1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

makes no sense + news on upcoming updates?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Bunta, 17 Aug 2017.

1. Blood Raven

Blood Raven Well-Known Member

Software Developer
    I would prefer a little less on speed. Then this issue can be partly solved, also more speed would mean higher net requirements and aiming proficiency against speeders. Many speeders lag and many normal players cant hit them sometimes due to net issues. The packets travel afterwards and shots are missed even on hitting, more speed will only increase both issues.

USS_ironsides likes this.
  2. boagente75

boagente75 Member

A lot is said already. I want to emphasize the technical disturbances which came up within last 2 days or so and as far as I can see in VIP chat a lot of people experience this. Sudden slow downs, I mean even unstable overboost, or speedups, these are in the game play, lags if you wanna call them. I experienced my explosive cannon hitting right into the belly of the enemy and not causing any damage. What is happening? Can we get an answer to this. Don't tell me internet speed, ping, etc. I work in the industry.

I agree with Bunta's comments. I received a legendary turbo and never had to evolve it more than lvl 5 since my ship reached max speed. Now I received another pair of this and I either scrap it and waste all the money I spent into this game or evolve it since don't know what I'll do with already maxed out sugar and gold.

Guys, come on, we are all playing the game but admit it, it's not cheap any many people made Rovio rich. They should at least support you to come up with required funding, manpower, etc to make this better. Is there an official way to contact them?

Boa Gente

Captain Gilligan, - Oskar - and Bunta like this.
  3. boagente75

boagente75 Member

Trust me speeders also have issues with this sometimes. It goes both ways. Needs to be fixed for everyone.

4. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Hey Boa Gente,

I think having more and more players using the same server is causing a network failure.
    It's true it's an Amazon Cloud server so it's should be pretty stable. Maybe add an additional server ?
    I think Apple has multiple Amazon Cloud server for iMessages and it doesn't crash that often. Might as well do that ?

Regarding the turbo, bank for the buck, etc... I think we call all agree that we need those. Either get more out of those items or remove the limit so It becomes useful.
    Adding perks as a workaround is "nice" but it defeats the main purpose of those said items.

Maybe by having an additional server, all the problems would go away : Lags, un-damage shots, non-speed limitations, etc...

Maybe the devs could contact some for a live Q&A so we can discuss about problems, features, etc.. and what can/can't be feasible.
    Would render the community even stronger.

I'm sure the devs are brainstorming now with all those ideas flying around in this thread. Maybe something good will happen to us (for once) ! :p

@Devs :
    We all know it takes a lot to achieve 5% of what we ask and we don't blame you.
    It takes a lot of time so stay awesome guys !

Captain Gilligan likes this.
  5. Blood Raven

Blood Raven Well-Known Member

Software Developer
    True that, also its just a personal suggestion (rovio might kill me for this) but maybe not spend much on the game bunta. Its always one's wish and then something good as battle bay may be worth spending a few bucks, but i feel the more you spend the more you begin to expect from the game.

USS_ironsides likes this.
  6. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

I've stopped paying (For now).
    Reasons being : I'm taking a break until they release something new, VIP expires in like 5 days so that won't be renewed until I come back.
    And also, because of this thread.
    Why pay for something that is suppose to be the ultimate item, being useless after X tiers ?
    Until they give more legendary items meaning, I won't spend anymore. And a lot of players feel the same way (from private discussions, VIP chat, etc..).
    It will only hurt Rovio in the long run when you think about it, which sucks because I really like this game, and so do others.

I'm sure the devs will find a solution. I have faith in them =)

7. CrawlingSkeleton

CrawlingSkeleton Member

Sir, you have a classic case of tunnel vision. I erased the remaining post because the TL;DR of first section is what I quote above.

You see.... (over used cliché warning)... It's a game. It's not a hedge fund.. "Oh my gawd why is the peasant getting the same returns as me when I invested whatever his pathetic life's worth".
    The goal here is to enjoy and then, if you can , support the game through your contributions.

It would be a very weak product/game if no one wanted it, no one enjoyed it and then some rich guys in a lounge started throwing dollars into the fireplace along with the product trying to see who had the balls to burn the most.

If you can see a clear disadvantage to investing in legendaries, by all means stick to epics. If you are a connoisseur and want a full legendary load out for the collectible value, there's nothing stopping or forcing you. If you were lucky enough to find legendary items without investment, then there's no point in worrying that it would equalise to a max epic at some point.

You're frustrated with those dedicated gaming kids who grind out all the epic loot by investing insane amounts of time into the game instead of money.
    But the point is, the game stands to earn a huge advantage in the market because of these kids. Possibly a bigger advantage than the collective monetary contribution of all the highest paying players (not all paying players, mind you, just the top, the echelon which you belong to I suppose @Bunta). When a player base is dedicated to the game, it can spawn a community. A momentum that can hurl the game through tough times or give it a lead over other games of the same type that follow it.

There is a lot of amazing contribution these communities can then go on to make to the game aside from money. Fan Art, music and lore are even sometimes adopted into the actual game, and even when not still increase the rapport of the game itself, because word of mouth is the most powerful advertising avenue (as you point out yourself). Admittedly BB isn't as big yet, but it definitely has the potential.

