1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mines are overpowered.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by D3X, 3 Aug 2017.

1. Excism

Excism Well-Known Member

Aw man why'd the argument have to end between D3X and Zangetsu? It was just getting good lol

OT: I have mixed feelings about mines, I want them to be different color for friends but that's a huge nerf...idk. Some change would be nice.

2. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

You literally rant about mines because you're a speeder and it's hard to see because of the color of mines and your ship is fast. I get that this weapon is anti speeder that's why you rant about it and it needs nerfing. What if we non speeder users ask for speed nerf for speeder well Im pretty sure you'll disagree because you invested in that ship. Same as well for the people who invested in mines. So stop asking for nerf and ask for buff instead . Please Im tired of nerfing updates.

3. WarCream

Then NERF the speed of speeder then. Im also pointing out an obvious issue

4. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Actually, I don't run into that many mines at all. I'm pretty much a stay with the group not roaming too much sort of speeder, I think I play more like an enforcer (which is why I'm saving gold) .
    I'm a bit disappointed in trying to justify this thread to some individuals who seem to just attack me, I brought it up for a reason. Like I said, it's more of an overall observation over a long period of time. I've seen many games outcomes whether it's my team, or an opponents team being affected drastically by these mines, and no, it's not just me, but Shooters, Enforcers, Defenders and Fixers running into them. So go ahead and keep saying that it's only me, but often times, it's not just me being blown up by them.

So attacking me clearly shows that I struck a nerve with you WarCream, and I believe that I have a point right? Rather than rebuttals and explaining how they are not overpowered, you're saying I'm the one at fault.... similar to @Zangetsu right?

Last edited: 4 Aug 2017
    SCOOTY PUFF Jr likes this.
  5. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Sure, might as well rename it too. Call it "Weaker" or "Nerfer", has a nice ring to it.

6. WarCream

Im not pointing at you. Im just saying that your opinion on nerfing the mines is ridiculous. I can agree if you Ask for nerfing about how many you can put in a match but certainly not about damage, radius and arming time. And just so you know I don't use mines.

7. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

can you elaborate why you think it's ridiculous?
    I point out a wall of text elaborating each feature and I even said that "overall" in combination with every aspect, it becomes overpowered. So you simply say "oh it's riculous, don't change it because I hate nerfs".
    Um, okay, great point... :rolleyes:

8. WarCream

You twisting my words is kinda pissing me off. You're missing the point of mines. If mines Are not deadly and well hidden so what's the point? . Might as well call that weapon something else.

9. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

LOL you asked for it! @WarCream to the rescue.

10. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

As for twisting your words, I did not. I basically shortened and summed up what you said above in one sentence, did I get it wrong? because it was basically only 1-2 sentences. Not that hard to interpret.

Sure, so lets modify it like real Mines (under water) and have the blast radius even larger and more damaging where homing torpedos shoot out from under you by sensing metal within proximity. Like real mines Naval Mooring mines , that would be an awesome weapon, because it's deadly and it is well-hidden.

[​IMG]

Disguised likes this.
  11. WarCream

I did ..... -_- Im just bad at explaining please bare with me and Im not an English so some of my words has different meaning .. But still I can't agree with your nerfing approach . And again read your post and you'll know what I mean

12. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

Quit complaining about people attacking you when you are doing it right here. Someone disagreed with you and you suddenly make assumptions that it's because they must be using that weapon so ofc they disagree. You then proceed to assume you "hit a nerve" or "tilted" because people are pointing out your bias and exaggeration on how OP a mine is. THESE ARE PERSONAL ATTACKS AS WELL.

Furthermore, you're only derailing your own thread by taking everything personal and pointing out every disagreement as an attack to yourself. Stop coming off as arrogant and too up in their own ass because people don't see it as OP as you do.

13. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

People have disagreed with me in this thread, and I had no issues with them. Do you see me "attacking" them? as far as I'm concerned, I'm only defending my own topic of it's existance and how can I derail my own thread? It's only the likes of you both that seem to keep carrying on about me, my position in the game, saying I'm arrogant (when I never approached it being arrogant, at least at the beginning), and rejecting any idea of nerfs / rebalance that will be inevitable in any game, and actually being quite closed minded to even fathom the thoughts of what my observations are. Enough to then say it's my bias and assume that I'm having a problem with it, case and point that it's likely a Speeder only problem.

Then bark at me saying I'm crying nerf, and that I'm on a High horse for defending my own topic to stay within context, and now saying it's "personal attacks". Well you jabbed first, so now i cannot respond back personally?

Fine. Blame me as the problem.

14. WarCream

You just did. Stop making us feel bad

15. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Nope, I'm just pointing out the obvious. Let's get back to your points shall we?
    @WarCream @Zangetsu You both are tired of nerfs in the game, so you don't think any weapons need balancing, so therefore everything is fine and dandy.

Cool story! Rovio will continue to strike balance anyways. They will change something along the way, whether or not the Mine is or isn't overpowered. Maybe I'm wrong about the mine, I have no idea? Obviously you guys agree that I'm wrong, but you both can't even put more than 2 paragraphs together to say I'm wrong.

16. Zangetsu

You are the problem if you keep addressing these as attacks. You're the one who sees issue with it, people are allowed to have different opinions and pointing out bias is a very legitimate factor (i.e. the fact you're a speeder complaining about an anti speeder wep) but you take it personal.

If you actually want to stay on topic then any discussion not relevant to mines balancing is derailing (including this post), pointing out personal attacks is irrelevant, so yes that is derailing. This comes across as "You guys don't understand my anecdotal experience and keep attacking me." Your experience isn't fact, it is opinion and people are allowed to disagree.

17. WarCream

Pretty sure the mines was based on land not on water that would be op

18. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Where do people get the time for this nonsense?

Epekka likes this.
  19. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

I get that this is controversial for some. I've had other very popular threads in which it has pages and pages of opinions, and there's no dispute to this degree. I encourage sharing opinions (it's an open discussion forum), and like I said, I will try to analyze it from their point of view. Only if you share your opinion with some sort of explanation. As well, I only get personal if you/other's take it personal.

Ontop of that, I've clearly said that it isn't just a speeder problem from the very beginning. Are Fixers, Enforcers, Shooters, defenders immune to the Mine blasts? Are they not dying from them?

I'd rather you leave that , and wait for other players at my experience level to disagree with me. Because either way, your experience is lesser and you haven't seen it all. That's fact, and the point I was trying to make.

20. Zangetsu

They're a threat to speeders the most, which is why you complain they're OP. Sure they affect other classes but to a lesser degree than a blind speeder running around, I've already agree the radius needs tweaking so I've said my part yet you continue to push your "experience" and say that isn't good enough. You're right though, I probably haven't died to mines as much as you, you keep that experience! :)