1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Item trading with-in guild

Discussion in 'Suggestions & Ideas' started by The Otherguy, 7 Nov 2017.

?

Is this viable? (Read post first)

1. Yes

57.1%
  2. No

17.9%
  3. With tweaks

30.4%
  4. Idk, it SOUNDS cool

17.9%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

One more: The trade cost will be a weapon of the same rarity and evo level. You should'nt get a epic t4 for nothing, nor should you have to pearl it. Also, trades will be automatically reversed in X days, after which the players who traded will have a trade cooldown of X hours.

Nikkie! likes this.
  2. Tirth2_

Tirth2_ Well-Known Member

Hmm! A lot of details can be added to the idea!

3. The Otherguy

The Otherguy Well-Known Member

Tech support
    It feels like no-one is reading the OP. -_-
    You have to trade one item for another.
    Tirth, is this how you feel with your threads? :rolleyes:

Nikkie! likes this.
  4. Tirth2_

Lol we are reading everything! But putting it into our own words feels much better! :p

Nikkie! and The Otherguy like this.
  5. TheAntiSnipe

Precisely. Otherguy, ma bro, you gotta explain in detail, or this wouldve happened in page 8 or something. Lol. But still.

Nikkie! likes this.
  6. The Otherguy

Tech support
    This is exhausting! :confused:
    I'm going to bed.
    See you all on the bay and tomorrow. :cool:

Nikkie! likes this.
  7. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

When you tagged us on spoiler we didn't get a notification for it :rolleyes:

8. TheAntiSnipe

Yea, we didn't.

Nikkie! likes this.
  9. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Nikkie! and Mr. Chompers like this.
  10. Tirth2_

Nikkie! likes this.
  11. Joey who

Joey who Well-Known Member

^

Nikkie! likes this.
  12. The Otherguy

Tech support
  13. • Percy •

• Percy • Well-Known Member

9th grader
    Greta idea! I'd totally go for it. It's easy in the fact that you can trade only when you're above a certain captain level so people in the noob area cant get all epics. I also like the idea of being able to trade once every day/days/week/month because it ensures that people don't get T2 epics or higher in a second. I really think this is a great idea! Ps: thanks for the mention

14. The Otherguy

Tech support
    They couldn't get all epics anyway without buying pearls, because you need to give an epic to receive an epic.
    And by 2 months, their not very noob-y anymore. Still noobs, but it would take them more than that to find a guild to stay in for X months.

Nikkie! and • Percy • like this.
  15. ViscountSniffit

ViscountSniffit Well-Known Member

Trading is something everyone would enjoy. It would be a no-brainier if it didn’t conflict with the game’s economy and progression.

Any idea that is able to reconcile those two opposing ideas, would be amazing.

One idea I was toying with, instead of trading, would be allowing players to loan items to a ‘guild pool’.

Once an item is loaned, it goes into a guild inventory, and can be equipped by other guild members, however, it cannot be scrapped or upgraded, and will be unequipped if the player leaves the guild.

This would give players an incentive to keep and upgrade weapons that they don’t personally want to use, and also give them a place to bank those weapons. It’s also another way we can help guildmates solve quests, and promote guild loyalty, by building up a shared inventory.

Alternatively, players might donate items to the guild inventory, and relinquish all control. That would allow the item to be upgraded by anyone in the guild, but they would still belong to the guild, and can never be owned by any single player.

I’m not sure the best way to organise the return of items. Perhaps they automatically return to the guild inventory when someone signs out, or after X amount of hours (there would be lots of ways to do it).

16. The Otherguy

Tech support
    Make a new thread with that! It's a really cool idea!
    At this rate, the devs will be working 24/7 for months to implement all our ideas! :D:cool:

17. Cyn

Cyn Well-Known Member

I like the idea, and it would be interesting to see how it could be implemented. The one thing that I could see is that creating time period limitations, such as being in the same guild for x amount of time, or limiting trades based on x number of items within a time period still wouldn't eliminate exploits entirely.

You would still run into account farmers. Guys that would create multiple accounts, play them until epics dropped, then those guys could sell those accounts to other players; that would bring those accounts into their guilds, complete a trade, then ditch the account (this type of item farming and account selling has occurred on other games).

The other thing is that not all items are equal, regardless of rarity status. Would an item farmer be able to sell the right to trade an epic Explosive Cannon to another player in exchange for getting an epic Carronade in return? I would say probably yes. Or could I get someone to pay me to trade them my epic Turbo in exchange for their epic Rudder? I could see that happening too.

Overall, I would like the ability to trade. But as we've seen in prior events where there was some flexibility that created opportunities for exploitation, some players have taken full advantage of it.

Mr. Chompers likes this.
  18. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

sorry to burst peoples bubbles but item trading still conflicts with the games best interests as well as too many routes of exploitation said above and whatever u tag is not going to help anyone. ( @The Otherguy )
    I am secretly miffed that my name was not on the list :p:p:p:p I will curse u forever and when i ever reach ur infamy level i would hunt u down"][/SPOILER

19. vis1234567899

vis1234567899 Well-Known Member

Hey how do u put in a spoiler
    Lol

20. Babablacksheep

Babablacksheep Well-Known Member

We already discussed in that personal conversations, you can only trade only 1 epic for evolution to a particular Tier (DUPLICATE TO BE DETECTED IN INVENTORY itself ) which will result in TRADE LOCK of that ITEM . AFTER the item is trade locked is applied, you cannot receive that item TRADE from anyone else permanently, which means for further evolution you will need to RELY on RNG(unless you already had T4 epic with its epic duplicate)