1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Hey please check out our new forum Suggestions and Ideas found in the area "The Bay" - as we love all your ideas and want to collect them in one place, - please use it going forward. :) Thanks already for helping to make Battle Bay an even better experience. Remember: If your idea already exists - simply add your comment or like to an existing one so we avoid duplicates.
    Dismiss Notice

Item popularity snapshot - June 2018

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Miathan, 15 Jun 2018.

1. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

How do the top 50 Double bubble enforcers deal with each other?
    They have no EC. My understanding is that their metas revolve around flare guns, blast cannons, grenades and mines.
    This is not me being flippant, this is a serious question.

2. *JAWS*

*JAWS* Well-Known Member

If u watch top 50 enforcers. They 85-95% save the unfriends enforcer for last.

They don't even bother dealing with an enforcer. And when they run into another enforcer early game. They run away. Overboost or nitro out of there. Watching 2 enforcers fight can take minutes. I have seen 1vs1 enforcers end game take 2.5minutes to finish a kill. The tesla shield delays them badly.

That's how top enforcers deal with each other.

3. Da Carronade King

Da Carronade King Well-Known Member

Seducer
    Yeah. But lower down. Lets just say it gets really messy, I found that double bubble enf was good at keeping the capture zone. A bit like a defender really. But the only problem is that at mk5, you don't have any other yellow items to help you so you go as slow as a defender.

4. xArrogance

xArrogance Well-Known Member

It's a good question ... Based on the ones I've seen, Jaws is spot-on about them taking 2 to 3 minutes.

I'm sure there's a fair amount of strategy and skill that goes into it, but it's a bit like watching paint dry.

5. What's Up Player

What's Up Player Well-Known Member

Guys, but nobody said, you, as a defender, have to deal with Enforcers.

If you'd rush enemies to destroy Enforcer, well then you deserve to lose.
    Isn't it easier to destroy fixer or most DPS shooter?
    Yes I am Enforcer also, but it has never happened that defender rushed us to destroy me. That's illogical.

Plus, as @YerJokinArnYer said, Enforcers deal with each other, so obviously, levelled up those weapons are effective against Enforcer.

Also, this discussion we have isn't about Enforcer right? Snapshot showed, that Enforcer (at least MK7), is overpowering. So your argument that "those weapons won't work against double bubble" is irrelevant, because as defender buff is needed, Enforcer nerf is needed also.

Last edited: 20 Jun 2018
    TheAntiSnipe likes this.
  6. What's Up Player

Plus, dunno who said it here, that Enforcer got many buffs lately, not sure what game you playing.
    It got only one HP buff lots of time ago (half a year?)..
    Only things that made Enforcer shine were nerfing counters (frost +torp and stun), which, as snapshot shows, are extremely underpowered.

Balance those, buff defender and I'm pretty sure everything would get better in the Bay.

Miathan likes this.
  7. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

A couple of alternate discussion points to throw into the mix:
    • Whilst snapshot shows that enforcer is making up majority of top 50, for the several seasons now, the top spot of the top 50 has been dominated by a shooter.
    • Battles involving just the top 50 must be rare. These games of these players (as they get higher and higher in infamy) become more about who can carry relatively weaker and weaker teammates.
      • Is the key to carrying weaker and weaker teammates, being able to deal damage quickly (ie more suited to shooter than 2 or 3 slot weapon boats)? Eg say an equally strong top 50 shooter and defender are in a match against each other, and both have an equally strong support team (of say 4100 infamy players). The shooter could avoid the defender, deal damage on other enemy players quicker than the defender can (due to not having any wait for cooldown and can get off 4 shots in the time defender can only get off 3) creating a situation where they’re eventually facing the defender in say a 3v2 situation.

What's Up Player likes this.
  8. xArrogance

I doubt it'll help, but I'll try to clear up some of the misunderstanding.

