1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mk. 5 Defender loadout

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by SunlightDuck, 16 Jul 2017.

1. SunlightDuck

SunlightDuck Active Member

Krusty Krab Keeper
    I'm still a mark 4 defender, but I wanna start preparing for mark 5 not too far away. I'm using explosive cannon and blast cannon. I was thinking of adding either a napalm or fire bomb. Napalm is good for disturbing non-friends and singling out targets, while fire bomb is better for overall damage. Any advice?

2. NAN0NAT3R

NAN0NAT3R Member

When I reach mk.5 I'm going with double blast cannon with fire perks and flare. I personally like napalm better because you can in a way control where the I'm friends go which is nice, but the fire bomb will get you more damage in.

3. SunlightDuck

Krusty Krab Keeper
    I like napalm more but you don't get much damage in. It's a pure support weapon, so I don't know if I'm supposed to do part damage dealer part support, or if I'm supposed to choose one. But yeah I like napalm better too overall, so I guess I'll start upgrading napalm. Thanks for your input!

4. NAN0NAT3R

NAN0NAT3R Member

Your welcome!! Hope to see you in the bay one of these days.

5. SunlightDuck

Krusty Krab Keeper
    Lol yeah. Defenders are pretty rare now a days XD

6. NAN0NAT3R

NAN0NAT3R Member

Worst ship in the game until you hit mk.5 in my opinion. Still fun to play with the massive health.

The Otherguy likes this.
  7. SunlightDuck

Krusty Krab Keeper
    until you hit mark 5? Nah still the worst ship compared to other mark 5. Defender will never be on top... except for mark 1. It's so op in early game cause it's an uberbuffed shooter lol. Same loadout, much more health

8. NAN0NAT3R

NAN0NAT3R Member

What I meant is that having that third gun is a game changer. Way better than the mk.4 defender, not saying it's the best mk.5 just way better than mk.4.

9. Cool Penguin

Cool Penguin Member

I'm currently using regular cannon and blast cannon on my mk4. Considering adding either a torpedo (I've epic versions of them all) or railgun but I'd also like to try the explosive cannon when I reach mk5. Which will take quite some time, cause suddenly I seem to constantly be short of sugar and therefore have trouble training my crew. o_O

The Otherguy likes this.
  10. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Best combo for defender is dual cannon or a cannon and a sniper imo.

A defender's role is to not do dmg but attract aggro from unfriends, protect friends and tank. Blast and explosive cannons do a lot of dmg but cannons have better dps and much lower cooldown.

You can't attract aggro by hitting players with a couple of shots no matter how powerful, you aren't a speeder, you have 3k+ hp. You need to annoy the hell out of them and make them shoot you first and hitting them again and again within a short duration sometimes helps

I'd strongly recommend you pick dual cannons. Because of the lame range on standard cannons, when you play defender, you will subconsciously force yourself to move forward and lead the attack thereby helping you fullfil your role. This would result in lesser dmg but if it's dmg that you want I strongly recommend you use shooter instead

11. disorder

disorder Active Member

Napalm for me, it will give you a control power (prevent ennemy coming in area )
    Can prevent a speeder attack from back.
    Not a standard def build, but i like the idea, if each boat take a "support" weapon it will totally change the game (and aiming with napalm show you torpedo coming, really useful for a slow ship)

12. Cool Penguin

Cool Penguin Member

Umm. At least my current infamy levels (around 1300-1500) are so filled with camping mortar-spamming shooters that you better be able to deal some serious, preferably mid-range, damage as a defender too, if you ever want to get any enemies destroyed. I'm way too often the top or second damage dealer in my team and it sure isn't because of OP weapons or even my skills, which are rather moderate.

13. CheekyDevilGod

I play speeder, defemder and shooter, I can say with a little certainty that the Ability of defenders to do most dmg comes from staying alive the longest, NOT having the weapons that do more dmg.

If what I say is indeed correct and in order to do the most dmg, you need to utilize every second you are alive and using the weapons with the most dmg per second seems like the best way to do so to me

Standard cannons have the highest dmg per second I believe. Most defenders use long range weapons and attack from behind only cause they are too slow and can't get in front of their allies, end up getting left behind and can't move or steer their ship away from danger if they are focused.

Defenders have the most blue slots for a reason and this is where it's good to focus

A single level 20 rare turbo, rudder and big shield is all you need to make up for it. As for mortars, the best way to deal with those is to float straight up to their face, hard to do eith a defender but possible.

Especially easy with campers

14. Cool Penguin

Cool Penguin Member

I do agree with everything you said here, but I wouldn't pick double cannons as I feel the cooldown is short enough for one to be effectively paired with a higjer dsmsge (per hit) weapon. In other words, with my reg cannon + blast cannon combo I can also be dealing damage pretty much all the time minus the genersl cooldown.

But enough of this offtopic as this was supposed to be mainly about the mk5 defender - I just got a little carried away here, talking bout my favourites little blue boat. :cool:

15. disorder

disorder Active Member

in fact the topic was "napalmlauncher" or "firebomb"....

16. CheekyDevilGod

Hence I mentioned sniper, has great range, can crit amd does crazy crit dmg and also amazing projectile speed.

Cannon and sniper make the perfect combo, for both defender and speeder (Only if carronade perks were not trained for)

We are pretty much on topic I believe, both fire bomb and napalm launcher sounds like a bad weapon for a defender to me, then again that's just my opinion

Cool Penguin likes this.
  17. CheekyDevilGod

If you won't pick anything aside from fire bomb and napalm, I say get fire bomb

Not much crowd control but you'd still be supporting your team cause everybody uses burn perks on their cannons.

If you want to support your team but do it by crowd controlling, go napalm, both works well

18. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

you can't go wrong with dual cannon on defender, i called it the most op loadout made defender a god among all ships under mk5. and according to the dps, i don't think defender really depending on 3rd slot.

19. CheekyDevilGod

Dual cannon only works with defenders who actually go up front and defend.

Most defenders sit at the back and deal dmg with long range weapons.

I myself do the same as a defender simply cause I can't get in front of my team or get in range of my enemies cause they are too fast.

20. ryanllts

ryanllts Active Member

agree, so i got 2 turbos. also i stay with team and let those morons die, u know those 1 vs 5 morons right, haha