1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mines are overpowered.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by D3X, 3 Aug 2017.

1. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Mines are OP /end

Why?
    Because everyone is starting to use them - I'm in ace1. Heck I'm even having to build out mine to compete (pun intended)

And when everyone starts doing the same thing, it's a sure fire way to know you have a problem.

Damage needs to be nerfed by up to 25% and should never take more than say.. 65% of someone's health in 1 shot

Doing 5k damage is game breaking. Especially where matchmaking is broken, like in ace1 where 3200 players face 4800+ inf players with max weapons to save on queue times for the elite few.

Helius Maximus and D3X like this.
  2. TheEpicWarlord

TheEpicWarlord Active Member

Yeah i agree i think it is weird that i will stop before a mine and either it will go off anyway or a teammate will run right through and blow me up too.

3. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

Mines are not overpowered. However, stupidity to step in mines will make it seem that way.

4. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

LOL you keep repeating this, and the more you do it the more stupid you sound. Instead of repeating and replying and wasting our time, did you actually read more of this thread?
    Need i to remind you of what you said earlier?
    Why bother typing and posting on a discussion forum at all?

What's your current infamy?

Last edited: 10 Aug 2017
  5. Wishaal

I do have the time to read more of this topic, but I don't have the motivation lol.

My current infamy is 3126, shooter mk5, bad weapons, I'm even using an uncommon weapon lol. But I just upgraded to mk5, and I still feel like I'm rising by the day, I haven't reached my mk5 limit yet.

Before you wil call my comments/arguments invalid just because you've got higer infamy than me, mark my words... I will surpass you sooner or later :) wether it will take a couple of days, a couple of weeks, or even a couple of months, I will surpass you :)

ElMataC likes this.
  6. NaruDestroyer

NaruDestroyer Member

I believe that either mine damage, or trigger-radius or their lifetime need to be nerfed. :D

Cyn and monobrow like this.
  7. MOB BOSS

MOB BOSS Member

Like I said earlier. Just the insane mine throwing. Which makes mines an insanely powerful offensive weapon, and the inability to call out or shoot mines is my only quarrel with this item

8. NaruDestroyer

NaruDestroyer Member

They are already overpowered, and you want to shoot that thing at someone? omg :eek:

Wishaal likes this.
  9. MOB BOSS

MOB BOSS Member

Lol no I want to be able to shoot mines with cannons to blow them up. It's really not unreasonable to think I should be able disarm mines with cannon fire.

10. Epekka

Epekka Well-Known Member

through back wendsday!

3000+ infamy people like you have to realize that @D3X are in the far endgame, not the mid-game. What you say only goes for the minority.

11. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Glad I motivated you.

I actually don't care about you or my infamy, I was only asking in reference to your biases and opinions.

Unless you want to continue trolling, i suggest you either read the thread or move on.

12. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Is this directed at me? I can't tell. It is a minority, this whole thread is about a minority weapon that I feel may be overpowered in its minority way, Minority in the sense that you need to max it to T5 for an epic and or legendary, with captain levels and high perks, and use it in a way that takes full advantage of it. Because it's a minority, does it mean it's fine to be overpowered?

I don't get how most of you are completely missing the point. I'm saying it's possibly overpowered due to the reasons I suggested on the first post. We're running in circles.

As for me, most people know me on this forum as a pay2progress player, a player that only pays in moderation but is dedicated in farming and getting high to the endgame. I'm not at end game yet, even though it appears like it. I'm only one foot into the last gate(Nightmare), and my weapons as they stand are at their limit. With most of them as Rare T5, this is as far as i can take them to 4000 Infamy. I'm also known to speak for the common f2p player as i believe there needs to be balance between both p2w and for the players playing with little to no money. This Mine issue sort of is related, because this most powerful weapon is only obtainable via pay2win aspects or a very long time.

NaruDestroyer likes this.
  13. Wishaal

I do want to try to see where you're coming from, but c'mon, you do understand that it's like looking for a needle in a haystack to look for all the points you have made right? Could you perhaps give me a short recap on all the important points about why you think that mines are overpowered? Then we will have no misunderstandings. Sounds reasonable right?

14. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Sigh, just read the first to second page of this thread. That's all you really need as a primer.

15. Wishaal

Alright, a maxed out epic mine with maxed out captain levels with the best perks... Obviously that would be a killing machine... But so would most weapons be under all those cirsumstances. Suddenly litterally everything will be overpowered under those conditions. That doesn't stop at just mines. But if we're going to look at it like this, then almost every single weapon deserves a nerf. I won't say I disagree with you, but I don't agree either.

16. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Probably missed this @Wishaal It's okay if you disagree, come back to me when you get to 3.5k and higher while trying to catch me (I marked your words) and see if you see the above phenomenon.

Wishaal likes this.
  17. murius

murius New Member

As a fixer I switch between mines and fire bomb mostly. I like mines as I use them to trap enemies in a more confined space and I focused leveling them up for a one hitter. I think the area of activating them is less than the splash dmg of a torpedo or mortar. The people who get mad or wants them nerfed are usually the ones who have been killed by enough mines to want it. Mines do have a time limit as well. What I think they need to remove is the ability to equip multiple of the same weapon or increase the slots # of that weapon when more are equipped. People complaining if someone has 3 or 4 mines equipped but thats the same as having all torpedos equipped or all mortars.... There is no variety in play anymore. Most games I play, either team just camps out hoping mortars and torpedos finish off the enemy. I think sniper needs to be 2 slots due to its crit rate but most weapons seem to be fine.

Wishaal likes this.
  18. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

2100+ Fixer here.

At least in my league, mines aren't a problem, but I have seen live streams of a Speeder/Defender/Fixer named Diet Coke.
    IMG_4314.jpg
    A double mine Speeder who goes behind the enemy, shooting mines everywhere he goes. Now some games, he doesn't win, but when he does win, he triumphs most of the time.

I can see what you mean when mines are deadly, and somewhat obnoxious. One last Defender with 10K health gets nuked when Mines are place DIRECTLY around him and he's too slow to move off.

So I agree mines may be OP, based on Nightmare League gameplay. I'd definitely recommend what others have: manually detonating the mine by shooting at it.

And as a Fixer with a stuck Rare Tier 2 Cannon, I could help out the team a lot more by doing just that.
    Maybe even Torpedoes too? :eek::eek::eek:

D3X likes this.
  19. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Thanks for that! Do you have the link to the video? Exactly my point, I know who Diet Coke is; he normally uses a defender.

20. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member