1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Legendary Weapons Nerf / Suggestion

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by Arjun Biju, 6 Apr 2018.

?

Want it to be implemented ?

1. Yes

2 vote(s)
    25.0%
  2. No

5 vote(s)
    62.5%
  3. Maybe , idk

1 vote(s)
    12.5%
  1. Arjun Biju

Arjun Biju New Member

Like I havent gotten any legendary weapons thus far but from seeing @YSLs and other nightmare league youtubers I understood legendary weapons dominate the battle and most have t1 and t2 legendaries
    This is mainly because of the new update where too many nightmare league players get better rewards like legendary pieces but it seems to result in the quote that " the rich keep getting richer , while the poor stay the same "

Im saying this on behalf of nightmare league players and ace league ones ( although im not nearly there but can understand the feelings of @YSLs enemies ) that @YSL and the others are the best of the best but giving them t5 legendaries just stops others from beating them so a simple nerf is as follows

T1 legendary - No nerf
    T2 legendary - No nerf
    T3 legendary - 1 second extra cooldown nerf
    T4 legendary - 2 seconds extra cooldown nerf
    T5 legendary - 3 seconds extra cooldown nerf

These extra cooldowns do not stack so T5 legendary is NOT 6 seconds extra cooldown but just 3 seconds extra
    This cooldown is only on weapons for now according to my idea.

This nerf is useful because :
    Ace league players are mostly matched against Nightmare league players and will give them a winning chance .
    It levels out the playing field

Con :
    Players might choose to not upgrade past T2 and T3
    Players might choose to add item cooldown reduction perks

No hate on @YSL you're the best player in the game and I know that , just want others to maybe reach your skill level and weapon level

Personally , I feel it gives an option to people to stop leveling it or continue to level up the weapon but risk the cooldown and is quite a harmless nerf ( I think )

What do y'all think about this ?

Someone likes this.
  2. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    Giving them extra cooldown does nothing. The damage produced by a T5 leggy with all damage perks is OUTSTANDING. Also, just pointing this out; WHY ANOTHER DARNED NERD THREAD?!

3. SeaNavy

SeaNavy Well-Known Member

As your item levels up, it's supposed to increase in stats, not decrease, and adding cooldown per level will just make any legendary weapons higher than level 20 worse, and that's not fair for the players with 3+ of the same legendary because they've either earned them or payed for them.

4. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    True. Imagine waiting for your T5 legendary standard cannon to reload... its supposed to fire really fast

5. Ian

Ian Well-Known Member

Student
    Did you know an epic t5 is better than a legendary t2? Legendaries are pointless unless you get a t3, which is only slightly better than an epic t5. And the only way you’ll get a t3 legendary is by dropping loads of cash. Legendaries are definitely not op, im actually really grateful that rovio made being f2p competitive with even the top spenders. Also, a t5 epic is around 70-85% the strength of a legendary t5 (Varys depending on which specific item. Epic big shields for example are much closer to legendary meanwhile bandages have a bigger gap between the two, but still quite close).
    Source: http://battlebayitems.com

Side note: you may think that YSL’s gear is super OP, but check out Banderas or American Marauder. T5 legendarys across the board.

Last edited: 7 Apr 2018
    FearsomeChicken and Fluid Bait like this.