1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mk3 Shooter setup

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Hjain, 14 Jun 2017.

1. Hjain

Hjain New Member

I would like to know a good setup for mk3 shooter. Captain level 16 and infamy only 350. Thank you.

2. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

I currently use this set-up. Resting at approx ~850 infamy right now and still climbing (57% winrate)
    As you can see by the second screenshot, you can deal some devastating damage even at such a low rank. Screenshot_20170613-131838.png Screenshot_20170613-131314.png

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I use dual sniper cannons(mk1 rare and mk2 uncommon maxed out with crit chance perks) plus a big torpedo lv13mk2

4. TheAntiSnipe

At 350, you need to be capable of multiple roles. I suggest a mortar, a sniper cannon and a torp, preferably high levels of uncommon

5. hotheadgamerxD

hotheadgamerxD Member

Why new player always got rare or epic item in early level and got lot of it too! P.S. im not good at English.

6. TheAntiSnipe

Luck lol. Even I have only one epic(turbo) About to reach the one thousand mark for battles

7. David Bonaparte

David Bonaparte Active Member

At 350 infamy, I would suggest double snipers and a cannon, as a simpler setup. You can substitute out the cannon or a sniper for a torpedo variant if you are good at aiming. Generally speaking, the early maps are mortar friendly, and opponents often hold still, so its kind of up to you.

You will have to keep an eye out though, different infamy ranks tend to have different "metas", or weapon loadouts that are common. In the lower infamy ranks, I used to see a smattering of everything (people are working out their favorite weapons?), but a larger amount of cannons. Outranging them is important.

Honestly though, its more important to figure out what weapons you do best with, and make sure your positioning works the best for them. I personally really, really hate mortars, and find that opponents tend to scatter, making my mortars less worthwhile. Torpedoes on the other hand, I like a lot more. Other people are clearly different, so the optimal loadout for me won't necessarily work for them.

In low elo, cannons do ok on shooters, but as you move up, you will find it necessary to move to longer ranged attacks, just because teams can and will blast you into oblivion before you get a shot in. Heck, this can happen to people with sniper cannons, so.... yeah.

8. TheAntiSnipe

Yeah, ikr. Being double critted by dual snipes feels like getting hit by a rampaging beast. Hurts, and doesnt heal easy. My faves.

9. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

Well here is mine.The sniper crits for almost 500 damage and I have 12.5% crit chance.Ive done up to 10k damage with this setup. Screenshot_20170614-123908.png

10. TheAntiSnipe

I want a mk2 rare soooooo bad!

11. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

Well I was looking for a duplicate rare sniper for almost a month lol.I got it just today from a green chest for completing 8 quests.I was extremely happy.I also lucked out by getting another rare mortar so I will evolve it to T3 once I unlock T3 evolution on Mortimer!!! 1 day 3 hours left.And I wish you luck on finding the duplicates you need :)

12. TheAntiSnipe

I got really lucky. Decided I wanted to play speeder, then noticed that I had 15 stars. Went ahead and opened a star crate. EPIC TURBO!

13. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

Nice.2 weeks ago the same happened to me but as you can see from my inventory I got a lame epic carronade =,=

14. TheAntiSnipe

Get up close and blst 'em in the face while boosting past them! Best way to use a carronade

15. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

Yea I'm thinking of trying it on my speeder ;)

16. TheAntiSnipe

Do you main speeder?

17. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

Shooter main.I play speeder when I feel bored playing shooter.Im not bad on it but not as good as Iam on my shooter.One of my friends in Ace league told me to focus on upgrading 2 ships so I chose shooter and speeder.

18. TheAntiSnipe

I chose speeder and defender. PinĂ£ta and Gazelle. Works like a charm;-)

GhostYasuo likes this.
  19. TheAntiSnipe

Ghost, what is your infamy? If you are in the late 900s, lets fleet up later.

20. GhostYasuo

GhostYasuo Active Member

Current infamy 1317,season infamy 1532.