1. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Meta Snapshot 15/7 [Bastille Day speeder nerf / Fixer boost patch]

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Kitterini, 16 Jul 2017.

1. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Last installment can be found here:
    https://forum.battlebay.net/threads/meta-snapshot-1-7-bigger-boat-patch.7334/
    ---
    The usual caveacts:
    - The top 50 changes constantly, this is just a snapshot. A snapshot taken during the last day of the season.
    - Obviously patches take much longer than 1 day to make noteworthy alterations to the meta (in particular in a game where gathering & leveling new items take a long time). I'm not claiming that any changes to the meta is due to anything in particular.
    - Hopefully you will find it interesting and/or useful, but don't take it too seriously.

Class Representation
    21 Speeders (42%), best speeder is placed as #2.
    16 Shooters (32%), best at #1.
    6 Defenders (12%), best at #16.
    4 Enforcers (8%), best at #27.
    3 Fixers (6%), best at #24.

Comments:
    - Large drop in the amount of Speeders, its still the most prevalent ship, but interesting to see if this trend continues. I've checked a few times during the past weeks and this is the first time I've seen lower than 50%.
    - Almost a doubling of shooters. This has been a general trend during the past weeks.
    - A few more defenders, worth noting that 5 of the 6 defenders are whales (more on whales at the end).
    - A broad conclusion could be that 2 classes are overrepresentated & the other 3 are quite far behind, interesting to see how things develop from here.

Weapons

34 Sniper Cannon
    19 Explosive Cannon
    17 Blast Cannon
    14 Flare Gun
    14 Missile Launcher

11 Mines
    10 Railgun
    8 Cannonade
    7 Napalm Launcher
    6 Firebomb

5 Big Torpedo
    4 Triple Torpedo
    3 Grenade Launcher

1 Cannon
    1 Swift Torpedo
    1 Big Berta
    1 Long Range Mortar
    1 Ballpark Mortar

0 Standard Mortar

Comments:
    - More shooters & less speeders is a large part of why some weapons see more representation this time around.
    - The Sniper Cannon nerf still seems fair, that cannon is popular!
    - Mortars still unpopular, some improved usage of Firebomb and Napalm Launcher (Probably tied to more shooters/less speeders).

Random Info
    9 Mk7 Boats
    41 Mk6 Boats
    --
    14 Whales [Defined as having a minimun of 2 legendary items or a Mk2 legendary item equipped].
    5 out of 6 Defenders are whales // 7 out of 16 Shooters are whales. Last two whales are 1 speeder & 1 fixer.
    --
    1 player in the top 50 with a full rare gear setup. Shoutout to Blackjack at #32.

Last edited: 16 Jul 2017
    Totoro, ElMataC, behumble and 4 others like this.
  2. Wishaal

Wishaal Well-Known Member

I'd better swith to defender now since my shooter is going to get nerfed, and the dual sniper I'm using will get nerfed even further, so I'll also need to look for other weapons.

Fml

3. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

Sucks that Enforcer and Fixer still aren't seeing more representation. Could be that last patch hit them too hard, or it could be that going from 2 guns to 5 is just amazing. Shooter doesn't have as major of drawbacks as the other classes, so it's definitely expected that they would be second in line.

My comments:
    - There's actually less torpedoes now. Were Speeders the primary users of them and that's why they're lower on the list?
    - A couple more Defenders is interesting to see. And by "interesting", I mean "annoying". I don't like fighting those guys...
    - Best Enforcer at #27, relative to the other classes on the list, is pretty discouraging.
    - Over twice as many Carronades*! *You spelled it "Cannonade" in both posts. I wouldn't consider those things "heavy gunfire", and this isn't S4 League. Points if you have any idea what I'm saying.
    - Fire Bomb and Napalm weren't even on the list before. Interesting to see them released all at the same time. And by "interesting", well you know what I mean...

• Percy • and FALCO like this.
  4. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

Thanks again for the write-up!

Fixer might see more representation after people get a chance to adapt to recent changes.

5. monobrow

monobrow Well-Known Member

Only comment id make is now way is a whale 2 legends. Thats like 1k yeah. But the big boys are doing 10x that

Id define whale territory as 6x epics min

The Otherguy likes this.
  6. Zusay

Zusay Well-Known Member

Sniper is still way way waaay too overpowered! Huge range, great accuracy and waaaay too much crit!

• Percy • and monobrow like this.
  7. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

Awful trajectory and awful damage almost equal to standard cannon w/o crit. Forgot about it?

8. Netsa

Netsa Well-Known Member

The trajectory isn't really an issue. If people can hit with a Railgun, they can hit with a Sniper. The damage hurts, but half the time it isn't that high. The main thing about it is the range. Base 40 range doesn't play around, you get free shots on everyone not using a Sniper since they have to close the gap. At the start of the match, the high range and projectile speed puts out enough damage to put the enemy at an immediate disadvantage if they get caught in the open.

Don't underestimate the ability to shoot someone who can't shoot back.

@Climax and behumble like this.