1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Matchmaking

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by RiloKiley, 17 Nov 2017.

1. RiloKiley

RiloKiley New Member

At first I was LOVING the matchmaking system. In the first day after the update I shot up from a struggling 1400 infamy to 1800... Then past two days have been nothing but losses. I'm at 1200 infamy now!
    Which leads me to wonder, what exactly causes my matchups? It seems like my opponents have infinitely stronger weapons than I do.
    I'm ftp rocking epics at level 10 and my opponents will have 2 or 3 tier epic weapons, legendary weapons and/or multiple rare at tier 4+.
    Say my teammates and I don't work well together, that will account for some of my losses for sure. However, when I do half the damage of my opponents but hit them 4 times more than they manage to hit me... there's a problem!!! And how is it possible that I was matched up with people who don't mesh w/me for around 30 battles in a row? There's definitely more to the story...

Am I not skilled enough to have past 1200 infamy?
    I've been 1600 for the past few weeks for a while, losing a little under half of my battles. Now I lose 10 out of 11. The game isn't fun anymore!

Maybe some clarity on this new matchmaking system may help. Anyone know what does it? Would be awesome to be matched with people who have similar weapon strength as me. A fair fight is all I'm asking for.

2. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

Thats not what is calculated while match making because there is option to buy better gear. Match making is based on infamy and now boats mk level so they say. But if you are encountering stronger weapons means you have maxed out at your infamy you need to upgrade your gear in order to progress. You will not be able to reach 2k+ with mk4 now a days.

Mr. Chompers and -SeeKnDeStRoY- like this.
  3. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

Not too fond of matchmaking. I dropped from 3480 to 2700 right when update came out. I was outperforming multiple 5k+ infamy players in some battles before and now only way I can win is if I use my lower mk ship (Yes you heard right)

Not sure what the deal is but I don't really care for this game anymore. Great game but poorly developed

4. Stalie

Stalie Member

Well said, agree fully with your comment.
    Played many top level games before battle bay and not seen this many updates and issues.
    Even the silly ads we have to watch in game are rather disappointing.

5. Kean

Kean Member

I was matched with some guys a few level up against me...how can I battle with the big boy with each weapon has like 800-900 damages...damn you!

6. CaptNasty

CaptNasty New Member

Tired of matches with 2 fixers on the other team while we do not have a fixer... Oh and I am matched with a bunch of noobs with low DPS weapons. #nochance #wheredidmyinfamygo

Mamamyers likes this.
  7. Head Zilla

Head Zilla Member

I have 2k infamy , i was in team with GenkiGamers, he is on 3.2k infamy ... i didnt took ss but ...lmao
    updates :p

8. Riddlerpaji

Riddlerpaji Active Member

From 3.6 to 2.7k . Not intentionally.

RiloKiley likes this.
  9. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I haven't noticed any changes in Ace league match making. Still fighting mk7s with my level 40 rares. At 3.6k, I thought I'd get more matches with people around 3.6- 3.8k. But no, Ace got no chill.

Evilchicken235 likes this.
  10. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

But, I have to admit that new system is doing better job at distributing equal number of Ace noobs and nightmare legends on both sides.

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  11. Vile Kyle

Vile Kyle Member

I don't mind losing a lot its a fun game to me but when I see the match up like you describe it makes me wanna just leave the match cuz my team never wins or even has a chance.

12. Evilchicken235

Evilchicken235 Well-Known Member

CSIE Student
    71F9A265-5E58-402C-AEC9-1D9AF0DEBBA2.png Yeah something definitely changed.
    Went from 4k - 4.5k in quite a short time.

-SeeKnDeStRoY- likes this.
  13. -SeeKnDeStRoY-

-SeeKnDeStRoY- Member

1. A fair fight with same level ships and weapons is impossible, especially if we are trying to raise our infamy level. There must be a certain level where things become more difficult. If we are to expect fair fight all the time, then a real skilled mk2 or mk3 can also reach nightmare league because their opponent will always be same ship tier and weapons.
    2. I think the matchmaking is influenced a lot by ship tier after the update. This is definitely a disaster for infamy droppers. But it is only well suited for low ship tier like mine (mk1-mk4).
    And then higher infamy players would complain. I think this is because the range of strength between higher infamy level players are enormous.
    For example with captain level 31 you can get a mk5 but some players who play a long time and reach captain level 39 are still having a mk5. It is same mk5 but with different strength. That's why matchmaking based on infamy is better-suited for higher level players. But MM based on ship tier is better-suited for lower level players.
    It is just my personal opinion.

Cheers

14. -SeeKnDeStRoY-

-SeeKnDeStRoY- Member

And as a mk4, I like this matchmaking system. It is more balanced for me. I once met where the unfriends has 2 fixers while we have none. But that was because those fixers are in fleet together. That is once. The other time I find the matchmaking is more balance. Almost same ship tier all the time, except when a mk5 decide to get in fleet with a mk1. Problem should be on that particular mk5.

15. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    That's a load of bs
    Mk2 in my 2k infamy match up the other day

16. Mamamyers

Loser
    Same me and paccdaddy been loyal we been not playing much and I don't really care too. The greed's got too much

What's funny is they say the pearl gifts in Raffles are hurtinf them. I'd say the countless people who refuse to spend money that they use to Al the time on this game is why. Because of certain issues that make people not want to fund Bb

Ovidmikel and Joey who like this.
  17. Mamamyers

Loser
    Went from 2400 to 1600 F that. And I got punished for it lol doing 8-10k damage each time and my team doing 1k.
    Sorry only so much I can do

baysider likes this.
  18. Shadow Moon!

Shadow Moon! Well-Known Member

That is because they used under leveled ship check out their main ship must be a mark 5.
    You cannot control anyone if they are intent on losing bad luck to have such team mates.

19. Mamamyers

Loser
    I know this but just like if you tried to Fleet with someone too high of infamy it doesn't let you. It should not let you get into a batch at a certain infamy with a certain level ship

Cyn likes this.
  20. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

People playing to work quests are using under-leveled ships and equipment, and hoping for the best, knowing that their teammates will have to carry them. I've seen it in quite a few games. Sometimes its been in my favor. The way that the quests are functioning has also encouraged some people to tank, since it makes it easier for them to work quests at lower infamy. Its been frustrating. I've been trying to gauge though, how often it works against me and for me. I do think that it equals out over time. But its infuriating to go on a decent run, only to get end up on a string battles where your teammates are using tier one common or uncommon weapons, or ships that are two or three MK levels lower than what they should be playing with. Does that guy bringing in an MK2 enforcer into a match with all MK5's really think his team is going to have a good chance to carry him to a win?