1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

makes no sense + news on upcoming updates?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Bunta, 17 Aug 2017.

1. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Oh yeah ! I couldn't agree more.
    They need to do something about those who would love to pay but have little money for it.
    You might be right though. Limitations might be the only way for Rovio to make battles more "balanced" while giving "some" perks to those who pay.

By reading the VIP chat and people in this thread, we can all agree we aren't getting much out of every $$ and we want more out of it (including contents).

I was wondering the same thing to be honest. Maybe they didn't believe people would actually pay that much to get more. In some ways, it's very good for Rovio, that means the game works great.
    I do have faith in them. Maybe i'm wrong on that but hey, we can all hope for the best. It would be better when you think about it. And who knows, maybe by having top players having more advantages due to better gears, might make new or older players spend more (just like the iPhone).
    All I know is the devs are really great. They do a terrific job and hopefully, it will change. Can't go worse (i think?) !! =)

2. Hodges

Hodges Well-Known Member

So free 2 play players are now freeloaders ?

What an arrogant statement.

Helius Maximus, WarCream and Stelmo like this.
  3. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Not necessarily.
    You have 2 types of "Free 2 play":
    1- Those who would like to pay a little but have financial difficulties (or other issues) but would try to help the development by watching ads.
    2- Those who hate the "freemium" model and wouldn't even want to watch the ads to "help" the development of the game or anything whatsoever.

I have nothing against #1, and if I can, i would gladly help them if need be. But those who can't stand the "freemium business model", would bash all day/all night, would give any app bad reviews because "the game company "wants you to pay" for things instead of being 100% free", then, yes, they are freeloaders.
    It's far from an arrogant statement when it's true. You wouldn't believe how much of those actually exists. And yet, they enjoy the "freemium" game.

How can you possibly think that a company who creates a product, excepts NO revenue in return ? Even charities get donations.

But, if that's the only thing you are getting from the thread Hodges, think and read again. This has nothing to do with "free loaders". The thread touches everyone. Even those "freeloaders".

Edit : Correction

4. disorder

disorder Active Member

i pay when i take pleasure from a game. I paid for this game.
    stop pay because of : lack of update, the problem of infamy range (disturbing to be a Hardcoregamer playing 5-8h a day, 6k fight, 5 month game, 400 euros, a T3 epic 2T3 rare...) and not able to win against the package of newbies p2w with 1K fight...
    i know relativity ^^ time =money so i need more time if i put less money, logic. at one moment the scale shouldnot be so different. but with the price of pearl and legendary, it's impossible to have a soft scale.

5. Arrow-->

Arrow--> Member

Been playing BB since global launch, it hasn't changed much just addition of MK7's and Repair bolts. Spent around 1k but Ive stoped paying now to the extent that I don't even want to spend money to get VIP access...(p.s not paying $99 anymore for 14000 pearls with random loots). We can cry all we want but tell me if the devs try and make weekly quests better or provide bigger quests is that too hard?? I know it takes time to make training area but adding special events is one way the game could be improved.

6. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

It's not about if you can pay or not, Hodges comment was completely out. @Zeus, @Miika, if you can remove Hodges and my post regarding this off topic. Thanks a lot.

The players desperately need more contents. Maybe they will do update the app in September for something good. We can all hope for the best.
    Let's give them the benefit of the doubt and see if this thread made a change for the better. :)

7. disorder

disorder Active Member

Yes, i want event. for me there is 2 event... the infamy reward (why its 15day?? was 1 week before :'(
    , and the 15/18 chest quest...not enough, i even want funny ridiculous event
    and a roadmap... even if it's just for information, would like to know how this game will change for the next month...

I truely understand old player, 1 year without a big update.

Just hoping rovio holiday will give them good idea and motivation...

8. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Yep. We all wish for better things. Hope they change things for the better.

disorder likes this.
  9. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

Can I Ask something? It's roughly one month has passed since the update (not the hot Fix) . @Miika Can you give us the expected month of the update? Would love to know it.

10. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

That would be nice.
    We all agreed about point 1 but point 2 was totally forgotten ! lol
    Thanks for the reminder.

11. WarCream

WarCream Well-Known Member

Well I am hoping that the update Will be in a month or two. And am expecting for some game changing update. (Didn't bother to read the whole thread clearly) . @Miika so would you please kindly post some sneak peak on the update :). At least it Will give us some rough idea on what it is about. Kinda excited about it but the same time afraid of smth @-@ *cough* nerf *cough*

12. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

A sneak peak would be so amazing ! Even if it's more like hints with images. Would be so dope !

Captain Gilligan likes this.
  13. Bisagras

Bisagras New Member

Bunta, what phone do you have to play ?

14. ColdOne

ColdOne Active Member

Would love to see some sneak peak of the new content!!!

15. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    I wouldn't count on anything, but the expected month of arrival would be highly appreciated!

16. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    Here is an idea, a training mode were you can see your hurt box and the splash dmg + hurt box of torps.

17. *Rubber Duck*

*Rubber Duck* Well-Known Member

Didn't really see a detailed response from a few on the ETA part of this post...just that y'all try and get a update once a month, is it safe to assume that we would be expecting this very soon by that reply?

18. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

New content? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    you're rather optimistic. Another update will mean more nerfs, more "balancing" and if we are really lucky, a new map. But I doubt it. We got 1 new map in the 4 months I was playing prior to global release. Since then, a SINGLE new item (fixing bolt) and the addition of mk7 ships ( which have no more slots/slot points, just slightly increased stats) which was a gimmick to make the top players who had stopped spending, spend a little bit more.
    So yeah, sorry, I laugh at your optimism, because I once was hopeful like you, but constant disappointments have crushed those hopes and dreams for this game

19. Captain Gilligan

Captain Gilligan Well-Known Member

Freelance Motion Designer
    I read the entire thread and likes a bunch of posts. There's an immense amount of good ideas and thoughtful topics here. Ones that I have never thought of.

(These are my opinions)
    One thing that continues to confuse me to this day is WHY do we not get ANY info on ANY upcoming content. I'm not in anyway asking for detailed information on what to expect. But even if the devs said "We have something new coming", that would make all of us curious and hopeful.
    Recently I've watched some reactions to the "then new" DLC for Super Smash Brothers. The creators let the community have a say in which characters they wanted. And then out of nowhere they would release a new character and all the fans would go crazy with excitement. They gave the community something to look forward to! And they had a say in it.
    Now unless I'm blind (which is a possibility) I have not seen any news on anything regarding updates. Everyone's suddenly asking about it, and the only response they get is pretty much....................nothing

This is what I have heard:
    - there is roughly monthly updates
    - August is break time/chill time for the staff

Well...its been a month, nothing is here... we haven't heard a single spec of info regarding anything new. Is there going to be an update this month? Are they planning something HUGE!? I have no idea, no one here has any idea (As far as I know). For all we know there could be no updates coming. we...don't...know.

The main thing I'm trying to get at here is WHY aren't we getting any information? Why do the devs continue to let us pound them with questions and you give no answers with substance to quiet us down?

I really hate saying things like this, I hate causing conflict, and I don't want to cause any arguments. These are all just my thoughts. I'm currently waiting on the sidelines here for anything new, because once there is something new, I'm going to pounce on it :)

20. Mr squiqqle

Mr squiqqle Well-Known Member

They (the Devs) tell us that they don't have time to answer our questions AND work on improving the game... It's been stated a number of times and is their answer everytime. "Would you rather we spent time here answering your questions? Or working on making new content for the game" ...
    Yet to see the 'new content' all their hard work is creating and takes sooo much of their time...

Mamamyers likes this.