1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Meta Snapshop - Bonus Nightmare Edition [25/8]

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Kitterini, 28 Aug 2017.

1. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

Been wanting to do this for a while -- But it takes ages, so don't expect to see it happen again :)
    The following is statistics of all the players playing in the Nightmare league last seaon -- Data was pulled on the 24th and 25th of august. Except for a few cases I have used whatever a player had equipped, the exceptions being a mk6 speeder that has scrapped all his gear (didn't include him in the numbers), myself (playing speeder now, but I would not have peaked above 4k without playing mk5 Fixer) and a few people in mk5 boats that I am 100% sure has reached Nightmare in another (mk6 ship). Altered around 5 people to make the result as accurate as possible (in terms of describing what Nightmare usually looks like).

Class Destribution
    Formating: Amount Class [Percentage], highest place
    143 Shooters [36%], 3rd
    119 Speeders [30%], 1st
    45 Defenders [11%], 2nd
    45 Fixers [11%], 34th
    44 Enforcers [11%], 9th
    No big surprises here -- Shooters & Speeders are vastly overrepresentated, whilst the 3 other classes are lacking behind. More stats compiled in the screenshot below:

Nightmare Stats.jpg

Some comments:
    - For the purpose of this a whale means having 2+ legendary items equipped.
    - At top level MK7 Defenders are doing much better than the table would indicate, the low average is a question of a few dragging the combined score down.
    - Speeder outperforms the other 4 boats at Mk6. Suprised too see how close together the other 4 classes are in performance.
    - People with money spent does not want to play enforcer, instead do like the Defender alot though!
    - 8 mk5 Fixers managed to break 4k, and they did so in worse gear than the mk5's from other classes. In return Fixers have the lowest average infamy at mk6 and the worst (by far) top position.

Weapons
    A compilation of all weapons equipped to boats in the nightmare league. The highest ranking is no that interesting for all the top weapons, but perhaps more telling for the weapons that noone in the top 100 has found a use for.
    Formating: [Amount in total] Name of weapon- Highest rank seen at.

- Tier 1 -
    [284] Sniper Cannon, 22% - 1st
    Sniper Cannon sees twice as much usage as the 2nd most popular weapon, being able to fire at people that can't shoot back is highly valued around the bay! The massive usage has a large impact on gameplay (imagine a Bay where sticking your nose out didn't result in 2-3 snipershots from players you can't see?), whether the devs are happy with the effect of the last nerf remains to be seen. Powerful absolutely, overpowered perhaps not.

- Tier 2 -
    [137] Blast Cannon, 11% - 9th
    [131] Explosive Cannon, 10% - 1st
    In the top 50 Explosive Cannon has surpassed Blast from its 2nd place - This trend has not made it way down the ranks (yet?). Cannons still form the backbone of Battle Bay.

- Tier 3 -
    [94] Flare Gun - 2nd
    [94] Missile Launcher - 3rd
    [92] Railgun - 4th
    [83] Mine - 5th
    [70] Big Torpedo - 3rd
    Flare Gun is slowly falling out of fashion, still popular but more and more speeders are opting to run two weapons that deal their damage upfront. Perhaps the increase in Firebombs have also made Flare Gun less crucial than it used to be?

- Tier 4 -
    [54] Firebomb - 4th
    [50] Napalm Launcher - 11th
    [46] Carronade - 6th

- Tier 5 -
    [31] Triple Torpedo - 29th
    [30] Big Berta - 74th
    [25] Cannon - 60th
    [21] Swift Torpedo - 72nd
    [19] Grenade Launcher - 13th
    [16] Long Range Mortar - 155th
    [15] Ballpark Mortar - 29th
    Mortars hardly see any play in Nightmare (aside from Firebomb/Napalm). At peak level this trend is even stronger, with only Ballpark being used (by 1 player) within the top 50.

- The Standard Mortar Tier -
    [6] Standard Mortar - 125th

Honorable mentions
    Iris Irene is the highest ranked mk5 player, posting a respectable 4287 infamy in a mk5 Fixer.
    Ashraf Najme is the highest ranked player using an all rare setup - Sitting in 278th position with 4140 infamy. Worth noting that others are very close (and alot of people above use at most 1 epic item.. 1 of them a low level epic gear lube!).

Attached Files:

Last edited: 28 Aug 2017
  2. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

3. WarCream

Can you also post some ace statistics ace 1 to be specific? If you have time tho. Nice information man :)

4. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

The date is pulled out manually, so afraid not. You'd need to beg Miika for that :)

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. WarCream

Oh too bad :

6. • Percy •

• Percy • Well-Known Member

9th grader
    Dude how tf do you have the PATIENCE to do all this? Id rather die a painful death lol i have literally no patience

DeeMeester and @Climax like this.
  7. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Nice!

Also #NerfFirebomb

Shadow Moon! and DeeMeester like this.
  8. Rock'N'Rolla

Rock'N'Rolla Active Member

@Kitterini Thanks for an awesome work you've done.

DeeMeester likes this.
  9. curseDDestiny

curseDDestiny Member

Thanks for bringing this out. Thats a lot of work to pull out the data manually (Brings back memories of my analyst days lol). I enjoy reading stats from your posts as it gives a better insight at how the meta is evolving

DeeMeester likes this.
  10. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

@Kitterini Thanks for this, you're providing a service to the community and we're not even paying you for it :)

behumble and DeeMeester like this.
  11. DeeMeester

DeeMeester Active Member

WOW! Very impressive stats! Great job, Kitterini <3

12. ColdOne

ColdOne Active Member

Nice work mate!!!

13. disorder

disorder Active Member

=> like usual a great job!!!

14. - Oskar -

- Oskar - Well-Known Member

wow great job, sad the game don´t give to us more stats... at the end the players needs to do the job. Why so difficult to see more stats, like the damage for each weapon at the end of the battles...
    Thanks Kitterini for all this time you put for free!

behumble likes this.
  15. Ashraf Najme

Ashraf Najme New Member

Thank you for honorable mention ! I believe we all can achieve and be in Nightmare league as I am. In this game, all I can say is all about skill & how you master aiming & handle ship perfectly :)

Kitterini likes this.
  16. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Great work mate really worth appreciating.

#AlsoBuffFixer

17. JustPlainSowad

JustPlainSowad Active Member

Product Manager//Technology Entrepreneur
    This is very informative. Thank you @Kitterini

18. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

I only notice now that there's a typo in the thread title

Kitterini likes this.
  19. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

snapshop haha

Just got my hopes up kitterini did one for last season. i doubt the results would be much different tho

20. Tirth2_

Tirth2_ Well-Known Member

Great job! I would like to know where you got the data from? ;) Only if you would like to share :p