What I'm trying to say is, that you are becoming too focussed on the status of being a 'whale' than actually seeing what you get out of it. Take a step back, do take a break and then re-evaluate your goals with spending on games.
    Whether you want to support the industry or just be completely overpowering for the temporary satisfaction of blowing up a fleet of ships with a single torp. Try having fun for a change. Because the second option is the game company getting the better of you and your deserved wealth.

Last edited: 19 Aug 2017
  8. Miika

Miika Game Lead

There has not been any technical disturbances on the server side which would have affected the combat gameplay. It is always possible that some internet weather somewhere around the world can cause localized issues to players in that region. However, I'm not seeing any anomalies on that front either for the past week.

However, there was a small disturbance of friend list/chat being sluggish for a while before it was resolved.

We are just fine with the servers, no need to speculate or guess. Could handle much more players without issues. And yes, it's a distributed system with multiple servers already.

9. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Thanks for the clarification Miika =)

The Otherguy likes this.
  10. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

and in summary...

1) better item scaling may help address the concerns flagged in this thread, devs also may need to revisit the caps they have set
    2) more content, new battle modes, new boats??? :)

Cheers!!!

11. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Welcome Brother,
    In summary, yes ! =)

12. manueliz30

manueliz30 Member

I totally agreed to @Bunta 's points. That's why I don't spent real $$$ LoL.:D:D

I want a matchmaking for specific ship.
    E.g There is a selection of battle weather its speeder or shooter etc. only.

Guild wars + guild perks.

Customizing of ship (decoration).

Game events!!!! Tournaments :rolleyes::rolleyes:

13. BITTERSTEEL

BITTERSTEEL Well-Known Member

Wait.. To clarify, you're asking me if I would rather spend gold and sugar on leveling up an item that provides no further benefit, as opposed to spending it on an item that DOES improve when leveled?

Geez, that's a tough one. I'm not sure if I'm prepared to answer.

14. Spartz

Spartz New Member

Yo all.
    A lot have been said but I'm gonna go with something else about the fun in the game.

From a F2P point of view, and playing since global launch, what we need also at the moment is different infamie base on ship cause right now main one ship is cool some time but when you want to try another want you almost never do it cause you don't have the experience with it grinding infamie or don't have the crew that's enought lvl up to compete with the guys you face since you prioritazed your main ship.

Spartz.

15. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

Hi Bunta,

I often got matched with you/other ivy league players. Reality is: if stats had no limitations everytime a whale was fighting 3000ish infamy players it would be a one man show, f2p growth would be seriously slashed (becoming almost 1 star watchers) and the community would suffer.

It would be amazing though to have the possibility of organising non infamy based matches where the whole team is picked and you could choose to play with no limits

16. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Riiiight !
    It's such a hard decision, it's almost overwhelming ! :rolleyes:

17. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Although it's one way to put it, problem I see is this :
    1- Rovio introduces amazing items.
    2- There is a gap between a rare and legendary item (F2P / P2P (pay 2 play. Winning isn't correct since it's a 50/50 winning/losing streak).
    3- Limit said items (any kind) to get balancing.

Problem is for everyone.
    F2P players complaining about those who have legendary items.
    P2P players complaining about not having enough bang for the buck (limitation being one of those complains).

You balance the game, F2P and P2P still complain.
    Basically, nobody is happy.

But in reality, people who doesn't pay, shouldn't be complaining to be honest. It goes the same in life.
    If someone doesn't want to buy a car, why should he complain he's going much slower than someone who did bought a car ?
    House/Apartment : I'm not buying since I don't know if I want to stay in France or want to relocate so I'm renting (F2P).
    Should I complain about someone who bought a house ? Nope.
    People complain for not having jobs, but don't do anything to find one (big issue in France).

You get my point.
    The difference wouldn't be that large vs an epic build.
    It would be different with a rare only build but if you spend boatload of cash, wouldn't you want an advantage against someone who doesn't ?

It's very hard to balance something since there is a huge gap between non payers and payers.

Kind of like your idea of said non-infamy thingy. But i think it would be more like training mode. Play with friends. If players feel there is a difference, they wouldn't go for it.

PS : you play with/against me sometimes, and yet, you win/lose. Same for everyone. Doesn't give me an advantage =P

18. Arrow-->

Arrow--> Member

Maybe create a new weapon type "Ultra" only for P2W players. Hits harder than legendary T1 and all perk slots unlocked at T1!
    I feel legendary items can be improved if they have Legend only perk slots cuz tbh a level 50 Epic is still better than a legendary anyday...

19. Bunta

Bunta Well-Known Member

Maybe not an ultra weapon. Would love it but I feel it would be too OP.
    I do agree about the legendary perks. Only suitable for legendary weapons too.
    Would cost in terms of pearls but can be purchase in the "perk section shop".
    Maybe create more perks as well ?

Edit : added more.

20. aKifer

aKifer Active Member

I totally get your points and honestly I agree. I don't mind getting slashed by people who are putting more time and/or money than me in this game, they actually deserve to be better. But if I was a game developer I would try to find a balance to keep both F2P and P2P the least unhappy. And as long as top players get matched with much "noober" players, I think Rovio will try to limit how easily legendary owners impact the games.

This said I agree that what you currently get for your money is ridicolous and I would hold on all your legendary duplicates, I am sure they will address this. It's my understanding that legendaries where introduces 3 months ago? When I firsr read their specs I felt as if Rovio developed them without thinking people would get past tier 2.