1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Item trading with-in guild

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by The Otherguy, 7 Nov 2017.

?

Is this viable? (Read post first)

1. Yes

57.1%
  2. No

17.9%
  3. With tweaks

30.4%
  4. Idk, it SOUNDS cool

17.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    I thought about it...

vis1234567899 likes this.
  2. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Though(t) about what

The Otherguy likes this.
  3. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Edited ^ ^ ^

vis1234567899 likes this.
  4. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

so u are not frightened by my curse and do u go around liking most peoples posts

The Otherguy likes this.
  5. Mr. Chompers

Mr. Chompers Well-Known Member

Unless you have none of that item in your inventory.

6. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Yup. :) I'm a very liking guy. :p

Nikkie! likes this.
  7. Elothean

Elothean Active Member

As much as I like the idea, this would eliminate the randomness of evolving parts. The easier it is for you to get the item you wanted, the more likely it is for you to lose interest in the game. What if we trade item for item parts instead? This means that you are trading something that is sure, for the other to get a chance for the item he likes.

It's like, "Hey, I have 10 item parts. Can I trade it to you for that item that you are not using?." So technically you are still getting an item by completing item parts.

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  8. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

That ends up being the same thing. It just adds an extra step, as parts just become a currency for buying items.

For example, imagine I really want a legendary sniper, but instead I get a big torp. So I trade the big torp with someone for 10 legendary pieces. Now I have 10 pieces, so I can trade them with someone else for a sniper, and so on... everyone gets exactly what they want without any randomness.

Nikkie!, Carlos99 and Elothean like this.
  9. benguin8

benguin8 Well-Known Member

VIP could have shorter trade times, or higher limit of trades.

Not that it is an exploit per se, but just acknowledge that you are opening up a black market of new accounts here. New account, log in each day, no battles needed, get 2 rare crates weekly. RNG helps you get what you need eventually, trade to main account. PROFIT.

Im not entirely against it because when RNG is bad, the game fails. Maybe there is a solution for this?

Elothean and Mr. Chompers like this.
  10. Elothean

Elothean Active Member

I see your point. However because of the constraint he put regarding not being able to trade multiple rare (1 week) or epic (1 month) for a certain period, it is more difficult to exploit this system. So instead of trading straight up to get the epic that you want in a month, now it would take you 2 months to do just that if you are using the parts as currency. Plus it would take a while before you complete 10 item parts so that is an added constraint.

One of the appeal of this game is the element of "chance." Even the rewards in the rivalry is done via raffle. By doing this, it would add that chance factor in this trading system because with what I propose, instead of trading 2 sure things, you would trade 1 sure item part for a "chance" to get what you need. Either way if they use item parts for currency, someone would still end up taking a chance combining the parts or it would take them a longer time for the item they want.

Also this would help discourage those who would buy just to trade.
    So instead of having this scenario: 2 players buying what the other player needs and trading straight up.
    You would have: 1 player if he opted to buy an item would trade for parts for chance to get something he needs.

Spending 3000 pearls to trade an item for parts would be less appealing and would be a downgrade. That's why you are spending that much pearls in the first place because you want a sure thing.

I think you can solve that with the mechanics they use for fleeting. If the new account is really not active, it would be at the lower infamy. Having a restriction of trading within 800 or so infamy would likely solve this issue.

ViscountSniffit and Mr. Chompers like this.
  11. Mamamyers

Mamamyers Well-Known Member

Loser
    Yes please!

The Otherguy likes this.
  12. Mr. Chompers

Bump, I think this is a great idea.

The Otherguy likes this.
  13. Carlos99

Carlos99 New Member

I wish we could donate as other games do, donate pieces or weapons, all as a clan

Nikkie! and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  14. Mr. Chompers

15. Don't kid me

Don't kid me New Member

Great ideas! TOTALLY AGREE WITH THAT!!!!!:)

The Otherguy and Mr. Chompers like this.
  16. Snapshot

Snapshot Well-Known Member

I dislike economies in games... particularly in a game like this that is just a lobby shooter. Socialization quickly becomes the most important skill. I'd rather focus on fighting my boat than trying to gain equipment by trading. When implemented, such a system will quickly become the most potent way to obtain gear. So be in a "good guild" or die. No thanks.

17. Ash KOT

Ash KOT MVP

All the time trading is possible, people will make a lot of alternate accounts to farm.
    With 1 account, you have 1 chance to find a certain weapon per chest etc,
    Now if you can trade, I could make 9 accounts and stick them all in same guild, and have 10 x the chance of finding said item.
    I would keep useless epics on my main just to trade with my alts when the right weapon drops.
    Sorry but its a no from me, have seen this kind of thing abused too many times before.

Nikkie! and The Otherguy like this.
  18. Rogue Blueberry

Rogue Blueberry Well-Known Member

This concept, but re-imagined.
    Trading systems are very exploitable and inflate gear, so let's set some limits.
    1. Trading between guild members only
    2. You must be a member for one full rivalry before you can trade or receive Trading Tokens (I'll explain soon)
    3. Trades must be a lvl 1 for a lvl 1 of the same rarity.
    4. You can only trade one common every two days, one uncommon every week, one rare every two weeks, and one epic per month.
    5. You can't trade a common one day and an epic the next, you must go for the full time limit without trading anything to trade one item.
    6. If this is still not enough exploitation prevention, the implement Trade Tokens. You must pay x amount of trade tokens per trade.
    7. How do I get TT (Trade Tokens)? Contribution. You can cash in contribution points for trade tokens, which can only be used in that guild, and dissipere if you leave. Contribution must be spent within 24 hours of rivary ending. Amount of contribution for trade tokens is up to the devs, as they have the data

Nikkie! likes this.
  19. Agile Vanguard

Agile Vanguard Well-Known Member

Random Battle Bay player and tuber.
    I want this.

Also if there are any exploitations, how about having to use pearls for both the traders?
    Common- 10
    Rare: 50
    Epic: 100

I know it's a high price but trading will be insanely powerful. Plus no exploiters and benefits devs.

Also you have to be a certain level before you trade so mini accounts can't trade with main account.

Last edited: 1 Dec 2018
    Nikkie! likes this.