If the snapshot is remotely representative of the top 500, (and based on the number of 5+ enforcer matches I see, I believe it is), then, yes, you will have to deal with enforcers. Defenders can't deal with them was the point.

Yea .... I didn't see anyone suggesting to ignore everyone else and suicide rush the enforcers. So, either I missed those posts or someone is feeling paranoid.

Again, I don't think that's what he said. I thought he asked a question.

You completely lost me here ... MK7 enforcer is overpowering but needs a buff?

And ... how the limited number of Tshield counters might lead to less variation and higher usage rates than you would see if not for one arguably overpowered item. It seems relevant to the discussion ...

So nothing else makes them shine? Really ...

So buff enforcers and buff yellow items, and toss defenders a bone and all is good? .... seems rational.

Sidd gamer likes this.
  9. TheAntiSnipe

TheAntiSnipe Moon's haunted

"ONLY" 11? Dude, enfo mk6 cannot regen for the most part, and if you cannot take out an exposed enfo in 11 seconds... Holy hell. It takes like 4-5 seconds if your team knows what they're doing.

Besides, enfo is a duellist class, it is supposed to win 1v1s in most scenarios.

What's Up Player likes this.
  10. Medullaoblongata

Medullaoblongata Active Member

There two factors in carrying teammates single handedly
    1) Dealing damage as you described
    2) Survivability

While Defender has huge hp, enforcer has manuever (dance) and tesla shield,speeder has Small hit box and nitro to dodge,fixer has self heal...Shooter doesn't have any of those attributes in Survival factor..After all you need to actually survive also do deal more damage.

Mad_Bulls_007 likes this.
  11. xArrogance

I don't think good Defenders typically allow shooters to ignore them and pick off teammates but I take your point. It certainly happens.

And it could be one reason you don't see as many defenders on top .. I tend to think they're less scary when they have to load up on damage perks for somewhat of a Tshield counter rather than having the power to nail me for 7500 in a 3-shot fire combo, but it could be a mix of the two points for all I know.

Along the same lines, if it's 1v1 at the end, a DB enforcer can likely take a defender, an ill-equiped shooter, or fixer .. but they also have the ability to run and force a draw, thereby reducing the number of losses ..

I've had a few 1v1 fights with uneeq where it was impossible for me to catch him long enough to break his shield and get a 2nd shot in. He either slowly picked me off with his flare or pulled out the draw.

I imagine that's another reason Enforcers are so well represented.

*JAWS* likes this.
  12. EyeOfDoom

EyeOfDoom Well-Known Member

But remember guys. Defenders have the highest win percentage in the bay so it's still very overpowered compared to other boats. I suggest speed and hp nerf to mk7.

13. TheAntiSnipe

Before people start flying off the handle, let me make my stance clear.

• Enfo is a duellist. Any nerfs should keep this in mind. Its weps are oneslot only, and thus, this means a kind of "monk" class, multiple skills with low cooldowns. This also means that no ship on equal ground can match a skilled enfo in a 1v1, like in every other game with this sort of class system. (Face it, could ANY non duellist class in Vainglory give Krul a match in 1v1s? No!)
    • The problem with the enforcer currently is double bubble. Two bubbles giving almost no window in a 1v1 situation. This is really not fair at all, which is something I agree with.
    • I think the best way to solve this is to make it so that the bubble, when popped, gives an UNBREAKABLE 4 second stun, allowing the hunted to become the hunter. Nerfing CD is a BS measure, because most enfo players came to enfo after the TB nerf which gave the speeder less of a chance to have at least one gun cooled down.
    • About the defender. The "double greatsword" build got CD nerfed. That sucks for a class that really needs its low CDs. I think bringing back the old CD with less burst to be proportionate is a highly viable fix, because LOOK AT THE EXCANNON. I mean come on. The damage is dismal, considering that it's a twoslot and a blast can easily go toe to toe with it. Sure the splash exists, but how often can a defender leverage that with endgame teams knowing how to keep safe distance from the splash?
    • Also, make it so that excannons inflict splash even when hitting tesla shields(not on the user, but on everyone outside it.

