1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Just started , need some suggestions on how to do stuffs

Discussion in 'Strategy Discussion' started by Razerx100, 4 May 2017.

1. Razerx100

Razerx100 Member

Hello guys. I downloaded yesterday and reached Lv7. Reached 300 cups easily but now it's a lot harder. I'm using a Defender with Green Canon , and Sniper Canon with a Blue shield. I see most people using Mortar or The Mortars which leave a burn. I'm upgrading the Canonnier guy. I feel like I'm doing something wrong maybe.
    What do you guys suggest? Thanks in advance

2. Risu

Risu New Member

Yeah I experienced the same. I think after the Global launch there some kind of choke around 300-500 and some matches are very unbalanced. Mortars, expecially long range ones, cannot be fully usable in some maps and since you dont know which map you gonna play, my suggestion is either use short ranged ones or use cannons, torpidos etc.

3. Gillion

Gillion Member

While defender is one of the harder ships to play early to mid level they can be rather effective at higher levels. I recommend you check out Porthos YouTube as he has some great defender game play. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC75bPgoTwhKotEM2Z0fIugg . Maybe he has some specific advice for you if he is lurking on the forums today.

4. P0rthos

P0rthos Well-Known Member

I'm always lurking... ;)

You aren't doing anything wrong. It's normal to rise in infamy, and then fall back a bit as you meet harder players. Just give it time. :)

Defender isn't the best boat at the moment. It's great when u first start out, but as you progress you will want to try other boats. Best advice is to try all kinds of different weapon combos and see what works best for your play style. If you like to play from far away use sniper and mortars and rail guns. If you like midrange, use standard canon, tritorps, napalm like me. If you like close range try carronades, blast canon, exploding canon, and grenades.

But a lot depends on what your store gives you too. Just keep testing and see, don't be afraid to be unique, and train your crew in the areas you for sure want to go. Brock and Bhurt are usually pretty good bets.

Frumpus likes this.
  5. Razerx100

Razerx100 Member

Hello thanks for suggestions. And your videos are awesome.
    Currently I've Shooter MK2 now and around 1k cups. Now I get matched with MK3/4 ships lol.
    Anyway, I dunno why I'm using but I've 2 Standard Cannon and a Sniper mounted. I tried mounting Blast Cannon and Explosive but the projectiles are too slow and I miss most of them. So put a second Cannon.

Anyway, I've another question. I also play a MOBA called Vainglory, and I like learn deep mechanics and stuff. So my question was, I'm using a Rare Standard Shield on my Shooter atm. Now I've 2 perks, 15% HP or 5 Defense point or whatever. The HP perk gives 50HP, now the 5 defense should lower Damage I take but I wanted to know exactly how much. Tell me if you know please
    Also I've another concern, in Vainglory how defense work is, from 100 damage, first 100 defense reduces damage by half so 50 but next 100 Shield will reduce the remain damage in half, so 25, next 100 12.5 so the damage dealt will never hit 0. 200 defense should reduce 100 damage but it's benefit gets reduced the more you have.
    I wonder if Battle Bay has that, I already have 7 Defense. If the Vainglory defense logic applies here, the next 5 won't be as effective as first 5 thus making the HP perk better.
    Anyway, sorry for a long paragraph.