1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

MK1 against MK4 ships: trouble with matchmaking?

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Axios, 15 Feb 2018.

1. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

I was already thinking to give up with this thread but I have to comment once more. I never said it isn't competitive at the 1,5k range. So when you say there are mk6s with t5 epics at 1500 infamy, yes you are correct for sure, I never questioned that. But clearly there must be some reason why those people are at 1500 when their gear would easily be enough to climb up to 4k. Not everyone of them are tanking either so there is only one logical answer; they can't fully utilize the potential of their gear. In other words, they must be playing worse than they potentially could and that's what separates them from the nightmare league mk6s. Meanwhile if you are a mk5 with rare items within the same 1500 infamy range, you sure have disadvantage - but only on paper. That's because the epic mk6 ships aren't playing as well as you or as well as those 3000+ infamy mk6s.

In fact, if you are able to stay in that same infamy range in the long term, that alone proves that you aren't losing more than winning you don't really have any disadvantage other than in your head. Of course sometimes you get your butt kicked by their op weapons but most of the time they are actually missing their shots or playing poorly in some other way. If they played well, they would be higher and not match with you in the first place.

2. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    it also depends on skill, u see mk5s who somehow reach nightmare with rares, they would be skilled. Alsoremember its not on how much firepower u have- it depends on how u use it though. I have a legendary weapon so I have more firepower, but as I cant use it as well as I should, I am still stuck at 1500 infamy. I have friends who started with me and were at my infamy for months until they just managed to get to 2.5k infamy with weapons that are weaker than mine.

Also this is because there are more and more mk5s as 1000-1500, causing people to have tier 4 weapons. Most people in 2000-2500 are also mk5s, who dont have tier 5s so all the weapons are the smae, the only problem is that tier 4 weapons are becoming essential in very low infamies. In a few months, even people at 500 infamy would need tier 4 rares.

3. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

4. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Nobody is denying that tanking exists. I'm certainly not denying it. I do it. I wouldn't be too surprised if I could get up to 2k infamy in my M4 speeder. I pull the rip cord at about 1450 since I don't want to cross into the next division.

I think you're problem is that you're not zooming out far enough. Why do I tank? I do it because people higher than me do it. They probably do it for similar reasons until you get to the tippy top. OK, so then why does anyone tank? That's simple enough. You are rewarded strongly in this game for playing as far below your actual potential as you can manage within the 800 point seal clubbing window. If you never let your infamy get very high (like me), then that window is 1500-700. Tomorrow I'll hit level 30 then I could be a M5 at 700 infamy... forever. As near as I can tell, the min/max strategy for this game is to keep my infamy at those levels to maximize all my growth and then, when I am ready, make the next jump up which will need to be suitable for solid 3k fighting.

What I'm trying to say here is that there is a systemic problem. It isn't "this guy" or "that guy". The entire system is corrupted because the incentives work against the design goals. They want you to progress and design the game based on that assumption. But they reward you for not progressing.

5. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    I never said he couldnt, I said its unlikely. Me myself have mostly bad items with a mk4 and reached 1900 and would soon try to get past 2000. Its just being mk5 before ur ready can be hard and sometimes in order to get better match-making its better to stay as a mk4. But I am experienced as I have done many other ships and would be much better if I focused on fixer from the start. His blue items are way better and those epics are better than tier 3 uncommons so yes. I use too turbos as one is not strong byitself, but for him it is no problem. He could move up infamy but it takes skill and frankly my carronade is the only thing holding me up. 850 damage every 5.6 seconds.

Attached Files:

Last edited: 19 Feb 2018
  6. Da Carronade King

Seducer
    Dont make the jump until ur ready, it took me 1.5 months before i reached 1.6k infamy after upgrading to mk5 speeder. I still havent got hold of it so I swapped to fixer mk4 and I ma aiming to get to ace before I get mk5.