SlayerofSergeants likes this.
  14. What's Up Player

Edited my mistake, I'm sorry for confusing you, meant Enforcer nerf is needed as much as defender buff is needed.
    And no, defender isn't supported to win 1v1 with Enforcer, because Enforcer is a duellist ship (just like speeder).

To the last point, there's clearly written buff DEFENDER and balance those (counters to Enforcer) and it'll be balanced.

Edit: and @YerJokinArnYer's question was rhetorical question. Google it.

15. xArrogance

I appreciate you editing your mistakes and finishing sentences. It makes your comments easier to read.

lol .. You have some sense of humor

^^ end of his comment.

16. YerJokinArnYer

YerJokinArnYer MVP

Interestingly, I’ve just looked at some of the top end enforcers and some of them are starting to run TS hp perks. Perks are incredibly strong and are being overlooked in this conversation to date. Has anyone ever done a perk snapshot of the top 50?

I can’t quite make my mind up whether a perkless T5E EC should break a perkless T5E TS, but regardless I think it should be very close either way. Perhaps they should be equal, and then let the RNG element of damage decide (People can have their own opinion on this, but this isn’t the point of my argument in this post).

However, I think that a T5E EC with one epic damage perks should definitely break a T5E TS which has no TS hp perks. It should then be a game of cat and mouse between EC users and TS users about how many damage perks they put on the EC (compared to fire perks) and how many hp perks a TS user puts on their TS (compared to duration perks).

Neither EC nor TS users should be able to ‘have their cake and eat it’. If EC users want to break TS, then they should load up on more damage perks rather than fire perks. If TS users want to give themselves the best chance to withstand EC hit, then they should load up on more hp perks rather than duration perks.

17. xArrogance

You make some good points, especially about the EC .. but I've resigned myself to the fact that it's probably not coming back with these usage rates.

And, I don't have an issue with the double bubble or the duelist class (or how it's lessened the number of dual/trip-snipers, burn stacking setups, or speeders) .. The issue I have is that players are restricted to a few weapons (and the perks they attach) if they want to somewhat counter the hoard of Enfos.

If the Tshield HP's were knocked down to 11-1200, missiles, cannonades, blast cannons, and grenades would be viable alternatives. Likewise, for the players making it to nightmare league with their rare weapons (or less than max epics), they'd at least have a shot at competing. Right now, if it takes you 2 shots to break a Tshield, you might as well give up. The next Tshield will be up right after your third shot while you're force-fed 3 shots like a fraternity pledge.

They may be the duelist class, but they absorb shots as well as Defenders, deal damage as well as Shooters, and have the agility of Speeders .. Toss a repair pulse on that thing and we can just get rid of the other 4 boats.

18. What's Up Player

I'm really hoping devs could get back tesla bolt and frost. The usage of those items is basically nonexistent in top 50 (or basically in whole NML) - in comparison to ECs, that are still used a lot. Those items always made perfect counter to double bubbles.

19. TheAntiSnipe

Reducing HP to 1100-1200 would be insane to be frank. You NEED that much if you want to survive taking even one shot. Look at it from the other end of the spectrum.

My suggestion is better in that it imposes a direct 4 second gap. Enfos, unless in extreme cases, have an HP of about 7-8k(tops). Ofc there's 10k+ ones out there, but those guys have really tanked up. If an enfo mk6 with 7k HP walks into a fight and gets one shield clipped, ONE opponent can pump in two shots into them, dealing about 2k+ damage(if you're endgame, four digit figures HAVE to exist on at least a few of your guns), which I think is pretty damn good!

20. TheAntiSnipe

Plus I think many shooters are angry at having to pack three consistent four digit guns at a time to crack shields, because they like carrying sniper cannons, and sniper cannon has become less relevant due to the TS meta in the endgame;)