1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

IT'S GOING DOWN at 3:30 AM EST! Tournament 2! $250 cash prize - The LATE LATE SHOW xD

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by DeeMeester, 19 Sep 2017.

1. yellowocean

yellowocean Well-Known Member

what other rules are there? can you switch boats midway through the required 8 battles? What's the timing of the tournament? Will it be at the start of a season? Should winning via capture give an extra point? hehehe Goodluck guys... if the tournament schedule is good with my schedule then i'll try to join :)

DeeMeester likes this.
  2. yellowocean

Totally agree with warnet on the bae points system, better use the in-game star system as primary points basis... what i think you guys need to work out are the secondary parameters for tie-breaks. having a 1-1-1-2-3 format is also very prone to "luck" factor and will diminish skill factor in determining the ultimate victor of the tournament. considering that all tournament participants are active battlebay players then submitting more videos won't be an issue. i suggest using the previous format where each participant submits a set of videos separately for each round with each batch coinciding with the timeline for each succeeding round. pre-forwarded videos to be used for succeeding rounds kinda defeats the goal of this tournament as well as putting the player at the mercy of random video picks. i'm recommending a 3-3-5-7 format (or 3-3-5-5 / 3-3-3-5), you can always speed up the playback if there are constraints on broadcast time.

for the actual point system here are my suggestions (in order of priority in case of tie-breaks):
    1 - stars earned per battle
    2 - wins / losses
    3 - MVP position (top gives 5 pts, 2nd- 4 pts, 3rd - 3 pts, 2nd - 2 pts, last - 1 pt)

although the star rating system right now is kinda confusing since the devs have kept the secret sauce confidential and they have said that they do make unannounced adjustments to it, it is still the most fair basis for the tournament points. wins/losses should come in on the next level since what's the point of being so good if you can't carry your team to victory. And lastly, the MVP position at the results screen will be ultimate tie-breaker. Note that none of these parameters will give consideration to damage/kills and heal points (which is always a point of contention for fixers and non-fixers). in my opinion, it's the most fair point system available to us now

DeeMeester and Captain Gilligan like this.
  3. yellowocean

Furthermore, you guys might want to consider special awards/recognition for each round and/or for the whole tournament for like:
    1 - highest kill count / highest kill ratio (whole tournament / per round)
    2 - winningest player (most wins in submitted videos) (whole tournament)
    3 - most valuable player (most number of top MVP positions) (whole tournament)
    4 - most awesome battle (by votation among participants/viewers/judges) (whole tournament - broadcasted videos)
    5 - best comeback win (by votation among particpants/viewers/judges) (whole tournament - broadcasted videos)
    6 - most benevolent healer (by stats or by votation)
    7 - most intimidating (by stats or by votation)

4. yellowocean

some other recognitions you might consider but needs more detailed monitoring (but i think its fun to have):
    1 - bhurt's apprentice award - most kills with cannons / most accurate
    2 - mortimer's monster award - most kills with mortars
    3 - blastian's bane award - most kills with missiels / mines / tri torps
    4 - sinklair's sage award - most kills with big / swift torpedoes (maybe we can include tri torps here instead)
    5 - best shooter / speeder / enforcer / defender / fixer

Last edited: 22 Sep 2017
    Proficient Gaming and DeeMeester like this.
  5. DeeMeester

DeeMeester Active Member

Wow, amazing ideas @yellowocean ... so much good stuff here. I am going to bring this up with the tournament discord community (I know you just joined the discord, we just talked lol) and should have an update on all of this within the next two days. Anyone else who wants to voice thoughts on this in the meantime, please weigh in!

6. DeeMeester

DeeMeester Active Member

Registration to compete in the 2nd BAE WATCH Tournament, ends at 11:59PM CST North America TONIGHT. Must be able to record battles.

Register here:
    http://www.battlebaydiscord.xyz/baewatch

Prize awards are:
    1st place - $150
    2nd place - $50
    two 3rd place prizes: $25/each

Email any questions to baewatchftw@gmail.com

**We will draw the competitor names at random (lottery-style) from the pool of registered names on Tuesday at 8PM CST North America on our YouTube channel LIVE @ www.BAEWATCH.Win

Good luck! :)

7. DeeMeester

DeeMeester Active Member

TONIGHT TONIGHT TONIGHT - an EXPLOSIVE event to be sure
    we've got so many great players & a lot of great new players too!
    ...including: Genki Gamers, Bastone, American Marauder, Niraj, Yellowocean, In Memory of(Hot Wings), Hodges, Waveblower, Infinity aka Black Shark Torp, Godlike, Retarded Arachnid, Shocky, Smash, Squadup & many more!

WHERE TO WATCH @ 8PM EST (New York City time) -- http://www.youtube.com/BAEWATCHftw

Watch this teaser trailer for the event tonight:

Captain Gilligan likes this.
  8. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

what is this; new player, only playing for 2 months

DeeMeester likes this.
  9. DeeMeester

DeeMeester Active Member

It's the second BAEWATCH Battle Bay Tournament where people compete at Battle Bay to win first place & cold hard cash.
    If you want to know more, just check out http://www.youtube.com/BAEWATCHftw & check out the first tournament... Tournament 2 goes live in the next 12 Hours.

vis1234567899 likes this.
  10. DeeMeester

DeeMeester Active Member

Guys,
    Here's the update on Tournament 2 start time! We should be going live in the next 12 hours! I don't know who's going to win but it's going to be epic...
    We will release another announcement about an hour or two before we go live.
    If you can't catch it STREAMED LIVE, then you can always the VOD after the live stream and see all the juicy tournamenty action.

Grey Storm & myself will be commentating & and the whole community came together to make it happen.
    Here also is a short video if you want to get your info in video form too... :D

11. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    Well done

Rip people who live in New Zealand and NSW. Can’t watch anymore.

12. DeeMeester

DeeMeester Active Member

I can't say for sure but I think we will be starting at around 9-9:30pm your time. You could start watching a little then catch the rest on VOD :)

13. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

Yo, DeeMeester, we should fleet up sometime. You're 1.3k ish, ri8? In three days, I get my mk5 speeder, and I'll be around that range by this evening. My tag is #SHRNBCQR . Let's meet up on the bay.

DeeMeester likes this.
  14. DeeMeester

DeeMeester Active Member

We are going LIVE at 3:30 AM EST! OMG IT'S LATE... but if you're in Australia or Malaysia it might be early...

Come by & check it out!
    WHERE TO WATCH: http://www.youtube.com/BAEWATCHftw

15. Gnu

Gnu Well-Known Member

Games
    it's live now
    Go here to watch!

Thank me later dee