1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Melee speeder

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Skirra08, 10 Nov 2018.

1. Skirra08

Skirra08 Well-Known Member

I know speeders get a bad rap for charging in and dying but I do believe there is room for that kind of play minus the dying part. Here's an example https://replay.battlebay.net/NKNDBGHQ#NHPVSLXN

The thing is that it's hard to find teammates who understand what I'm doing and can keep up enough pressure for it to work. Anyone else fight up close and personal with speeder who has any tips?

KINGIVANOV and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  2. KINGIVANOV

KINGIVANOV Well-Known Member

Teenager
    I play both speeder and enforcer. And while they are very different, they are also very similar strategically. As a yellow boat, your three main jobs are going to be harassment, distraction, and assassination.
    Harassment: Popping in and out, while taking no damage, heavily or even slightly damaging opponents, but as soon as their turrets are facing your way, you better get out of there.
    Distraction: Making he enemies waste shots on you, while your teammates are the damage dealers. This is different between enforcers and speeders. In a speeder, I will wait until the enemy is engaged in a long range fight with my team, then loop around the back and get out, (note, this strategy, does not work well on chill zone, crash and burn, and too a lesser degree, dropdead gorge.) or you can make large east-west passes while using overboost and nitro. In an enforcer, you dance to distract, and for mortars, use Tesla shield or nitro.
    Assassination: When an enemy is heavily damaged, it is your job as a yellow, to pursue the death of that opponent, often in the process, the enemy will be very protective, especially if their teammate is a fixer, so you have to be careful not to kill yourself in the process.

With a short range setup, (grenade, carronade, etc.) you have to MAKE SURE your team is already engaged with the unfriends, otherwise, congratulations you have just committed your ship to go to the bottom. I would know, usually I play grenade, blast, flare.

Anyway, that’s my tips, what do you think @TheAntiSnipe I learned a lot of this from you.

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I play a really in-yo-face form of speeder when I'm not pushing infamy, and my tip is that you should balance that style whenever possible. Sure you can get into a knot of enemies, tag and execute one and get out. But you must follow a half-dive fulldive system. What is that?

First, you half-dive. At this point, you're waiting for every single yellow you have to cool down. And the only thing you've committed is vision. You see the targets, note their weapons and their cooldowns. You note your HP and evaluate whether you can afford to fulldive.

Then, you fulldive, if you can. You dive into the offensive, and set down your chips. If your halfdive was incorrect, you've lost before you've begun. That's the short guide, tell me if you need any help in the finer details. I've comfortably made my season top of 3720 infamy with these tactics.

Good luck!