1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mines are overpowered.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by D3X, 3 Aug 2017.

1. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Says the guy in Master league (or is it warrior?) ...
    Was that really necessary? So You're saying I'm the problem? That's fine, you can keep poking away and denying that you're taking it personal. You can take your little MK4 whatever that is, and when I will gladly throw mines at you when I get my Enforce MK6.

I've died to more of everything and anything because I simply played a lot more games than you. ;)

2. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

I don't have any issues from all of this, seems like a you problem so yes. Okay, I'll enjoy not being killed by mines cause clearly they don't exist and do the exact same thing around my infamy and only appears to be a high level problem.

3. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

You are the problem if you keep dishing these lowly attacks. You're the one who sees issue with this thread's existence, people are allowed to have different opinions and pointing out something is a very legitimate opinion (i.e. the fact you're not a speeder and you assume that it's a speeder problem) so you take it personal.

4. Zangetsu

No you seem to misunderstand that part. I was referring that you see these as attacks therefore a you problem, I have no issues with it.

5. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Yet you agreed but continue to haggle on this issue. Hypocrite no?

Last edited: 4 Aug 2017
  6. Zangetsu

Do you have reading comprehension problem or maybe I can't explain clearly. I'm not referring to the mines as the issue, I'm talking about your ability to handle criticisms and calling everything a personal attack. That to me is a personal problem.

7. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

So you continue to ramble, and you're now escalating this conversation and pulled the "you have a comprehension problem". Can we get even lower?

8. Zangetsu

I failed quoting in last response but the part you bolded is what I'm pointing out. I don't have an issue saying that, it's not an attack towards you as a person but the fact that you use a speeder so bias is clear. That's a legitimate factor in debates, it could be worded better but the point stands that you made this thread out of frustration because of your play style.

Edit: Must you edit and delete so many of your things, at least post with the full message before changing it later on

9. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

You assume my bias, and you assume my play style yet you've never seen my play style. Then say I "am the problem" and say it's not an attack. And yet you agree that the detonation area of the mine could be tweaked, yet you don't support nerfs after reading my explanation that I tried to be as unbiased as possible (by listing out all the attributes of the mine within context of the circumstances of infamy/level of mines etc... which are pretty accurate no?) .

Seriously What are you really talking about? o_O I'm not even sure this is a comprehension problem or a communication problem, or something worst?

10. Zangetsu

THE PROBLEM IS YOU SEE IT AS AN ATTACK I DON'T. I hope that makes this part clear. Referring to the difference in our interpretation on the message, it's your problem you took it personally not mine.

Yes, I don't support nerfs, there's a difference to tweaking. They don't mean the same ya know.

11. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

I can give Fixes speeder hp as an example too. But that wouldn't be fair. If a speeder and a shooter have absolutely same big shields the hp difference wouldn't be more than 1000. Fair difference for such mobility.

12. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

You're assumptions are simply a biased opinion already, and basically assumed prejudice immediately based on the class of ship I have on my signature. Then you accuse me of an "interpretation" or "comprehension" problem. Continuous jabs at me on several occasions:
    • " yet you continue to push your "experience" and say that isn't good enough. You're right though, I probably haven't died to mines as much as you, you keep that experience! :)"
    • " it largely goes against your type is anything but laughable."
    • "Do you have a comprehension problem?"
    • All I see is a bitter speeder too careless to have awareness of his surroundings.

Fine it's not an attack, it's just rude behaviour. You're right about one thing, we are both derailing this thread, so I'll request a thread clean up.
    If it's a reduction of the detonation zone, is it not a reduction rebalance that constitutes to be called "a nerf"? Is it that hard to admit?

Edit, part of the list disappeared.

13. Zangetsu

I won't deny I threw a few jabs for my own amusement, didn't expect you to get heated up about it jeez. You threw plenty back so I can hardly see you complaining but to take it up this personal is a bit much but not my problem! I mean, isn't this thread about mines yet you derailed it a whole lot. This wasn't meant to be about you because you couldn't ignore a few jabs lol

14. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

My responses were just firm. You got offended because I told you to back down based on the experience/infamy issue, the fact is, you're at a lower infamy. That's fact, so how is that a jab? You just took immediate offense to it. Not me, and you couldn't ignore that.

As for me ignoring a few jabs, I definitely tried until you upped the ante demanding a response from me (quote: for your own amusement) .

And for the record, you also took part in derailing it.

15. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Actually, the shield hp is based on the Ship hitpoints. The more the ship has, the more the shield has, it's calculated from the base number.
    See here:
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/regarding-speeder-hp-nerf-the-numbers.9080/#post-29443

16. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

That is the point of mines to block spaces that is the WHOLE point of them

WarCream likes this.
  17. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Sorry for the late reply. That was my point ;) That idea would be way OP, and not appropriate for this game and there isn't a counter measure.

Game is all about balance, there are certain things that don't quite make sense with the Mine, however I also agree that Rovio shouldn't tamper it too much to make them ineffective as a weapon.

18. Zangetsu

The idea that lower infamy automatically excludes you from having an opinion, am I crazy in not seeing a problem with that? You ignored all the parts I mentioned that mines function the same damn way regardless of infamy, touch it and boom so I hardly saw infamy being worth dismissed about.

Why yes, thanks for the observation but it isn't my duty to keep the thread on track, that's the job of the OP

19. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

I agree with this, and I see the point and why they made the proximity radius that big now. I also get that they want it to be conspicuous so that you can't guess where it ends. However, being a floating contact mine that it depicts (at least from an art / graphical view) it shouldn't be blowing up from getting close. Sure, it's a game and it doesn't need to depict real life, but it does come across as weird and inaccurately depicted. I think the little spikes on the Mine need to be longer so that it's slighly more noticeable and slightly more true to it's contact area?

Cyn likes this.
  20. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

However, the topic started with explaining where the mines start become noticeably stronger, and by means I included that it was MAX T5 Epic and T3 Legendary + which to qualify would require close to levels of 35+ Captain level and I mention where some of these lethal mines exist is in Nightmare. So am I crazy to say that you are excluded, not by inclusion, but because of circumstance?