1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Man, you people have really done a number on Defender.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Flipscuba, 15 Feb 2019.

1. Boboboh

Boboboh Member

Ehm, do you know that you can just RUN INTO the enemy ship with defender, breaking the "circle" around you? full throttle onward toward the future position of the enemy ship and you can get past them (in case of shooter) or obliging weird maneuvers for speeders. Also, use the AIM/FIRE button to rotate turret faster, OR if they go i.e. clockwise, turn ship counter-clockise to catch them at "next circle".
    YOU MUST DISABLE "rotating camer with ship" toplay rusty-turret-ships, it destroys your eye-catch.
    And always remember, HELP button can get to you some mortars to get rid of that ship. Or just drop mines around you so they must flee.
    No need to change agility/turret rotation, just practice some sailing tricks :D

2. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Thanks man I'll try to keep that in mind... I've only played a few games with Defender.

3. Boboboh

Boboboh Member

You're welcome, I use almost only Def and Fix, now raising the Guardian, so i quite know the "damn slow" feeling :( but can be overcomed.
    BTW, being bulky do not means "go on and shoot", also because defender lost all its defence since that update. Even 20k HP runs out very fast if you get aimed by 2 or 3 ships.
    Slow and steady, watch your waves, do not run into minefields, and possibly have a carronade with you. It's spread makes easy hit to nearby ships, and the slowdown skill allow you to be actually faster than anything without an overboost. The other 2 weapons must be a mine or a long-range whatever (also with slow cooldown) and a mid reload with variable distance, like the evergreen basic Cannon.
    Then you will see Defender can bite harder than any shark around you :cool:

4. Prime Lightning

Prime Lightning Member

You can’t go charging in with big blue anymore. That strategy is dead. But I still see many doing it, and dying quick as a result. Either equip a mid-long range setup or play Guardian. That boat can run circles around Defender. I.E. Grand Paladin.

5. Boboboh

Boboboh Member

I didn't intend to go into enemy FLEET, but against occasional "sharks" that round you in circles. As said before: