1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mines are overpowered.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by D3X, 3 Aug 2017.

1. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

^ Yeah, that one. About 3:24:00 is where it starts. Though he wasn't at 10k health.

2. NaruDestroyer

NaruDestroyer Member

Try getting hit with a epic maxed out anything VS a epic maxed out mine and see the difference. :D exclude big torps please. :rolleyes:

Shadow Moon! and MatCool1234 like this.
  3. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Try avoiding that mine vs avoiding another weapon and see the difference.;)

4. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Try avoiding a mine that a friend actually runs over ;)

5. Wishaal

Stay close to your friends, but not so close that mines will hit multiple targets... Problem solved. (You out of all players should know that)

6. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Whatever, I'm done with your nonsense to be honest. You just keep saying rhetorical stuff so you can disgree. Really starting to question Rovio right now, starting to think that the only balance they care about is their bank account.

You were right about the top tier stuff being all overpowered, they are. Rovio knows it, they just won't ever admit it. That's what keeps the whales paying for the legendaries. They also purposely left all the Beta Elite players that had all max Epics in the game so that it creates that infamy wall so that it makes players with money spend to progress, and they hang the rest of the player base out to dry.

Last edited: 12 Aug 2017
    Rated R likes this.
  7. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    Simple fix:

Mine only detonates on contact, blast radius is about the current activation radius.

Tada! Problem solved

No lets move onto the biggie: FIREBOMBS

8. NaruDestroyer

NaruDestroyer Member

Have you ever encountered a speeder who rushes in and lays tons of mines while circling around the area where your team is playing? It blocks your movement. At the same time his team will fire artillery from far away. Try dodging artillery and mines both and see if u still think mines are not OP then? If they add torpedo to the mix then u r done. :D

D3X and monobrow like this.
  9. Wishaal

I think we all have seen that. Sometimes it works... But most of the time they're nothing but dead weight to the team. This only works if an enemie steps into the mine. But most of the time they're already dead before they even got the chance to lay down enough mines.

So no, based on a few lucky matches I don't think mines are overpowered.

10. NaruDestroyer

NaruDestroyer Member

As far as I have encountered, and as many as I have, speeder+mine combo works very well (and it's not just in a few lucky matches), and if it doesn't work, or if the speeders are dead before they lay down enough mines (like u say), then probably those speeders are not that good in dodge + move tactics or they don't lay mines where they should, or they just lay mines and don't get support from their team. They are never dead weight to the team if the team knows how to utilize this strategy well. And if you read my post correctly I said mines + artillery fire simultaneously, not just mines. You seem to skip the artillery part and focus only on the mines. Read properly mate before you answer please.

11. Wishaal

I did read the part about artillery, but I didn't see how that was relevant to that mine strategy, that's why I didn't include the artillery part in my comment. I

('d appreciate if we could just discus this in a friendly manner)

12. Flying Bananasaur

Flying Bananasaur Active Member

I think it's safe to say that people get freaked out when there is a red target and they are in the middle of it.

13. NaruDestroyer

NaruDestroyer Member

I think I am being completely friendly here. I don't know why you would think otherwise. If you thought the artillery part is not relevant, then that's not my problem. Mines alone can be avoided by anyone easily, additional support fire is always needed to make someone overlook a mine and step onto it. I think everybody knows that.

14. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    There is no reason to call one play style cowerdly because it's the opposite of your own style.
    The opposite player could as well call your style a bully,
    Truethfully what's the difference in playing close combat style vs long range, or aggressive vs defensive, or supportive vs rambo style?
    It's all a play style that needs proper equipment to play that style.

One style player might argue that speeders are too fast because they can dodge the projectiles they shoot.
    Another might argue that fixers are game breakers because they reverse the damage he/she does to a ship.
    Yet another might argue that defenders have too much defense or hp.
    This topic is about mines that hurt...
    Seriously if you see a wall, instead of complaining how hard, solid or visually blinding or not it is; Just go the other way...

Mines are passive damage dealers which you can avoid with enough patience, other weapons are active damage dealers where the incentive to inflict damage is on the shooting party.
    That's why imho mines deserve a bigger damage as any other weapon.

15. Wishaal

So mines in combination with artillery is overpowered... I think that is just a beautifull example of what you can accomplish with good teamwork. Imagine players with mortars being assisted by a speeder or enforcer with freezing items... Very strong.

So what's the point I'm trying to make... Isn't litterally everything overpowered as long as the team works together? It just happens every now and then that mine is a part of good teamwork, just like the artillery and mortars.

16. Daidem

Daidem New Member

How many seconds does it takes for a mine to activate? \(•_•)/

17. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Hmmm what about making the mine a 2 slot item? For me, the main issue is lobbing the mine into a group of enemies, which is just dumb that it actually works (imo). Now you might wonder why having this as a 2 slot weapon would help? Well here we go:
    Mainly quick boats are able to take advantage and abuse lobbing mines at unfriends because they are able to get in/out quick enough.
    Which boats can do this? ->Speeder + Enforcer
    Making it a 2 slot would mean it's a bad choice for mk6 enforcers, as they would be missing out on another weapon, and it also prevents speeders from double mining. Hopefully doing so would prevent this dumb strategy and return mines to their intended purpose. Thoughts?

Shadow Moon! and monobrow like this.
  18. Tripple Moon

Tripple Moon Member

Private info
    If you suggest the mine to take 2 slots to force it to be used by the, in your mind correct ship type, then why not suggest that ship type to get +x slot ability also, so it will be able to equip the same amount as before?
    No.... i think your real intention is to make the mine a less favored equipment....sory no deal.

Wishaal likes this.
  19. Makeloa

Makeloa Member

Oh geez, bunch of sissys complaining about mines. Next your going to complain about everything else soon. You don't like it don't play, and any "smart" person would not give chase in a mine field and/or avoid mines altogether. But since you're all here ranting about mines clearly none of you are "smart" to completely avoid mines and drive a different route.

Wishaal likes this.
  20. NaruDestroyer

NaruDestroyer Member

I don't think so. Not at all. Everything is not overpowered as long as you have good teamwork. Why? Because "Nothing else has damage that's as OP as mine damage", and I believe that's exactly the title of this thread. :rolleyes: