1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Let's talk about the So called Holiday gift.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Mad_Bulls_007, 24 Dec 2018.

?

Rate the Holiday gift out of 5

1. 1 - Worst gift ever

10 vote(s)
    21.7%
  2. 2 - it was ok

10 vote(s)
    21.7%
  3. 3 - It could have been better but, I'm happy

17 vote(s)
    37.0%
  4. 4 - loved it

5 vote(s)
    10.9%
  5. 5 - Best gift ever

4 vote(s)
    8.7%
  1. Mad_Bulls_007

Mad_Bulls_007 Well-Known Member

So, no one's gonna talk about the holiday present about how bad it is, then I'll.

Let's start with the last year holiday present. We got 500 pearls, Jingle bells (Instant scrap), and a premium chest (Nothing premium ). That was the first gift Rovio gave us after the global launch and I was ok with it. I was still new to the game and that was a good gift.

But, now after another year, I expected something big from Rovio. I thought we could actually get some cool things this time. But, I should have known better. Rovio will never change. So, what did they give us? Yes, same old gift from last time. Nothing changed. I atleast expected an epic container instead of that stupid premium box. But no, they gave us the same old s***.

This is what I got with my mini account. I should be happy atleast I got an epic item. :rolleyes:
    20181224_090003.gif

Overall, This is a serious let down by Rovio. But, what can I expect from a company that aspires more money than anything else.

This was just my rant about the holiday gift. You guys can give yours too. I know that some of you might not agree to this, but I had to give my opinion.

2. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

I'm always grateful for free stuff. But it could've been anything except last year's copy pasta. The game has changed so much. We have new ships, ship parts, teal items, event coins, legendary perks and ever growing epic powercell issue. It could've been anything other than generic boxes that we get every sunday. Maybe old style legendary pieces event for one last time to cater for both new players and loyal players. Oh well, what's done is done. Merry Christmas everyone.

3. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

I would very much appreciate if the gift include additional slot.

Why BB sooooo stingy with inventory slo?

We always need to juggle or inventories when we buy premium box offered in large number.

Seriously give us free inventory slot with purchase of anything that increase our slot.

4. Redneck Messiah

Redneck Messiah Well-Known Member

Being F2P, I had no major grievances with this... free crates/pearls always welcome. I do think some gold/sugar or some epic/legendary item pieces would have been a welcome addition, but we F2Ps can't afford to be choosy. I'l take it.

just you wait a few years when you're getting bodied by nightmare speeders with cooldown boosted, max level jingle bells and a leggy carronade, screaming for your maternal figure as the incessant ringing drives you ever closer to death.... that got dark quickly

5. Undead fixer

Undead fixer Active Member

Guys its rovio what could you possibly expect?? lol....

6. Ultrah

Ultrah Well-Known Member

It could’ve been better. Last year, everyone got a Epic item from the crate. This year we didn’t.

7. Mad_Bulls_007

I believe the last time, the chances where higher to get an epic item and not guaranteed. Because, some of my friends didn't get an epic . But, this year it's the same old premium box with the same chance to get an epic perk with no increase. :(

Sidd gamer likes this.
  8. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Then why did you downvote the post related to this on the toober's group ?

9. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

I still have last year’s Jingle Bells, so I’m happy that I can evolve it to t2 now. I’m hoping that they secretly made t5 really powerful, but I guess we’ll have to wait until 2021 to find out :D

One thing that struck me this year was the Holiday Deal:
    3EC07788-8C60-4236-8048-96A97D4BCB1F.png

At first I was tempted by the slightly cheaper box of goodies. But then it occurred to me, just how useless the contents were likely to be, for someone like me.

I’m well beyond the stage where Rare items are of interest to me, so 90% of the included items would be going straight to scrap.

If I were lucky enough to hit two Legendary pieces, and they were the right colour, then I would be able to combine a legendary... but even then, it’s not going to make any difference to my game, just another underpowered item, hogging inventory space.

As for Epics, I already have many of the duplicates I need. In fact, I’ve got such a backlog in my inventory, it will probably take me another year or two to work my way through it all. So even if I hit one of the handful of Epic duplicates that I still need, I wouldn’t actually ‘need’ it for many months to come, at which point I’ll probably have found it anyway. Anything else would just be scrap.

