1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Might be Quitting

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by CheekyDevilGod, 13 Sep 2017.

1. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Agreed. This game really does have the potential to be one of the biggest games on appstores but not moving as fast as it should or fast at all.

Ultrah, - Oskar - and The Otherguy like this.
  2. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

It's only a game and no matter how good we'll all stop playing sooner or later and move to something else.
    This game in the last week has certainly been more frustrating. Grinding for gold, for parts sucks when you're not making progress.

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Game in the first 3 weeks: speeder.
    Game soon after: defender without turbo

4. Spongeboat

Spongeboat Well-Known Member

Dang everyone is quitting, I'm considering quitting too. I actually love the gameplay, but no matter how great it is, after 4500+ matches without any new content, it got boring.
    Not to mention the clash of clans style training system I really despise starting to grow on my nerves. It takes 3 days now to train crews on my level. My resources mostly stays idle in the storage these days, unable to upgrade weapons because I hit the tier cap and it probably gonna be weeks or months before I can advance to the next tier because training crews take forever.
    So basically there's nothing else to do right now other than engage into another endless grind, which sounds frustrating rather than fun.

ThatOnion likes this.
  5. KILGOR

KILGOR Member

I for one am considering quitting this game. There is more frustration than enjoyment now. Game match ups are terrible and the targeting system is crap.

fr4nk1yn likes this.
  6. DeeMeester

DeeMeester Active Member

Hey Cheeky!

While we haven't exchanged words in-game or in the forum yet (to the best of my knowledge) I found your post quite touching in its sensitivity.

There's a new battle bay tournament that's going on called, BAE WATCH!, and if you're getting enough sleep (most important) and still interested in playing the game and want to check out the tournament, please visit www.BAEWATCH.Win and watch the Best of BAE WATCH video (highlights from tournament 1) that more or less explains the tournament and has the tournament registration in the video description. Actually, I'll post it here, just remember to click on the video description to see the link if you want to register for the tourney.

A little about it: we had P0rthos & Grey Storm, two well-known players, compete in the first one and it looks like Genki Gamers and some other well-known players will be competing in this next one (Tournament 2) along with a lot of other really great players, streamers & content creators.

Since we have a lot of people registering since the first one was pretty awesome & there is a $50 cash prize so far, we're going off a lottery to determine the players for Tournament 2. The BAE WATCH team has however decided to give one guaranteed ticket to someone from the forum so I'd like to offer that ticket to you for such a heartfelt post if you want to accept it.

I know it's not content coming from the devs but I'll tell you they have been nothing but supportive of it and encouraging from the very beginning and I know they are working very hard to bring great new things to the Bay. If you watch the highlight video here below made from the first tournament, you will see just how much fun we have! Just let me know if you want the ticket. :)

See you around the forum & the Bay,
    DeeMeester

7. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

I'm really happy that you choose me @DeeMeester .

I love what you guys have been doing with your tournament, I'm so glad that the community is doing it's part.

However I'm sorry, I'll have to decline your offer, I am not able make as much time or effort for battle bay as I used to and hence am not in any position to actually take part in any tournaments.

However if it is in my place to say so, I would recommend you give it to @Kitterini or @behumble

They are the most mature people of any community I have ever met virtually and amaze me with the lack of cancerous negativity that internet people usually have, the most constructive of people the game has and it would mean well for them to recieve the honors. Also both are much better players than I will ever be so do consider my suggestion.

Again thank you and once again I'm sorry.

8. DeeMeester

DeeMeester Active Member

Consider it done, Cheeky! If @Kitterini or @behumble would like the entry, they've got it. They can just contact me here or through the game, #PZCTYSVJ. :D

CheekyDevilGod likes this.
  9. CheekyDevilGod

Thank you for taking up my suggestion. Again I'm sorry for declining your offer, it is my loss. Wish you luck for more and better community events!.

DeeMeester likes this.
  10. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Not sure where the impression of me being positive and constructive is coming from :) I'm hardly playing anymore, finally upgraded my Fixer to mk6 also and its depressing to see just how shit it is.
    Between zero chance of item progression, Fixers purposely designed to be shit and easy pickings, absurd scaling in favour of whales (stronger ofc, but No need for the crazy difference we have now) , constantly getting sugar quests etc etc, I'm rapidly reaching my breaking point

Gl with your tournament!

11. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Oof, what an opinion! As an MK5 Fixer, i have to agree so much with that. With no perks nor benefits to it, they should really just remove Duct Tape and bring us back our Healing Pulse 100% self heal.

