1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

DevReply Match Making Getting Even Worst in Every Update

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by The Friendly Fixer, 22 Feb 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kcfiret8

Kcfiret8 New Member

I feel bad because my skills aren’t quite to their level and it seems like I’m always behind.

2. _devill

_devill Well-Known Member

Agreed. I'm not the best player out there. I could also have complained about matchmaking but what good will that do? I try to carry when my team sucks. Sometimes it works, most of the time it's doesn't. And when my team carries me I work with them, again most of the time.

Whenever someone complains matchmaking is bad most of the forum members will agree including me. And a lot of them will suggest the same thing, keep playing and you will climb in infamy. There will be streaks, win or lose, but eventually it all goes back to where it's supposed to be. This game has slow progression and it takes time to capitalize on that.

3. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Not true. I know for a fact that generally I'm good. In fact I'm top 5th percentile. Anyone who wants to know where they stack up can just reference Miika's handy dandy gearscore vs infamy chart.

[​IMG]
    Of course I might've been bad in any given match. But generally I'm good. Other people can figure that out too now that Miika's given us the data. Insofar as Devil's post, all that indicates is that there are still ways to be better beyond top 5 percent. That's hardly a surprise. I also think that discussing game balance by using top players is a fool's errand. The fact that 1% of players can do what Devil did really doesn't say much about the game experience of... well... everyone.

Shadow Moon! and _devill like this.
  4. CoolDownHSNA

CoolDownHSNA Well-Known Member

Student
    According to that graph, on my main account, I was between 1 and 5%, and on my mini account I am in like the top 13% :(

5. Snapshot

You suck!

OK, more seriously I don't think you can use that data to discuss the infamy landscape months ago. I am utterly certain that major changes in the game have utterly changed things around. The stories that older players tell make that clear. So for your main we'd need a chart from that era.

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. A55A51N

A55A51N Well-Known Member

Student
    Nice chart @Snapshot! So it is gear score divided by infamy right?

7. Snapshot

Not exactly. You plot yourself on the x/y axis then look to see where you fall in the bands. The chart I posted showed my position and you can see that my season high falls on the 5% line. If it falls between them, look at the two numbers and make a guess.

The right-hand axis and the brown line show the ratio of gear score to infamy but it only shows a median so it's not as useful.

A55A51N likes this.
  8. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Gear score can get blurred. In my opinion perks get way too much gear score for the small bonus they give

FearsomeChicken likes this.
  9. Spinners71

Spinners71 Well-Known Member

Exactly

10. Snapshot

Before Rovio made their gear score I had my own spreadsheet because I was trying to get a real number on the power differentials I was seeing. My numbers were very different than Rovio's.

Sure, no generic system like that is ever going to be perfect. But it does give us a rough sketch of how we're doing as compared to our peers. I'm willing to say with some degree of certainty that I am "better than most". Whether or not I'm top 5th percentile is open to debate but upper 50th seems certain.

Da Carronade King likes this.
  11. HeavenEx

HeavenEx New Member

I'm a newbie but I can tell.. Matchmaking is terrible and it's less worse if we are matched against equal players (same level, same gear score) rather than infamy simply because it's pretty annoying to face Mk4 who intentionally lowered theirs. I had like mk1 vs mk4-mk3 situation on 4 out of 10 games and it's truly annoying

12. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

It doesn’t matter how well you do, when the system believes you need to lose, you will lose. I am flyhighone.

Attached Files:

Neptune_Gaming likes this.
  13. Neptune_Gaming

Neptune_Gaming Well-Known Member

Your setup is very different.
    Congrats on doing so much dmg with that
    No sniper!!!
    No 2 slot item!
    wow
    2 standard mortars and 2 grenades??

14. HeavenEx

HeavenEx New Member

At what condition, on winning streaks right?
    And that simply take the fun out of the game, making each battle predictable.
    I mean like seriously, that is the worst matchmaking system I've ever heard.

15. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

Thanks, here are some more... it’s sad that they just won’t admit that they manipulate the win/loss. I mean, about 3k games ago, I tested it out by going in guns blazing for about 40 strait games, dying within 20-sec, yet still, 50/50 win/loss, unbelievable!

Attached Files:

16. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

At least if they were upfront about the manipulation, it would be more tolerable. It’s the deceit that I dislike.

17. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

Any chance my complaining is pissing someone off at Rovio? In almost 6k games, I have never gone down even remotely close to 1k, let alone within 3-days. Same internet connection, same me, something extra-fishy going on! I am flyhighone

Attached Files:

18. Capitan Defender

Capitan Defender Well-Known Member

defender's heaven fields
    U think this is bad(well it is,but there is even wkrse situation)look...i see noobs to say that the game is unfair...so i made a mini acc,and omg mk2 poor players vs mk5 smurfs that think they r op by ruining the experience

It seems rovio doesnt care bout the future of battle bay,coz when we go away and leave the game behind....yes the noobs must take our place...but it seems rovio dont like the noobs...and the defender ship overall...so yea rovio must fix its machmaking now...or it will get so much worse

19. Spartacus

Spartacus Active Member

I hate speculating, but in the absence of an official and complete answer from Rovio, speculation is all that we have. It’s starting to look like they are using the predictive system for aiming/hit, for and against players to ensure the 50/50 ratio.

20. HeavenEx

HeavenEx New Member

After reading the whole thread. I don't wanna play anymore lol. I'm just gonna uninstall it for now. This was such a good type of game.. I hope they plan to fix it. :/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.