1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

makes no sense + news on upcoming updates?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Bunta, 17 Aug 2017.

1. Valfreg

Valfreg New Member

I would love 5 ships fleet or a trainning mode like bunta said, at some point the game gets boring :/. My point of view is that if you join a guild it's because you wanna play with the members of that guild. it would make more sense to play with 5 of them in the same battle in the same side of team. It's just an opinion.

Méndigo likes this.
  2. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

@Zeus It's not possible to bring 5 fleets cause if you can, then the top 5 will fleet and always keep winning right?.

What if, 5 fleet was possible but only in a new game mode where matchmaking is not infamy based. Infact it's completely random and not based on anything at all except fleets.

That means anybody can be teamed with anybody unless you fleet with your friends. This will make sure fleets aren't abused. Also this game mode must be purely for practice alone and must not give any rewards, not even infamy.

This way there's less incentice for playing it, players will play it for the lulz alone if they are bired or tired.

3. Méndigo

Méndigo Member

This guy does know what we needs and he is an experienced player:)

4. Miika

Miika Game Lead

You don't think this would create any "matchmaking sucks" complains if we'd intentionally make a matchmaking that actually genuinely sucks, i.e. gives you total random opponents you have no chance of winning? :)

Captain Gilligan likes this.
  5. CheekyDevilGod

Who's going to enter that match mode without fleeting? Also it's for practice only, nobody's gonna gain anything by winning or lose anything by losing so not many will actually complain about it if they lose.

The only reason I ask for infamy to not be included at all is that if there was a game mode where you can fleet with 4 other players and play, and I know I won't lose infamy if I lose, then I'd never play normal rewarding matches at all.

I'm here for fun see, not to become a pro bber. Dota follows this and it's like a really popular game. You can make the 5 fleet gaming mode option along with the infamy based matchmaking if you want, the no infamy was just my own suggestion.

Infact, this way it's even better, with infamy based matchmaking but no rewards or losses, it's pretty much the normal game mode minis rewards and so you can use it for beta testing new features and see how it practically influences the game using the whole community before adding it into the actual normal game mode (Like 5 fleets or extra queues for nightmares or whatever).

Also, this way you'll have actual tried and tested stats and facts all the time instead of using your professional opinions to shut people like me up. You can give us the "It's been tried and it doesn't work" instead of the "It won't work practically speaking", the previous one would carry more weight and me and the community might actually get off your back instead of trying to press you you see.

Last edited: 28 Aug 2017
    Méndigo likes this.
  6. Miika

Miika Game Lead

I'm pretty sure you wouldn't find it fun to get steamrolled by a high level pro team in seconds, again and again and again, even if the battle wouldn't have any rewards.

But the thing is that we'd really love to have planned 5vs5 in the game. Making a version of that feature we know to be broken does not really take us any closer of having it. Which is why we rather spend our efforts to be able to somehow bring it to the game in a way that actually does work.

7. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

@Miika
    Is adding a "game room" for guilds require additional server slots or it could be implemented into the game itself ?
    i'm guessing it would ?

8. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Could you elaborate a bit more? Do you mean like an empty map where guild members could go shoot each others just for fun?

The Otherguy likes this.
  9. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Yeah an empty map where you can be alone or players get in to train or just do whatever they want.

I don't know if you play some steam games, but some games have what they call a "game room".
    Basically they choose a map layout, how many slots available, if its public or private (private having a password or the one who created the room can accept/decline invites) and they join whenever they want. Just to have fun or to do silly things.

When they create a said, room, I'm pretty sure it uses the server. I would think it's the same in here ?

Rango8 likes this.
  10. CheekyDevilGod

It appears to me that you aren't even completely reading anything I'm typing. I said if practice mode was infamy based too then matchmaking would be fair and then people will stop playing the normal game mode so there must be less incentive to play it.

But yes, if you want it to be fair then okay fine, infamy based it is (within the range of 800 infamy ofc). Now what I'm asking is, is it possible to have the 5 fleet feature if there's a practice mode without any rewards?

