1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

matchmaking

Discussion in 'Bugs, Issues & Inquiries' started by Vigoorian, 7 Dec 2018.

1. Vigoorian

Vigoorian New Member

when they fix the match -.-?

Attached Files:

2. Rogue Blueberry

Rogue Blueberry Well-Known Member

Are you captain lvl50? Because that's one of the main things event mm goes off of.

Also hey, thats @envylife !

3. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I've been in a lot of unbalanced matches like that lately... many worse than those above. Prior to the recent releases Rovio used to do a good job balancing ship type side to side, but they seemed to have thrown that algorithm in the trash for unknown reasons. If you believe that's a problem, you'll want to speak up about it. IMO the ships are too different to pretend it's ok to put 5 fixers on one side and 5 shooters on the other.

4. MiracleMax

MiracleMax Member

Matchmaking gets extremely retarded now. I've been in games with 3 fixers/2 shooters vs 5 shooters and games with 4 speeders/1 shooter vs 3 defenders/2 shooters

5. MiracleMax

MiracleMax Member

3 fixers vs 3 shooters Screenshot_2018-12-08-20-53-51.png

6. envylife

Couple of my most recent matches illustrating both boat and Gear Score imbalance:

Fixer+3Shooters+Defender vs Interceptor+3Speeders+Shooter. Not balanced at all, but was actually a competitive match, 9-8.

3Shooters+Intereptor+Defender vs 3Shooters+Interceptor+Speeder. Balanced right? Ha I wish. Unfriends had a fleeted pair of 13k Gear Score players while our entire team was 9-10k. And no, Unfriends had no one under 9k either, so Gear Score imbalance between sides was a good 5k. computers know maths, no?

7. MiracleMax

MiracleMax Member

Computers don't know math anymore, sad .. 2 more retarded matchings all fixers on one side and all shooters on the other side Screenshot_2018-12-09-09-21-07.png

Attached Files:

8. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

I've never had huge issues with matchmaking, but lately it's been getting more and more messy. It just doesn't make sense anymore (I know most posts in this thread are about boats unbalance, but I'm not gonna make a whole new thread about the issue).

Game results:
    Screenshot_20181209-165428.jpg

My question: How can matchmaker put these two players in the same match?
    Screenshot_20181209-165432.jpg
    Screenshot_20181209-165442.jpg

We haven't heard about the event matchmaker from devs for a very long time already, so can only assume.

#1 GS matching that was originally used in event matchmaker process, that was most likely recently scrapped.. If that's the case, how in the hell can you put those two players together? 5k gs difference...
    #2 Capitan level matchmaking.. I'm level 49. Everybody around me is level 50. There aren't any other level 49 players playing anymore?

I don't have answers to the questions, but can tell the event matchmaker has been really inconsistent lately.

9. envylife

Once you are Captain Level 49 that green-lights EventMatchmaker(tm) to put you up against the top players in the world, no matter what boat or items you bring to battle. Matchmaking is based on Captain Level. Whales love it, and the rest of us are supposed to suck it up and be the seals.