1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

makes no sense + news on upcoming updates?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Bunta, 17 Aug 2017.

1. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

My kingdom for a development roadmap. That is all. Nothing more, nothing less. No Q & A. Just enough to keep us excited and speculating. :cool:

Ultrah and The Otherguy like this.
  2. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Apparently something is coming. Devs can't tell us what but Zeus did gave us a hint.
    Will try to find the thread.

Edit : Can't find it. Sorry man.

Last edited: 27 Aug 2017
  3. Miika

Miika Game Lead

The whole original team ia working on the game full time, there is always something coming... ;)

The Otherguy likes this.
  4. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

Does the whole team have their own little boat merchandise? No? Well, there's something you should do as well. :confused:
    I'll help if you want, here's my idea for Speeder.
    IMG_4576.JPG

Riddlerpaji likes this.
  5. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Of course you always working on something.
    People tend to forget it's summer vacation lol.

The Otherguy likes this.
  6. Miika

Miika Game Lead

I cleaned an off topic branch of discussion away. Lets try to keep this on the topic.

The Otherguy likes this.
  7. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Are/will you guys work on unfleeting? (Friend vs friend)

8. Miika

Miika Game Lead

No. While it could be fun when used properly it opens too much opportunities for abusing the feature by arranging fixed battles with your friends by agreeing them to float and help you win.

9. The Otherguy

Tech support
    hmmm. I though about that. Two floaters is a (virtually) guarantied loss. But is that an issue? I think that your friends agreeing to float and help you win would be about the same as your friend agreeing to tank with you. (One floater is bad but two...)

10. Miika

Miika Game Lead

Currently you can only arrange yourself to lose the match. By having control who you are playing against allows you to arrange victories. This makes the situation much worse and not worth the issues it would cause.

11. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Ok. I'll take your word for it. :( :'(

12. Miika

Miika Game Lead

If there would not be misuse we could do so many cool things. Unfortunately there always will be. :(

13. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Agreed ! There will always be a minority that abuse things and the rest will pay for it.
    What about having a 5vs5 fleet with no infamy gain/loss ? Maybe a "game" mode where friends can battles, train, etc.. without the cost of anything ?
    Like a game room. Friends (or invitees/guild) can join just for fun/training ?

Edit : 5vs5 at maximum. If you want to go solo for whatever reason and someone pops in the room, it becomes a 1vs1 or 2 friends just messing around together.

14. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

Zeus was on reddit asking what updates we want to see last week.

IF they are working on updates (real updates, not modifications) then my bet is that they are just getting started. I wouldn't expect anything before October.

Also, Rovio is advertising and launching new angry birds games, I think BB is labeled as cash cow for now (keep milking until revenues decreasr significantly).

I also think they will release a new yellow item that wil prompt whales to spend $10,000 to get it to tier 2-3 leg. Like a tesla stun launcher

15. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Hmmm. Shrewd observation. I guess the devs can't be in 2 places at once. :(

16. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

I would rather they fix bugs, do more refinements, maybe remove the limitation or something similar, maybe buffs the legendary items (not weapons), add a few maps than a half baked "real update" with "guild something".
    I know how you guys feel though.

17. chrisNazty

chrisNazty Member

18. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

We did ask Zeus about updates and he says they are consistently working on a lot of stuff and that we'll see them all sion enough.

Please try to be patient.

19. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

Apart from the legendary items not delivering to their name, I don't think this game has many issues though. To me matchmaking is fair and everything else people complain about is either dictated by:
    a) the need of profits (e.g. shop system, gold/sugar being full, inability to lock items, RNG lottery) or
    B) small inequalities that can be overlooked (star system favours certain items, certain classes having an eaiser time to farm resources)

To me, this game needs new content more than fixes/adjustments.

My porpuse, being at 3000ish infamy, is to improve, to build my weapons, to reach nightmare. But what will I do once (if) that happens? Am I getting stronger just for the sake of getting stronger?
    Leagues are good fun, but they should be the point of access to something else: e.g. I want to reach nightmare because it enrolls me in a tournament with epic perks as rewards. Or even, why not, legendary perks as rewards.

The Otherguy likes this.
  20. CheekyDevilGod

CheekyDevilGod Well-Known Member

We certainly need tournaments which has perks, item pieces and items for rewards.

Problem is how to hold a tournament where you can't make 5 ships fleet nor can you fight 1v1?.

The Otherguy likes this.