1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

MK4 Fixer Setup

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Ultrah, 5 Jul 2017.

1. Syla5

Syla5 Active Member

Surprised no one has mentioned the turbo+bandage combo. With the nerf to pulse healing a bandage is a solid gap filler. While it doesn't do as good of a job as a pre-nerf pulse, it really does help. Also feelix boosts bandage as well :)

2. Craigjnoble

Craigjnoble Well-Known Member

At the end of the day it all boils down to what the RNG gives you, infamy should average out at some level and you might have to reevaluate your choices to push on higher. But there is nothing to stop you using anything you can fit on your boat. At the moment I seem to be up against a lot of torps and mortars and seem to be doing better with a rudder and turbo than a shield. When your fairly new to the game the RNG pretty much determines what your using until you start getting more duplicates and can pick and choose. It's like the overboost v nitro, I run overboost as it's now tier 3 and if I stuck with nitro it would still be tier 1.

3. Totoro

Totoro Active Member

Tree Spirit
    Another endorsement for shield here as an mk4. I use boxes all the time for self heal, and pulse contributes too. I regularly play mk5s and mk6s and it is quite necessary to stay relevant for me at least.

4. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

I don't play fixer and I don't think I ever will

But as a shooter/defender/speeder

I can ensure you that dual turbos is the worst build for a fixer

People play fixers to fix other ships

At the speed, at mk4 levels, you are gonna be running at a speed only speeders can keep up

You'll be charging in the front and the tanks and shooters can neither protect you from fire nor stick close to you to get healed easily

If you are running a dual turbo, you are making it tougher for yourself to heal better and others to get fixed and making yourself an easy target by going in front of the other ships and nobody can help you

No matter how fast you run, you can't dodge them all and eventually you'll get nuked

No matter how high hp you have

If you have no speed, you'll be a sitting duck

So get both, but don't overdo it, get enough of both as much as you NEED but NOT more

Get a rare shield, level it up to 10 and use that instead of the weaker turbo

OR, you can get a rare bandage and level that up to 10 as well

In the long run, it may give you more returns than the shield

Also, for the yellow slots, get nitro instead of overboost, you need speed bursts ONLY to dodge and get you to safety

Overboost gives you longer spells and most fixers end up going too far away from the rest of the team or they use their overboost early and charge in front.

Rudder in my opinion is an item for speeder and maybe defender

Gear lube for shooter and enforcer

Fixers don't need either so I wouldn't focus on them of I were you

Ultrah likes this.
  5. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

Turbo + small shield. Side note I'm jealous at all those dupe fixer items...I can't seem to get any.

6. Ashley Whalley

Ashley Whalley New Member

Defence perk has less effect the higher up in the league you go

aKifer likes this.