The Otherguy likes this.
  11. AoiTenshi

AoiTenshi Member

I think if BB can implement limitation on weapons and ships will be great for guild war or something like that. So players skill who will determine the result of the game

There's alot idea like this on forum already.

12. CheekyDevilGod

Bad idea, if only skilled players can play the win in the game then where would the less skilled players like me do?.

A game needs to find a balance between skill and sheer power, while it is unfair that players have to fight more powerful players to reach the top, it is equally unfair that players must fight more skillful players to reach the top.

Matchmaking is fine as it is, there is no need to change it.

The Otherguy likes this.
  13. Kitterini

Kitterini Well-Known Member

A tournament mode with equalized gear is the dream in terms of gameplay experience. This being a freemium means it will probably not happen though.
    But man, the egos it could crush :)

AoiTenshi, The Otherguy and Stelmo like this.
  14. AoiTenshi

AoiTenshi Member

Well you play as team, and this limit gear are just event like guild war or smthg

CR can do it with their tournament, so lets hope this dream can happen

15. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

The game doesn't have lots of bugs and I do agree but sometimes it does : Can't select items in the column during battle (rare), joystick getting "stuck" as in sometimes the left one won't move or the right one won't shoot until you let go of the aiming and redo the aim (rare as well).

Of course we all want more contents and the devs know it too well.
    Legendary items not delivering their name (beside weapons) = True
    Matchmaking is "good" to be honest.
    Point A and B, I do agree. Lots of the complains are for those.

But I'm pretty sure they will fix a few bugs out and give us something new. It's a development and in between, we have summer vacation so it's understandable it takes some time.
    Better to take time and refine the experience than launch something really quick but having a terrible experience =)

aKifer likes this.
  16. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

Well there is not gonna be a tournament if both sides Are not equal. It is all about coordination and skills when it comes to tournaments

17. SharkTank

SharkTank Active Member

The best game I have ever played on a mobile phone (War Robots) has MM based on level, "infamy" (their version of it), and strength of your setup (ship and weapon strength).

They also have the ability to platoon with six of your guild mates. The really strong clans - who are full of max, veteran players - can run their win % close to 100% if they always play guild games.

A lot of the newer guilds did complain that they were getting steamrolled. Not often, but there were enough really strong guilds to make it an issue.

So, the devs are now rolling out dedicated guild battles, where you can pick the team you face and the map you play on.

It gives the veteran guilds a chance to play other veteran guilds - or teach newer guilds a thing or two by crushing them.

While people hate losing a lot, I find that if you have the option to play different game modes (e.g., solo and you're capped at meeting people with similar strength hangers, or in a guild war and risk running into a top guild), then people are generally happy.

To put it in a way devs can understand, I'd be happy to invest $500+ into a game over time that released content that made it worthwhile for me to stick around.

Right now, there is no long term incentive to join a guild or spend a bunch of money, because at the end of the day, you're going to win about 50% of your battles and you're not going to go 5v5 against another guild and really test skill levels.

Last edited: 29 Aug 2017
    aKifer and ColdOne like this.
  18. disorder

disorder Active Member

if rovio destroy starting player, if rovio destroy big player... this game will be destroy too.
    game balance, infamy work, item limitation, etc... without this, everything got no interest.

19. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Doing a recap :

The "can do" :
    -Fix bugs.
    -Remove limitations or increase it much higher.
    -Legendary items need a good buff (Blue, yellow and green only).
    -Training mode, new maps, new MK8 boats, guild "something".
    -More transparency from the devs regarding updates, features, .... (Even if no ETAs).

The "might do" :
    -Exchange legendary parts class for another class (2:1 / 3:1 ratio + pearls).
    -Legendary perks.
    -More perks for more specific items.
    -Guild wars, events, ...
    -Improve Shop System

The "can't do" :
    -Whine :p

Last edited: 31 Aug 2017
    Miss-B and disorder like this.
  20. disorder

disorder Active Member

we are in august, in europe all things are nearly stop during summer ^^
    nothing to do except wait for september and news... hope is better than whine (even if i like whine sometimes... must agree)