1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Item popularity snapshot - June 2018

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Miathan, 15 Jun 2018.

1. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

@TheAntiSnipe and what are f2p people, like me, gonna use after that? That would kill off rare shields. Only options left would be OVB and Nitro, all other yellow items would be unusable.

Edit: that's why I'm suggesting only buffs.
    Buffs over nerfs right? ;)

TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  2. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Nah, I'm with you. I think that would work .. and definitely don't miss the trip snipers (like I said above) .. which is one reason I suggested 11-1200 hp's.

I just like some spice in my life .. My only real issue with BB is that it's ridiculously hard or expensive to use 4 different boats (as they're intended to be used) or a variety of weapons/setups. So, as bad as the EC is now, many have to continue using it as a counter - when they're prefer to use something else .. I'm not a huge fan of one item in the game further restricting possible setups - to that extent anyways.

3. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

It isn't really that hard. I'm moving on to being a triple main(yes you heard right, speeder+enfo+defendo) and am trying to build a shooter setup as well(maybe a weekly thing, my shooter is gonna be a sniper build)

4. TheAntiSnipe

Oh and to those of you don't know, I have an 8k HP mk5 defender and can play it in Ace 1 on a double blast flare rig. Unlike most idiotic defenders I know, I make the enemy pay heavily for each hitpoint I lose:cool:

What's Up Player likes this.
  5. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

Obviously, it's not hard to toss some weapons on a boat and play around in ace league ..

But, try playing a railgun/sniper shooter, then switching to a Tshield/blast Enfo the next match .. in nightmare league **as they're intended to be used, i.e., with proper crew training**

6. TheAntiSnipe

The training itself will take a day LMAO

7. Miathan

Miathan Well-Known Member

:eek:
    that is the most annoying word since that other word you used for tesla shield which I will not utter here

8. TheAntiSnipe

TESSHIELD

Well, due to Capitan Defender, it's been stuck in my head lol

9. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

That stat was b.s. and was from one week. Not to mention it took every mk class during heavy guild defender quest being thrown out for rivalries.

Not interested in 1 week stats.

The only stat that truly matters. Top 50. Top 100. And top 200 League play.

These are the players who can adjust weapons and ships quickly to take advantage of meta. They show what really works and doesnt work.

The imballance in the game is all mk6, and mk7 boats and how they relate ti each other.

10. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

You are right that a single week can be an anomaly.

I would prefer to see stats from multiple weeks to allow this issue to be put to properly put to bed one way or another.

ShipCrusherCz likes this.
  11. TVNPryde

TVNPryde Well-Known Member

@YerJokinArnYer, funny how you said let RNG decide if an EC should be able to break TS. Taking an EC without losing any health and you want to let RNG decide if it can break the TS? With the new HP perk for TS, flare won't be able to break it now. Oh, flare is a 1 slot weapon that can break TS at the moment.

Now if we reduce TS HP to 11-1200, people will say that it's unusable at the lower tier. TS still serve its purpose as it saves the user the health. You are asking for the TS to be unbreakable. How does that makes sense in anyway?

12. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I’m not exactly sure what your point is, as I think a little has been lost in translation. I think you’re picking me up on my maths which is fair enough. I didn’t research any numbers beforehand and so was speaking from ‘what is logical’ point of view rather than a mathematical point of view.

What would be really useful would be to know what damage various fully trained T5E weapons do, compared to what level a fully trained T5E TS withstands. We could then have a meaningful discussion about what we think should break the TS.

However, I am not saying that T5E TS’s should be unbreakable. That’s definitely not the point I was making or something I believe should be true.

Rainbow Warrior likes this.
  13. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

LOL!!! Too bad nobody saw this coming...
    Please make a legendary tesla shield perk that offers both HP and duration boost. That'd make it fair, cause then enforcers could double down on the tomfoolery.

Last edited: 21 Jun 2018
  14. NathanaelK

NathanaelK Well-Known Member

Anyone out there…? :(
    There is a BB Subreddit. My in-game tag: #GDHYNGJQ
    Thank you so much for making this!

15. envylife

envylife Well-Known Member

I can't tell you how many awful Defenders I've had on my team today... Should it even be possible for a Defender have 2-3 T5 Epic weapons and still not be able to deal their infamy in damage? I'm glad you are picking it up, we need Defenders with common sense.

ShipCrusherCz and TheAntiSnipe like this.
  16. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

I think you’ve missed my point. I did not say it was surprising that TS hp perks were being used, my point was that looking at perks had made me realise that we’re overlooking the types and effects of perks when looking at snapshots. The effect of perks is significant, especially when you see the gear scores being given to them. I was trying to steer the conversation away from TS and back to the snapshot in general - there are more than enough threads debating the merits of TS.

I don’t think any player will claim mystic soothsaying levels of foresight because TS hp perks are now being used, it was kinda obvious that it was going to happen.

And finally, please can I request that you be respectful to minors on the forum and ‘clean up’ the language used in your post.

17. SupremeCalamitas

SupremeCalamitas Well-Known Member

I don't think it's your business
    IMG_0488.PNG I will someday use the blue item generated by the combination of these pieces to fight double bubble enforcers.

Yes, that's a level 10 rare overboost I scrapped

18. SlayerofSergeants

SlayerofSergeants Well-Known Member

Fixed ;). "Tomfoolery". I'll keep that in mind. Now if you wouldn't mind editing your quote...

Also, yeah, I agree, not looking at perks is missing a part of the picture.

When you pointed out the growing use of HP perks, it brought back the rage :mad: I first felt when we realized they were further boosting the already OP TS.

Beating a dead horse, NOBODY asked for the explosive cannon nerf. Devs nerfed it.

Tons of people asked to do something to reduce the OPness of the TS. Devs added buffs to it.

C'est la vie.

TVNPryde likes this.
  19. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Now ‘tomfoolery’ is a fantastic, much underused word. :)

20. c3n3

c3n3 Well-Known Member

If the stun was Un breakable I simply wouldn’t use Tesla shield, sorry but all rare Tesla shield users would find the Tesla shield to be more of a detriment than a benefit since it always breaks in nightmare. The item would just become a free Tesla bolt for shooters.

What's Up Player likes this.