1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mk6 fixers

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Lonewolf3459, 20 Apr 2018.

Tags:
  1. Lonewolf3459

Lonewolf3459 New Member

Student
    What's wrong with mk6 fixers... Why they after getting an extra red spot starts playing like shooters.. They can't deal damage like mk6 shooters... But still after getting mk6 fixers they stop healing which is their meant to b superpower...
    They instead of having team's back goes on front line and gets sunk....

2. Rokstrmahesh

Rokstrmahesh Active Member

Teach that to your team mates, If they had only one gun, it's the only ship going to be wrecked soon after match start.
    2 red slot helps defending from enemies. Too dumb to understand it.

3. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I'm not saying this wasn't always done, but it can also be a side effect of the weapon achievements. I'm trying harder to land shots in between my heals than ever before, because I need to do a relevant amount of damage day by day if I want to get those epics from 1 mil damage achievements.

4. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

We had to wait 40 levels to get a second gun - let us shoot it a little! ;)

But seriously. Mk5 to Mk6 is a long, long upgrade wait, and you get in a groove there of "one gun, three healing items" - adding that second weapon throws players off more than they'll admit. Optimally a Mk6 Fixer should pick long-cooldown weapons (Railgun thread, anyone?) so that they can continue to focus on scoring Repair Bolt hits, and only worrying about their weapons once every 15 seconds or so.

5. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

if a fraction of healing was to count towards damage guild quests you would also remove some issues to. I can spend 4 mins fighting and only do 1k of damage to a guild quest. Mk6 you feel like you can finally start helping towards guild quests.

6. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

What’s wrong with MK anything shooters/speeders/enforcers/defenders? Why don’t they realize I’m here to HEAL YOU! If you can’t be bothered to stick close by (we don’t need to be attached at the hip) then I might as well try to feel useful and attack the other team.

2A961C96-BD36-46C2-8360-FE1540332D3B.gif

Sincerely,

All Fixers

7. SAME DIFF3R3NC3

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 Well-Known Member

06412D79-F851-4336-BC89-096EF40623BB.jpeg

So true. I’ll admit a 1-1 ratio was a little overpowered, but to eliminate it all together was just crippling. Maybe a 2-1 or 3-1 ratio would balance things out.

And don’t tell me to change my ship, if the other boats don’t need to change in order to contribute why should I?

8. Crashedup

Crashedup Well-Known Member

Na mk6/7 fixers have been doing it for months (both ace and NM players ).
    PS: it's almost funny to see a fixer nitro away face first into enemy team and then slowly trying to back away.

9. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Most mk6 Fixers in Nightmare focus on healing - Blame yourself if you are stuck at lowbie rank and have to deal with how other lowbie players play ;)
    ---
    But yeah, guildquests (and achievements) havnt done much good for quality of matches. Removal of healing counting towards quests was brutal, but you find players of all classes playing with a higher focus on damage than on securing wins.

Regards the low level grenade + double tape achievement farming Fixer ;)

10. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    What fixers should really use is flares.

11. ForgetIt

ForgetIt Member

Very true. In a lot of battles, the other ships won't stick around in a reachable area, and won't defend the fixer when it's being attacked.

SAME DIFF3R3NC3 likes this.
  12. ForgetIt

ForgetIt Member

Having a long-cooldown, high damage weapon make sense. However, it would also need a short-cooldown weapon for self defense. Not many people would help them when they're being attacked, especially from those speeder that comes from behind.

13. ForgetIt

ForgetIt Member

Yes, when I play fixer, I focus on healing most of the time, except when I am teamed with non-cooperating teammates battle after battle, then I switch one slot to a duct tape and do more attack.
    On a side note, if the ship and gun is not facing the same direction, it is difficult to switch target when switch between repair bolt and attack weapon, because it does not lock to the one nearest to the gun. If being attacked by speeder and at the same time teammates keep taking a lot of damage, it's not easy to heal and self-defence at the same time.