So yeah, a whole box of scrap — not really very enticing.

This is where I think Rovio really misses the mark. They bring out something new like the Guardian, and the new Teal items. I was excited about the new ship. I’d like to play the new ship. I’d even be willing to pay money to play the new ship. But before I could even try a game in the Guardian, it would take me months of inventory clearing, collecting, slowly upgrading the ship and items, waiting on Epic power cells, and RNG perks... they just make it so difficult that I honestly can’t be bothered. Teal items go straight in the scrap, and my Level 1 Guardian is just a coat hanger.

10. Mad_Bulls_007

Yeah! Like they would. Lmao :D I don't want to read his sad reply. It's better that I down vote:rolleyes:

11. Ovidmikel

Ovidmikel Active Member

SPOT ON

You definitely hit the nail on the head .

12. Sewah

Sewah Well-Known Member

Dont buy this deal, u will not get enough inventory to stored it and you have to juggle your inventory and sacrifice your items.

Sidd gamer and ViscountSniffit like this.
  13. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Lmao what ? Then By your logic, Your post is "sad" too ? No offense I just found it pretty hypocritical so couldn't stop myself from posting it

14. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    How can it be the best/worst gift if we've got the same thing every year? It wasn't bad but maybe a bit of variation would be nice.

Last edited: 24 Dec 2018
    Reorge and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  15. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Next time maybe make it something more creative?
    Hey, I'm not arguing with the sheer value of the gift. The bells alone are basically 276 epic parts which is a HELL OF A LOT OF MONEY. But as so many have said before me, it's the same as last year. Let's have some crazy event going next year, shall we?

16. Nikkie!

Nikkie! Well-Known Member

Baaa, I’m a pig (I am out there!)
    Hey guys!
    There are people who are happy with this!
    (My guildmates:))
    They don’t care about: “It could be better”
    They are happy with this:)

500 pearls wow!
    Guys you can scrap jingle bells, you’ll get epic parts!
    I hope they give us tomorrow another jingle bells:p

That is how they were:)

There is a Dutch saying about this:
    Wie het kleine niet eert, is het grote niet weerd (he who does not honor the small, is not worth the big thing) / (he that can not keep a penny shall never have many) :)

17. This Is Me

This Is Me Active Member

Umm, I'm just curious, but when is the Jingle Bell event? Lol

Ovidmikel and Sidd gamer like this.
  18. BattleRascal

BattleRascal Well-Known Member

My thought process was the same. The epic container deals are now useless to me. All rares would be scrapped. I have tier 5 rares of anything I need. Over the last couple months I've gotten enough epic dupes for most of items I need. Just missing two epic big shields for tier 5. So likely all epics would be scrapped too. Wish they put a little more thought process into the holiday gift and deals.
    A tangible deal, such as 3000 epic parts and 200 epic powercells would have made my wallet open.

Sidd gamer and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  19. Reorge

Reorge Well-Known Member

Most of the early players would be happy getting a jingle bells that costs 276 epic parts along with 500 pearls and random rare/epic weapon because those things are quite hard to get at their level. 276 epic parts and 500 pearls are good enough for someone under 2k infamy or cpt lvl30. But for the old wizened players they are pretty easy to get as they earn alot more rewards from battles, they tend to get more things from guild raffle and pretty sure most of them scrapped the rare weapon they got today anyway.
    It's once in a year gift, why be so stingy with it too ? What's the point of giving a jingle bell which is complete garbage in battles anyway ? In fact, They shouldn't even allow this thing to be used in battles other than customs as it just encourages some idiots to troll.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  20. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Hmm... As a pretty old player myself, I'll say this. Raffle in a mid-high tier guild will give you about 100 epic parts per rivalry if you're lucky. Considering that 2.787 million gold is needed to accumulate that many epic parts, it's really no mean feat. At Ace 1 multiplier levels, it took me about a full day to raise something close to that sum back when I mk6'ed my speeder, one day of hard grinding.

As something close to an old player, I'd say what they're dissappointed at is the fact that the gift is the SAME as what it was last year. I'm of the opinion that the devs should spice it up next year, maybe have an event with gold/sugar multiplier, or hey, just replace the coins with candy, it'll look both cool and in line with the BB crew's love for all things sweet(since sugar is a currency :) )

Nikkie!, Sidd gamer and Reorge like this.