1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Me? AND P0rthos?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by super_sonic181, 24 May 2018.

?

What do you think of me?

1. I can be like P0rthos (except Voice and live streaming)

2. Not a Chance!

3. It depends(I'm leaving a comment below)

4. I don;t knnow

Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. super_sonic181

super_sonic181 Well-Known Member

Hey guys i know you guys must got attracted by the thread name so let me clear this out!
    First of all I'm not saying, i'm comparable to P0rthos! in any way so chill! Next, i'm not even saying i stand next to him either!
    What i'm saying is that you guys are out there to judge me out! What you guys really think of Me! Recently(Not actually recently) i'm using P0rthos Weapon setup and learning alot from his Gameplay!
    So i'll leave few game play vids down here so you can judge!
    1)
    2)
    3)

UPDATE 3.0 : About this update! i really want to make vids cause i survived a hell longer than any teammates and Damm! My Defender! i won 8/12 battles with my Defender in DEATHMATCH! But to be honest DeathMatch is lagging alot and when i try to record anything it's even worse! In those 8 battles i died like Once-or-twice max only! Hope they fix this asap! But i'll try mmy best to get my new Defender Vid to you guys if you like it!
    @TheAntiSnipe @Gnu @TheFixer27 @HARPO! @SeaNavy

2. Bradley Thorinsson

Bradley Thorinsson Well-Known Member

*Proceeds to make a thread & poll comparing himself to P0rthos*

images (37).jpeg

3. super_sonic181

Hey i'm not comparing yet! I'm not asking that WHO"S BETTER? I'm ASKING Can i be like him?
    There's a huge difference between this two Sentences!

4. Sifa

Sifa Well-Known Member

Sorry but huge part of his videos was his excellent commentary. There are thousands of battle bay videos with background music but only very few have commentary even nearly as good as P0rthos had.

5. super_sonic181

Totally Agreed! But here i'm asking about Gameplay? What do you think?

6. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    I think you should be inspired by P0rthos, but not try to BE like him. But here's the basic YouTube checklist.

VIDEO

RESOLUTION/BITRATE: GOOD - 720p is fair for mobile gameplay, and there is little viewing issues with bitrate, nice!
    FRAMERATE: BAD - not sure what device you use, or if DU screen recorder just playing tricks on you, but the framerate on those videos is unwatchable to me. Look into changing some settings like bitrate to free up those sweet frames. Or use a different app, like mobizon.

(Also, mobizen has a "clean recording" option that gets rid of that annoying watermark in the corner)

AUDIO

MUSIC: GOOD - Quite a few people use classical music in their BB videos, but I still love it :) always choose your favorite genre of music to make your channel your own. (Also beware copyright audio/music later on)
    OTHER: voice commentary REALLY helps to give character to your channel and videos, P0rthos became the voice of BB for awhile using commentary.
    If you dont have a good mic or dont want to use your voice, then look into "text to speech" options. They are always fun to use ;)

OTHER

THUMBNAILS: OK - You use custom thumbnails sometimes, which is good. I noticed some of your thumbnails are a copy and paste of other peoples thumbnails, this is NOT good. Chances are, you dont have to worry about copyright on YouTube thumbnails, but most creators don't like it when others take their artwork/design for themselves.
    20180524_133027.jpg
    20180524_133046.jpg
    In that video you mentioned P0rthos, so that's not as bad.

But other than that, you are doing well. Keep going at it, find your niche and dont give up.

Also, Tubebuddy is amazing. You should use it if you use the chrome browser.

7. super_sonic181

Yeah i'm trying my best to get rid of that ! But the Problem is Everytime i try to change settings things go worst:(! But i'll try my best to get rid of that!
    Oh okay! I'll do that then!:)
    [QUOTE}I noticed some of your thumbnails are a copy and paste of other peoples thumbnails, this is NOT good[/QUOTE}
    Well, Yeah many have complained about this ! So i promise i won't use/copy anyone's thumbnail!

Maybe that's why 'm using a bandage;)

8. super_sonic181

Captain Gilligan likes this.
  9. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Try using different setups and stuff.

10. super_sonic181

Then what makes me seems so inspiring about him?
    Well, when anyone get inspired by someone they want to be like him, most of the time!
    And I'm not gonna change my Red Weapon Setup whereas in blue i'm gonna stick another bandage when i reach Mk6!
    If you look at my Defender vids! then you'll find that i wanted to be like him! just slightly different but not totally

11. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    Completely copying gets boring though, inspiring and imitating are different.

super_sonic181 likes this.
  12. super_sonic181

That's why i'm using Bandages! Back then having 13k HP was too tough! but not now! So i can heal and attack at the same time!