1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Matchmaking is Definitely Bugged

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Evilchicken235, 26 Nov 2017.

1. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    The BIGGEST issue that has plagued Matching-making since the beginning has been the lack of equal infamy on each team.

Take MANY of these posts for example, there are countless teams made up of 4 equal infamy players, and 1 infamy beast.

Technically it's fair, because the total infamy is at least similar to the opposing team.

But let's just take a wild guess who will get 3 stars if anyone? Could it possibly be the person who had legions more infamy??

This IS NOT fair. It's completely unfair for those 3-4 players, because no matter what they do, they will never contribute as much as the other 1-2.

I know this has always been a problem for me since I've been past 3k infamy. I'm not sure about other infamy ranges though.

2. craz¥burd

craz¥burd Well-Known Member

I guess I understand both sides. The main issue is that 5k+ players have weapons that will make minced meat of 3k players. There needs to be a league beyond nightmare.....for the 4500+ players only? Would that work? :rolleyes:

3. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    That would unlikely fix anything. I agree that there needs to be another higher league, but it wouldn't change the fact that 3k infamy players are playing with 5k+ infamy players.

4. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Basically, Nightmare needs more players, or it isn't going to be fixed.

5. D3X

D3X Well-Known Member

It will never be fixed. There are more nightmare players since moths ago, almost double, the problem is. The Pay 2 Win aspects are pulling the best Nightmare players farther ahead than most. Mid 5k to 6k pkayers, and guess who those players are and how they create lopsided matches.

6. Flazor

Flazor New Member

So as we all obviously know, the system figured that adding the 1600 guy and his fleet, it would balance the match based off overall infamy and ship build. But as active playing devs you would assume they KNOW the gameplay mechanics. I'm guessing this was an unexpected impact from the latest changes/update and either will adjust or have adjusted it already.
    I'm not seeing as many horribly bad matches as often as i was mid-season, but I am sure that they will return.
    I sometimes wonder if half the player base is debuffed for a half season , then the other half debuffed for a half.
    I also wonder if these matchups are set up to help deliver on the 50% win/loss ratio spoken of. The chance to win a horrible matchup is still there, as in, it could happen, uncommon to rare in occurrence, but it happens...
    If you drop a top player or 2 in a match they should never be in, versus lower players you almost gaurantee "minus the chance" a certain win based off the numbers.

7. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Screenshot_2017-12-06-08-53-28-399_com.rovio.battlebay.png This seems to be a fair matchup... NOT.
    I guess one could argue because I was fleeting but come on.

baysider likes this.
  8. Tawny Rae

Tawny Rae New Member

E76592D3-8EDE-4901-9166-905092C7DE85.jpeg
    Yup! Here we go again! How does someone with health of 950 play with ones with 3000 guess who is left by themselves and then attacked mercilessly :(

Attached Files:

9. TheAntiSnipe

Mk4 at that infamy with that much armor? Fleet up with my second account, youre doing something wrong.

10. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

9CC9D91D-688E-48D4-BFD5-720F71652D13.jpeg Not gonna complain about anything but wanted to share this game that I had 2 weeks back. +10 infamy for a win and that tells how imbalance that match was. +/-18 infamy isn’t rare with the matchmaking nowadays but +10 infamy is the lowest I have ever seen.

Kalbs and Riddlerpaji like this.
  11. TheAntiSnipe

I think we all know who the MVP on your team was. And if it was who I think it was, damn.

12. Jasper21

Jasper21 Active Member

:rolleyes:

13. rock3r

rock3r New Member

well it shouldn't be based heavily on infamy anyways, that is just plain stupid. u can be a level 5-10 and have 400+ infamy BUT your ship and weapons are junk at that point. there is no reason that a level 10-19 should be playing with level 20-29's. there are more than enough players to battle with. battle bay, u need to fix this now. i'm tired of getting low level players on my team that cant provide the help we need. your infamy doesn't tell a complete story of the skills or dedication of the player. i get put on teams that lose a lot even tho i do my part, but my infamy says different. use your brains BB, this should have been balanced a long time ago. match players levels and ships entering battle along with infamy . . .

14. Tawny Rae

Tawny Rae New Member

Really appreciate it - I will. Thank you!!!

15. kurdish bndo

kurdish bndo Active Member

matchmaking is fixed all thoese battles are 1 battle/100 normall battle
    if you are losing infamy this mean your team (including you ) didnt play well or done something suicide and it didnt went well or just dont know how to play
    rovio can not and shouldnt fix that

16. Disguised

Disguised Well-Known Member

Yeah, the tier 2 legendary Tesla Shield gives it away.

17. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

Screenshot_2017-12-10-03-31-34-806_com.rovio.battlebay.png
    OMG why am I getting matched up with players higher than me :( rovio pls fix this I should be match only with players lower than me :'(

18. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

For real though, matchmaking got worse and representatives of rovio are keeping their mouth shut about this lol

19. ThatOnion

ThatOnion Well-Known Member

Gamer
    All y'all complaining about nightmare, but my mini be like: Screenshot_20171209-195252.jpg

20. Kalbs

Kalbs Well-Known Member

I created a mini as well. The 3500+ range match making was getting absurd. Either team will get a top player, it's so lopsided.