1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mk6 fixers don't fix...

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Joey who, 21 Oct 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Miku Da Yo 39

Miku Da Yo 39 Well-Known Member

That's too bad, just like how many people in nightmare have to live with tier 5 rares, you gotta suck it up with this unfortunate truth, better luck on the bay!

2. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

I guess I have too much faith or trust in fixers lol. Good news is no mk6 fixers have been on my team since I made this post :D

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Fixer evolves to either being a defender or speeder or shooter once its start using duct tapes or it reach mk6 (with duct tapes).

Fixing others is tiring, hence I believe thats is why at MK6 "we" prefer to do battle with the capabilities to heal.

Its more fun and pleasurable.

"we" = the duct tapes enthusiasts club

Aswin and Ovidmikel like this.
  4. Joey who

Yes, but being a fixer that doesn't fix changes the teammates' playstyle, and when those players who changed their playstyle don't get fixed it doesn't end well.

5. BasedCarpen

BasedCarpen Well-Known Member

I'm currently working on my all duct tape and jingle bells mk5 fixer for the holidays.

Ovidmikel and The Otherguy like this.
  6. "har"Smash until the end

"har"Smash until the end Well-Known Member

Fixers will not survive monsters(and banderas XD) without 2 weapons on mk6
    4 green slot for fixers are too op,although I'm temp. fixer,I think 4 green slot for fixers will end up them being overpowered

Dabombbab3 likes this.
  7. Earel

Earel Active Member

Fixer can’t effectively fix himself... why?
    *duck tape get rekt by flayer gun - 30% reduce healing
    *healing get rekt by Tesla bolt = stop healing at all
    *on mk6 u got the least hp and armor
    * u are got only 2 weapon slot so any another type of ship deal damage better
    Self healing fixer it’s fun but don’t productively specially on 3300 + rate

8. Dabombbab3

Dabombbab3 New Member

I'm a mk5 fixer. They kill me first right away with the whole team taking shots at me. Its pointless to try and do anything. Something is not right or balanced right. I'm thinking mk6 is way worse in trying to heal or stay alive!

9. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Hmmm, so should the top 2 fixers, who currently use duct tape, stop doing that? They're definitely doing something right haha. (Currently Weeze = #1 and Waveblower #2)

Fixers shouldn't "only fix" as that takes away a lot from their potential. They should focus on fixing, but ultimately there are times when firing at enemies is their best option. Just my opinion, but I'd like to avoid having a severe lack of firepower, especially at times when there are 2+ fixers on a team, otherwise the other team can overrun us easily.
    A prime example: (ignore my infamy I had a bad few days ok xD) IMG_0851.PNG

The Otherguy likes this.
  10. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Fixers are fine. The fact that some people play it badly / wrong is no reason to change the ship. If they really play it badly, they'll sink in infamy accordingly.

Besides, 6GGGG would be so OP. Imagine double pulse / box / bolt, or pulse / box / double bolt, or even triple pulse? It would be crazy.

The Otherguy, Spinners71 and Ian like this.
  11. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    You mean "I'm currently working on my all duct tape and epic horn + epic jingle bells mk5 fixer for the holidays." right?

12. Earel

Earel Active Member

It’s a game splash dot vs splash hot that’s all. 2 pulse + tape it’s a not but ... but u ignore 1/4 skill tree of fixer... and can’t remove any stun or freezze... it’s all about if ur teammates get focused it’s him problem)))

13. Jared

Jared Member

Not sure how waveblower ranks as top 2 fixer in game.. hahah just throwing that out there to the above post. But i also think this post is kind of riduclous. As an mk6 fixer who bounces around 5k constantly, i do see the odd game where either I or another fixer comes top dmg/ kills. However almost always they have atleast equal heal amounts.

Somtimes a fixers team just doesnt have enough firepower and a strong fixer who knows when to heal or when to ignore a low infamy mk5 player who went solo and take advantage for a kill or two instead can win you the game many times over. Plus, why heal a couple low lvl players who stray off and deal 3-6k dmg in nightmare match when i can do over there damage put together. You wanna stay with team, sure ill heal you, but dont expect me to sacrifice possible kills to run half across the map to heal a suicider.

I think youve honestly just had some bad luck with some fixers going for quests most likely or dual tape/ even triple tape fixers.
    2 weapons are a neccesity at high infamy to stay alive and help team. Although its true after mk6 the most common set up is either P/P/BX — or P/P/T. Rare to see P/P/BLT as you just cant stay alive with only pulses healing you at high infamies when people throwing out 2-4k dmg regular hits on cannons with fire etc.

Apart from all of that you do realize people are free to play the game using whatever ships however they feel like it. Doesnt call for rovio to change loadouts to force ppl to play differently.

Ovidmikel, Miathan and Sewah like this.
  14. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Yeah haha sorry, I didn't mean that they are def top 2, they were just the top 2 ranked at the time I checked the rankings. Just used them as examples to show fixer can be played just as effectively with duct tape

Miathan and Sewah like this.
  15. Joey who

Idk what god-like mk6 fixers you guys get.. but this is what I get...
    Screenshot_2017-10-22-22-08-13.png Screenshot_2017-10-22-22-08-47.png

The Otherguy likes this.
  16. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

If folkswould play Luke they ha sense it fixers wouldn't need 2 guns but using your words. Sadly that's not the case idiots go off Rambo get slammed spamming help help and fixers be lie no help for stupid and want to pull your hair it cause our left alone with 1 gun at mk5 god bless the day I get mk6 and another gun

17. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

I think this pretty much nails the thread & how to be succesful at the game in general. Adapting to what your teammates are doing & finding a way to function as a team is the #1 challenge to master in Battle Bay. I'm sure you are teamed up with horrible fixers on occasion (but they are also playing at 3k infamy in a mk6 boat for a reason), but rather than concluding that them being horrible is why games are lost, then focus on what you can impact (your own actions). You can't will all games (and some are hopeless), but you learn nothing when you decide to put the blame on x-thing you have zero impact over.
    ---
    At Mk6 Fixers finally become interesting, and judging when to heal vs shoot becomes a crucial skill to acquire. Sometimes landing a shot is better than healing a mk5 boat (no offense meant). I can't recall playing with you, so I don't know your style, but I will comment that some players are alot easier to heal than others - If I am paired down into a mk5 game, then I am not going to join a suicidal shooter/defender going solo for instance, most likely I will be near the highest infamy shooter/def/enforcer, then the lower ranked players can decide for themselves if they want to be in healing range or not.
    [again, whether the last part has useful advice for you or not, I do not know - Its not intended as an insult].

Ovidmikel, Dabombbab3 and Miathan like this.
  18. Aswin

Aswin Active Member

Yup, Support.
    I'm new in this club ;)
    Screenshot_Battle_Bay_20180507-150935.png

19. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Please not another necro. Important threads with good ideas and discussion will go down with these.
    @TheAntiSnipe, lock?

Miathan likes this.
  20. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.