1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Matchmaking Issues

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by CheekyDevilGod, 10 Aug 2017.

1. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

Is it just me and a few people I know or did everybody suddenly lose nearly 400 infamy and find it harder than it used to be?. Something seems off, it seems more screwed up than usual.

behumble likes this.
  2. Stelmo

Stelmo Well-Known Member

I'm just seeing loads of nightmare league players down at 3400ish, don't know if they're dropping on purpose but it's pretty damn annoying having them ranked lower than me in matches.

behumble likes this.
  3. Biffter

Biffter Active Member

Yep..I've lost 600 infamy in the past few days. I've mentioned my reasoning in other threads..but I'll add it here too.

I use mk4 shooter with tier2 weapons apart from 1 tier3 cannon and made it to 2030 but dropped to 1400. In the majority of my losses..there was a mk5/6 doing 800-900 damage before dying. A LOT of players are intentionally dropping infamy this way to avoid floating detection because they know the amount they can drop before rewards stop. This is the cause of people complaining about matchmaking imo..matchmaking based on infamy SHOULD work..but it's higher tiered players who are manipulating it which is causing the problem. Mk4 at 400 infamy??..mk5/6 at 1400??..they're not underperforming..they're blatantly manipulating infamy because they know how far they can go to farm quicker rewards without being reported for floating.
    Start game..do minimal damage..die..hit X and start again and so on.
    Maybe infamy drop limit should be reduced?.. this way we'd all have a chance of climbing the infamy ladder..without higher tiered players greasing the rungs.
    Note..THIS kind of thing happens mostly when the new season starts..and on the last day of the season. During the middle..they play to win to level out their infamy so as to not drop too low.

behumble likes this.
  4. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    I feel like its been a lot worse lately. Or I just suck. I dont get it, ill have more damage then both teams by a long shot. And my team will have like 400. I think im having really bad luck with teams.

behumble likes this.
  5. Zangetsu

Zangetsu Well-Known Member

Can't relate, I've hit my highest ever so far this season.

6. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

It's just people spending more money on the game. It's only going to get harder for f2p as time goes by.

xxxBISMARCKxxx likes this.
  7. CheekyDevilGod

I agree but all this didn't happen 1 day at a time, I suddenly got hit by a 11 game losing streak and anither losijg streak, lost 400 infamy OVERNIGHT and couldn't even get back into 1.3k infamy

It's been 3 days and no luck, like 1.3k is the best I can do. There's a sudden burst in the number of mk5s and floaters yes, I suppose that is a factor.

If more people started spending I'd be losing infamy 1 day at a time, not overnight. I wish some moderator would look into this, I've never had it this bad before.

Mamamyers and behumble like this.
  8. behumble

behumble Well-Known Member

Ok thank you so much for this post, ive been going through the same damn thing.
    Started at 3k infamy and now cant even get out of 2300, my battle log looks like Christmas!
    Its frustrating. Especially when my team mates are just god awful, fleets arent even helping

I figure the issue is similar to what @Stelmo said, or actually the opposite i mean.
    A lot of players that dropped earlier in the season are now coming back up to get to their highest.

We are just caught in the crossfire i guess

Shadow Moon! likes this.
  9. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

I think what you guys are experiencing is the shift of power going downwards. This is due to the large I flux of players (both paid and f2p). The more people there are, the more people there will be down the infamy ladder. Realistically at this point they should rework infamy and have Nightmare at 9k+ rather than 4k+.
    Look at the stats of players. The past few weeks have sky-rocketed.
    Screenshot_20170811-134234.png

10. EyeOfDoom

We also have to consider that the game has been out for long enough for an average Joe to get an Mk5. So it's not surprising to see mk5s below 1500. They might be shit players but nothing's stopping them from upgrading ships and I think mk4 to mk5 is the biggest jump in ship capabilities. So yeah, mk4 will always struggle against mk5 no matter how bad mk5 player is.

11. xxxBISMARCKxxx

xxxBISMARCKxxx Well-Known Member

I'm really happy there are more players I feel this is the key to getting 5v5 premades available

12. EyeOfDoom

Or not add anything because playbase is growing anyway. I'm gonna take an educated guess and say that they're probably working on some other projects in the pipeline.

Last edited: 11 Aug 2017
  13. CheekyDevilGod

It's not as simple mate

It's not just a huge increase in gamers, it's a huge increase in floaters cheaters, wallet warriors with less skills and apparently a huge number of ships upgrading to mk5 suddenly and still haven't gotten the hang of it and are still in the process of climbing infamy.

