two snipes, a napalm, a railgun and a LRM. My only problem is that I'm a very vunerable sniper, and usually need a brawler to back up all that artillery.

8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Well since we’re continuing this discussion...

I think what I’d like to see is a ‘Battle Bay 2’, where the ship classes are completely different, and no ship has more than 3 weapons. That would make any kind of spamming (mortars/torps) much more difficult.

I think that would make the battles better and more stratigic, as people would be forced to care about their shots and aim, rather than spam hoping to hit something through pure saturation.

9. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I don't know what this is all about. I didn't even read a single line. But I want you to know that....

I'll rek you 1v1. :cool::cool:

10. TheAntiSnipe

Somebody wants Cheeky backo_O

EyeOfDoom likes this.
  11. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

It's on @CheekyDevilGod . We're gonna 1v1 in the middle of dropdead gorge tomorrow. Get ready!!

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  12. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    Say what!! I love my sniper on mk4

13. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

actually buff mortars a lot: then i can laugh at 99 percent of other speeders as they did not have a mortar on their speeder

14. GoreSnorkle

GoreSnorkle Active Member

Read your orders you mean?

I realize you are offering advice only but by the same token you gotta let people find their own way. If we all simply followed the pack then creative players like the duct tape fixers (which is awesome btw) would never come about

15. TheAntiSnipe

Cut him some slack... The poor dude quit the game. I kinda

Miss

Him.