1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mk4 & Mk5 shooter build help needed

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Aswin, 10 Mar 2018.

1. Aswin

Aswin Active Member

Just came back to Bay after few months , I used to play Speeder , now I would like to play shooter for a change , now I'm MK4 and I will be MK5 in few days , so suggest me some good build , my setup is given Bellow, suggest me it's to use that I have and that I don't have :) Screenshot_Battle_Bay_20180310-144707.png

2. ElMataC

ElMataC Member

At mk5 you can equip 1 more 1-slot weapon, and by looking at your inventory it seems you could add either another blast cannon, sniper or mine.
    Before giving any suggestion, keep in mind that the most important thing is that YOU feel comfortable with your setup :)

I'm a mk5 shooter myself, and by reaching this shooter "stage" you get to equip the largest amount of weapon possible in the entire game, and the important thing here is that this is the only advantage you have over other ships, so this is the peculiarity you have to exploit to win.
    My opinion is that you can do it in 3 ways:

1) Full-specific combat: you choose 1 style of combat (medium/close range, long range) and choose all your equipment with the intent of being the best in that kind of fight; this likely involves the use of weapon duplicates.

2) Mixed combat: to be more versatile, you equip a certain kind of weapons, the strongest ones, to be effective in both long and short range (i.e: 2 ExCannon + 2 Snipers + Long Range Mortar)

3) Situational versatile combat: this is the one I use, kind of, and involves an equipment that allows you to be useful in any type of combat and bring some utility to the team too, this means you're likely to lose in a full-on 1v1 against one of the above "styles"; you use each slot for a different weapon, making sure you're covering almost all combat situations so that you can always have something to fire.

I personally don't like to use both Sniper and BlastCannon together since the Bhurt training can only power up one of them at a time, but again that's you choice.
    In your case you can have, for each combat style, something like this:

1.1) Close combat: 2 Blast Cannons + 1 ExCannon + 1 Big Torpedo + 1 Mine (throwing a mine inside the fray can win you battles, plus it has a huge control potential in other situations)
    1.2) Ranged combat: 2 Snipers + 1 Long Range Mortar + 1 Big Torpedo + 1 Mine/ExCannon (ExCannon gives you better usage of weapon slots but "conflicts" with the long range philosophy, while mine allows you to ensure enemies cannot get close to you thus allowing you to maintain your long range advantage)

2) As I already written in the example: 2 ExCannon + 2Snipers + 1 Long Range Mortar/Mine

3) This could be worked out with something like: 1 ExCannon + 1 Sniper + 1 Big Torpedo + 1 Long Range Mortar + 1 Mine

Raunak and Aswin like this.