• Percy • likes this.
  12. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

Sad to see you going through the same emotions and thoughts I have been. You have been tremendous to this community, and I think Rovio definitely needs to look at the viability of Free-to-play players for more incentive to continue playing long term. There needs to be some support for them, and incentive to want to pay some money for the game with a certain level of value. Right now, a F2P player paying $30 a month results to nearly nothing.

13. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Thanks for the sentiment cheeky :) You have been a great input into the bb community, its sad to see you considering quitting :(
    School has started and ive been slowing down as well.
    @DeeMeester Ive been having a problem with the game where after every battle the app crashes :mad: so idk how reliable i would be as a contestant for your tournament
    @Kitterini yeah i feel similarly, was always looking forward to mk6, running the extra weapon slot and double pulse.....but i doubt it will get me far, with crap hp and being slow as a barge.

This thread be making me a debby downer haha :p
    Still think its awesome and all...will be waiting for the update...but game has definitely lost its gleam for me right now :oops:

For some reason, on my other account on the same device the game doesnt crash so ive been having some fun experimenting with different ships on that....but dont really have the time to split between two accounts. being ftp is difficult enough >.<

14. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

Seems like a lot of us are on our way out.
    Gonna stick around until the next update but I'm getting worse than bored.
    Totally agree with Kitterini, the absurd scaling of items is gamebreaking. It dimishes the skill/strategy element of the game in favour of free wins for the biggest spenders and it's a damned shame.
    After almost 16000 battles I'm out of patience waiting for the items I need to stay (remotely) competitive.
    It's getting more frustrating than fun.

15. fr4nk1yn

fr4nk1yn Well-Known Member

I'll espouse my theories again. I was quitting a few days ago but instead I just don't take this serious anymore. I don't grind for gold or sugar, I don't log in 4 times a day for free items, I don't want ads anymore.
    Heck If my team sucks and don't want to play I don't even play fully anymore, I just play alone. If they want to play then I do my best and play as a team.

This is a business to Rovio and the devs. I've not seen on game with IAPs that worried about being fair.
    They want to restrict progress so you'll buy their over priced shit, whether it be Gold, Coins, Salt, Gems, Pearls. And when you don't get what you need because of the RNG they want you to buy more of their over priced shit.
    Also being a business, and I'd bet the epic blast cannons I need, they expect a certain amount of churn, from both new players and "veterans". As long as they keep new members coming in and staying long enough, buying items and/or watching ads they're meeting their goals. Us quitting means little in the grand scope of the game.

With that said I thing there's an "unexpected" consequence of resetting nightmare league each season. Players are getting pushed down as the infamy is sucked out the game. Some of those players are going to be disenfranchised and quit. Also when new players are facing mk5 ships at mk2 levels they're going to quit. Soon they'll be mk5 ships playing bots. Until enough people leave they'll not be any changes besides some "balancing", new maps, or some minute guild perks to keep us strung along and spending money.

Kitterini, Jdm7 and ThatOnion like this.
  16. Jdm7

Jdm7 Active Member

I've said it once and I'll say it again, it saddens me how they are gonna let this game die considering oh badazz it could be.

TheAntiSnipe and The Otherguy like this.
  17. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Many good points here, playing a fremium is less frustration when you accept it for what it is.

While the Nightmare setup is brutal for the people just below 4k, its pretty apparant that there is more infamy flowing into the game (by new players beating bots), than the Nightmare reset sucks out. The number of Nightmare players is rising rapidly and the top players are reaching much higher infamy than they could a few months back.

Babablacksheep and DeeMeester like this.
  18. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

Unlike CoC you can still play while waiting for training... it's a HUGE improvement over the CoC-style system. I really liked CoC, but I quickly stopped playing it and several other games due to the waiting system. In the forums the common thread about BB is the uneven playing field.... the forced 50% win/loss and the pay-to-avoid-waiting schemes remove much of what people want in a competitive game: a level playfield, and a system where practice and skill move you up the ranking rather than time and/or money. It's the reason why people still play Counter Strike nearly 20 years later.

TheAntiSnipe and The Otherguy like this.
  19. CheekyDevilGod

Uninstalled and outa here. Nice to know you guys, again, thanks for everything and sorry for everything.

20. • Percy •

• Percy • Well-Known Member

9th grader
    This is deep. Also don't leave

CheekyDevilGod likes this.