1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Matchmaking from HELL

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Flint, 8 Apr 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Why do I play that high with a low level ship? Don't we all play games to win? So, I am wrong according to you, because I am competitive? In everything I do I try my best, does that make my life easier, no, but it does makes it far more interesting than resting on my laurels. In life if you want to achieve something, then you have to work for it.

Sure I can lower my Infamy and win much more, but then again my Infamy will rise, so there is only one thing I can do to follow your advise and that is play bad or float.

You say they are playing smart? Have you read the fair play rule here in the forum? They don't play smart: THEY CHEAT.

And let that be the thing I hate most.

2. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

Matchmaking was never been that bad, just relax and gather some good equipments and talents. and if you are ready enough then go for it. Rushing has never been a good thing. Trust me rushing your infamy is gonna stress you out. So relax and let the talents grow and equipments stronger :).

HeroicBubbles and Kitterini like this.
  3. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I do like a challenge, but my point is that the difference is too big. And the problem is if you do your utmost best you get punished by getting the high level boat players who cheat, don't care or just don't play that well. I have no problem with if a battle is balanced, so in our battle 2x mk2s and the other none. Don't forget a mk5 and mk6 has 2 more weapons and 1 blue slot more.

And look at WickedDuck post, that is just unbalanced, if they had the same ships on either side, then there is no problem. But maybe that is down to fleeting, which messes up the matchmaking quite often, especially in low level boats with high Infamy.

So, I should have place my concerns in another thread about matchmaking instead.

4. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Dear Devs,

If everybody agrees, then close this thread. It should have been placed in another one about how fleeting messes up the matchmaking.

Because often the matchmaking is way off, because of the fleeting. It happens when low level boats with high Infamy fleet together, but also with a mk3, or mk4 who fleets with a mk5.

5. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

6. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Can you place your comment in the other thread, take a look at the link. As you might have read I suddenly thought the fleeting is the problem in our cases. So, check it out.

Or did you quit altogether?

7. PhoenixLife

PhoenixLife Well-Known Member

Videogames
    If u can't level up to get higher MK then u need to learn to play

8. CoolDownHSNA

CoolDownHSNA Well-Known Member

Student
    Pls stop complaining about matchmaking...

This, my friends, is all you need to shut up people who complain about unfair matches, especially the last battle in my video. Just proves how a good player rarely gets affected!

9. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

You present it if the battles has been won because of you, the others did their bit as well. It was a team effort and all of you did well!

And your battles are evenly balanced:
    First battle:
    Friends
    mk5 - mk5 - mk4 - mk4 - mk2 = total of 20 mk
    Unfriends
    mk5 - mk5 - mk4 - mk3 - mk3 = total of 20 mk

Second battle:
    Friends
    mk4 - mk4 - mk4 - mk4 - mk2 = total of 18 mk

Unfriends
    mk5 - mk5 - mk4 - mk2 - mk2 = total of 18 mk

Now look at mine
    Friends
    mk6 - mk6 - mk5 - mk5 - mk2 = total of 24 mk

Unfriends
    mk5 - mk5 - mk5 - mk5 - mk4 = total of 24 mk

The difference is only 2, but on one team 2x mk2s and the other only mk5s and 1x mk4. The difference it too big.

And look at WickedDuck, his match is even worse:
    His team
    mk5 - mk5 - mk4 - mk3 - mk1 = total of 18 mk

Them
    mk 5 - mk5 - mk4 - mk4 - mk4 = total of 22 mk

So, his team had 4 mk difference. So, his team was way weaker than the opposing team. That is not the case in your battles.

The matchmaking was unbalanced in my case and WickedDuck, because of fleeting. That messes up the matchmaking, so you get stronger ships on one team, than on the other team. If you read my latter thread, then you will see the cause. I am not complaining if both team have the same teams, so 4x mk5 and 1x mk2 (which is me). But not 2x mk2 is in one team and only mk5 and mk4 (or mk6) in the other).

I also have won battle where I was the only mk2 and the rest was mk5, as long as the teams are evenly balanced, I don't mind. Although I hate to be killed in just 1 shot and I have to hit them 20-30 times to sink them.

10. CoolDownHSNA

CoolDownHSNA Well-Known Member

Student
    I am not talking about the total MK of the team. That doesn’t always guarantee a loss, and I have been in a game with us having 22 total MK and unfriends having a total of only 18 MK and they still won, partly because of a double kill using a mine by one of the unfriends, but still.

I mean that, a MK2 having to fight MK5’s; you can’t say that is fair. Not only am I a MK2, but I am a MK2 Speeder, which makes life horrendous! So, if you get a team with no floaters or people who are actually good, it doesn’t really matter (I am not saying it makes ZERO effect, I am saying it makes MINIMAL effect)!

11. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

True, but there you say something 'if you get a team who are actually good'. A good team makes all the difference. But we have lost from teams which were much weaker on paper than us, but they still won, because the mk5s in our team did 2x less damage than I did on my own with my mk2 and 200 damage weapons. I rather have you in my team, than a mk5 who cannot hit anything or just does not care.

But if both team are equally skilled and you are the only mk2 in a match with 9 mk5s, then your team is going to lose.

12. Capitan Defender

Capitan Defender Well-Known Member

defender's heaven fields
    Look...low tier ships must fight each other...not low tier ships to die from mk5 ship or above...and stop thinking machmaking is "balanced"...is not,and it will never be..so...CoolDownHSNA,stop saying is balanced(if u think so...how bout 3mk6 and 2 mk2 vs all mk5...plus the mk6 players had a leggie)fair?think again

Flint likes this.
  13. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

I think you are right. Best is just to play the all of the same ships or like mk1 - mk3 can be in one battle, but mk4 already has 1 weapon more. A little overlap is not too bad, but mk5 and mk6, the difference is too big. I am hiding a lot, but most of the time just 1 shot and I am dead. Even when my neighbour a couple of meters got hit by a torpedo and I was dead also. These torpedos did 2000 damage and I have 1200 hp. And a epic blast cannon t3 or t4 with 4 perks fitted can kill me in just 1 shot.

And that is frustrating. I do like a good fight, one which make your heart pound faster, but if it is only me left and on the other side 2x mk4 or 2x mk5s, then there is no chance I win. I have to hit them 20-40 times, depending it is a full on hit or not.

14. Fiorell

Fiorell Active Member

You will loose 50% of your matches. And this was one of the matches you lost.
    Show me 100 other unfair matchups you got and then you can complain. I also often get teams consisting of bad players or with mediocre ships/gear (guys with gray items at 2000+ infamy). So what. Next time you will have a fair matchup or even your opponents are weaker. There is NO algorithm to solve the problem of matchmaking 100% every time.

15. Flint

Flint Well-Known Member

Actually I think the matchmaking has improved, but I did not say in this thread the matchmaking is always that bad either. I think you did not read all my post, because these unbalanced matches are the cause of fleeting. I should have posted this in an older thread of my about fleeting affecting the matchmaking.

If two low end boats with a mk1 or mk2 and one or both players have a high Infamy, than there is a big chance the matchmaking is unbalanced. It happens quite often. So, it is not down to the normal matchmaking, but the fleeting which can mess it up.

16. Stonebanks

Stonebanks Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.