1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Make the game fun for newbies

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Potchi, 3 Apr 2018.

1. Potchi

Potchi Member

Hello guys,
    You might have seen my previous posts about matchmaking and how it isn't fair and all that...
    i'm an mk3 player now soon to be mk4 with tier 3 rares...
    I've been playing for quite some time now, and I've noticed some things..
    1.) The total mk of each team may be equal, give or take a few, but the match isn't fair
    Why?
    When i go into a match, the typical range of mk is 2-4, sometimes i see an mk1 or mk5, my health is at 2400 as a shooter, when i see an mk1, typical health is at 700-900, i obviously go for him, i can take him down in 2-3hits...
    Why is this important?
    I won yes...but imagine how that player felt...he died 30 secs into the game..
    Please don't tell me that he should have hidden, this is battlebay not hide and seek
    2.) upgrading mks take a lot of time, that time allows you to accumulate powerful weapons and duplicates, upgrade and evolve them...the difference in item slots between an mk2 and 3 or mk3 and 4 may not be that big, but the higher mk has had the time to gain more powerful weapons..
    So what? The total mk is still equal...
    Putting an mk5 against a team of mk2&3 (e.g 2,3,3,3,3 against 5,3,2,2,2),
    Those team have equal mk's, but i can assure you, the mk5 will smoke the other team

I'm winning most of my games now, but everytime I get matched up with an mk1, i feel sorry for the guy, cos if he doesnt hide, he will die immediately, I don't think it's fun for him either way.

So with that said, i hope they make battlebay noob friendly

2. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

I agree here, the MMR is okay in the midrange, but at the lower infamy ranges, it's a slaughterhouse, with mk4 and 5s mixing with mk1s. I suggested a "kiddie pool" that matches you with only newbies until you get a mk3/mk4. After that, you're dropped into standard matchmaking.

3. Hazimi

Hazimi Active Member

On my early days playing BB, this never happen. I could only play against 1 mk higher ship (not 2 or more mks higher ship). What happen to previous match making system devs?

PastelPiku likes this.
  4. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

Exactly. This is the thing the "you should be more cautious" people miss. Sure, you can do that. But if someone selected Battle Bay because they were hoping for a fun little combat game then hiding behind a rock isn't likely to tickle their fancy... particularly when they find out they are strongly penalized for their success.

I assume Rovio are not complete idiots. That means they know they've got a problem. I suspect the rub is that the real fix involves a nearly total overhaul to their economic system. As things sit, it is simply too profitable to tank.

PastelPiku and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  5. StrictSalmon307

StrictSalmon307 Well-Known Member

Professional student
    It's still the same. It's just that because the game is getting older, there are more higher level players than low level players (not infamy, but captain level)

PastelPiku likes this.