If this is natural then it's fine and time will make things right. It's just that I want to know for sure that nobody's deliberately losing or people who did drop intentionally are suddenly climbing. It appears that floaters have found a way around the anti seal clubbing algorithms.

Babablacksheep and Biffter like this.
  14. CheekyDevilGod

I may or may not have a solution but nobody will like it, however it will work practically speaking but I doubt if I should waste my time explaining it considering how the admins nor devs would actually bother even responding.

15. retryW

retryW Well-Known Member

It's a pretty simple fix. Extend the Infamy ladder. The fact that mk3 and mk4s are only approximately 10-20 wins away from Mk1s is silly. Push it out and the ladder will slowly even out again.

behumble likes this.
  16. CheekyDevilGod

We have mk6 ships which are at 300 infamy now. This solution was already suggested and ignored, this seems to be such a simple fix to implement thought, the player base has essentially gone bigger by a huge amount so we desperately do need a bigger infamy gap. @Miika @Bennunator @Zeus, please tell us if the devs recognize the issue, and please don't say your data says there is no issue, it just keeps getting worse day in and out.

It appears there are more mk4-6s below the 1k infamy level than there are above it.

17. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Could you show me the simple math how to accomplish this? Any scaling of the numbers does not change the distribution.

Sorry but that's quite nonsensical hyperbole. The average infamies for different ship tiers during previous 30 days have been:
    Mk1: 192
    Mk2: 326
    Mk3: 558
    Mk4: 1137
    Mk5: 2289
    Mk6: 3562
    Mk7: 3807

Last edited: 12 Aug 2017
  18. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

This seems like a good distro to me. We'll always notice the outliars.

19. CheekyDevilGod

Currently the infamy cap I believe is set at 4k infamy, Every season, nightmare league players beat the poop out of each other and end up getting reset back to square 1.

And every season, players get better and better, manage to rise in higher and higher infamy, warrior to master, master to ace and ace to nightmare and then new player join in to fill the void left by players promoted to warrior.

When a new season starts and nightmares are reset to 4k infamy, you have experienced nightmares who have been obtaining nightmare league benefits and probably higher level equipment and skills sharing the same spot as aces who very recently got into nightmare.

Obviously no guarantee that they'll stay nightmare or perform as well which results in them losing infamy and dropping, these aces will be matched with other aces who weren't skillful enough to reach nightmare by skills or items and they'll end up losing too. (Yes I know that nightmares are already matched with aces but do you get my point?)

This continues as an endless cycle and the worst hit players would be the newbies who just started playing, they keep losing and some end up quitting.

You have like 5 million players stuffed into a gap of 4k infamy, more and more players will join the game but the 4k reset cap remains the same.

When more and more players are stuffed into the same range of infamy then reaching higher infamy becomes more and more harder. This is especially true in the below 600 range as most of them are just learning how to play.

Remove the reset cap and the 5 million players are much more spread out which would make it easier for the lower level players to win and get decent infamy AT THE START. Mind you it won't make a difference for the higher level players at all, but people who love the game will stay and people who quit will quit.

I can deal with it and so can my peers, you cannot however expect the same from newbies, beginners and other people who just started 2 weeks ago and don't need to get hit in the face with players like those. If they do, a majority will quit the game.

If you see the player base as something that is constant and unchanging with the same number of players, no increase or decrease then you are right, however please do note that the player base is currently undergoing a rapid increase and will continue to do so unless you end up with so many players that people can't get past 300 infamy without going through 2 seasons worth of losing streaks and I'm not sure hiw many are actually capable of going through that much for a game they don't enjoy playing cause they always keep losing.

Finally, what you mentioned about the average infamy for the past 30 days is infact the AVERAGE (Yes I'm sorry for overexaggerating when I said over half of them are below 1k) meaning there are SEVERAL mk4s below 1k and some as far down as warrior level and again I'm sorry for overexaggerating but that does not change the fact that we have a serious issue which needs to be fixed.

Sorry for the long post and I sincerely hope you took the time to read it, please point out if I was wrong and please TELL US what issues the devs have in fixing this instead of ignoring our rants and whines so me and the rest of the community reading this can atleast try and help you lot make OUR game better.

Thank you.

20. JDAR

JDAR Active Member

What app was that?