1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Mine Spamming

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Skirra08, 13 Dec 2018.

?

What should devs do to address mine spam?

1. Reduce mine damage by 40%

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Increase mine cooldown time by 40%

18.2%
  3. Make mines a 2 slot item

22.7%
  4. All of the above

13.6%
  5. None of the above mines are great (wrong)

31.8%
  6. Mines explode on respawn

13.6%
  1. GrizzlyMoose

GrizzlyMoose Active Member

@CaffeinatedChris Any idea if the Blast radius is larger than the trigger radius?

Sidd gamer likes this.
  2. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    “Of course, no soldier would dare go off into battle without a sidearm and trusty combat knife, and a well-thrown hand grenade or a well-placed claymore mine can likewise serve you well.”
    Anyone understands this? :confused:
    (Translate ‘explains’ claymore...)

Aether_Zero, Sidd gamer and X•H!B!T like this.
  3. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I believe so, and my experience of sailing safely past a mine only to have a teammate clip it and cost me 1000hp would agree. I can ask for official confirmation if you'd like. :p

"Claymore" in this case refers to the M18A1 Claymore anti-personnel mine, shown below:

[​IMG]

Notably it has lettering that reads "FRONT TOWARD ENEMY" as it projects the steel ball payload in that direction. The "joke" in this case is that if you placed a Claymore, lost sight of it, and then "find it" again - you should always assume that regardless of which way you think it's pointing, it should always be treated as if it is facing you (and is potentially lethal)

So extending this to Battle Bay - even if you just tossed that mine, but you turned your camera around - assume it's an enemy mine, it's armed, and is a Level 50 Epic boatkiller. ;)

4. GrizzlyMoose

GrizzlyMoose Active Member

Not sure if I understand what you are asking, but if it is about what a claymores, A claymore is a land mine. Not exactly what we use in BB, but it has the same effect. If it is triggered it explodes causing damage to everything in the blast radius.

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  5. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    Thank you both:)

With English they don’t teach us what a Claymore is :p

6. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

English is a language of metaphors and similes, willing to make a myriad number of grammar rules and then break all of them in the very next breath. ;)

“Let’s face it - English is a crazy language. There is no egg in eggplant nor ham in hamburger; neither apple nor pine in pineapple. English muffins weren’t invented in England or French fries in France. Sweetmeats are candies while sweetbreads, which aren’t sweet, are meat. We take English for granted. But if we explore its paradoxes, we find that quicksand can work slowly, boxing rings are square and a guinea pig is neither from Guinea nor is it a pig.

And why is it that writers write but fingers don’t fing, grocers don’t groce and hammers don’t ham? If the plural of tooth is teeth, why isn’t the plural of booth beeth? One goose, 2 geese. So one moose, 2 meese? One index, 2 indices? Doesn’t it seem crazy that you can make amends but not one amend? If you have a bunch of odds and ends and get rid of all but one of them, what do you call it?

If teachers taught, why didn’t preachers praught? If a vegetarian eats vegetables, what does a humanitarian eat? In what language do people recite at a play and play at a recital? Ship by truck and send cargo by ship? Have noses that run and feet that smell? How can a slim chance and a fat chance be the same, while a wise man and a wise guy are opposites?

You have to marvel at the unique lunacy of a language in which your house can burn up as it burns down, in which you fill in a form by filling it out and in which an alarm goes off by going on. English was invented by people, not computers, and it reflects the creativity of the human race (which, of course, isn’t a race at all). That is why, when the stars are out, they are visible, but when the lights are out, they are invisible.

And finally, why doesn't "buick" rhyme with "quick"?”

- Richard Lederer

7. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

I like the explode on respawn better than anything I thought of when I started this thread. It pretty much fixes the spamming without hurting mines as a tool against speeders.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  8. CaffeinatedChris

CaffeinatedChris MVP

I wanted to vote for "None of the above" but then I would have had to say "Mines are great" as well.

I'm not too fond of them, especially when my teammates seem to think they're Pokemon.

GOTTA CATCH 'EM ALL

Nikkie!, Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  9. Ddogfish

Ddogfish New Member

I recently had a battle where there were 10 mines in play incl 7 on the enemy side! It just ruined the game.
    In Normal mode, leaving your mines out there after you die is fine, but in respawn mode this is wrong as is encourages spamming. When spamming, it’s a guaranteed kill with a L5 epic mine doing 5k+ damage.
    The answer is: in respawn mode your mines die when you do, I’d also advocate nerfing the damage. It’s a one slot weapon with the equivalent damage to 4 slots.
    In future I’m going to float in protest if I see too many mines being spammed in respawn mode as it’s just no fun. I don’t care which side has them.

Skirra08 likes this.
  10. Ddogfish

Ddogfish New Member

This battle pretty much says it all. Defender running 3 mines plus Shooter with 2 simply spam both exits and gets max damage. When is Rovio going to respond??? 8319268F-E8A9-4946-AD06-B39299FE1114.png